Thai Labor Ministry stepping up production of auto sector workers

webfact

Labor Ministry stepping up production of auto sector workers

aw1.jpg

Bangkok, 12 February 2016 (NNT) – The Ministry of Labor has initiated efforts to enhance Thai laborers in the automobile industry in line with the government’s 10 industry clusters of the future strategy.

Minister of Labor Gen Sirichai Distakul has opened a seminar titled “Developing Human Resources for the Auto Super Cluster, Towards a New Engine”. The gathering is being held to collect ideas and views on how to improve an automobile personnel training institution jointly set up by the ministry and private sector to satisfy demand for labor in the auto-manufacturing and auto-parts sectors.

The institution was established after the government observed the rapid growth of the automobile manufacturing industry in Thailand and resolved to have the Kingdom become a center for auto production in ASEAN.

The institution is expected to produce up to 3,000 workers a year in 3 years to work towards the state’s goal of having 3.5 million automobiles produced in Thailand annually by 2020. Up to 200,000 skilled laborers are projected to be needed to fulfill the target.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-12 footer_n.gif

The USA owner big 3 car companies are making money before they make cars in Thailand.

I heard that GM and Ford added $1500 to each car they sold just for Long term Healthcare in the USA.

In Thailand zero Healthcare costs.

Car market to remain depressed in 2016, Kasikorn Leasing President Tawee Teerasoontornwong, 2016-02-04:

"Continued depression of the Thai economy has led to speculation that the auto industry will not be able to achieve positive growth this year [2016]... the Thai auto industry will only match its figures from last year in 2016 or contract by 4-8 percent with the sale of only 73[0]-76[0] thousand vehicles.

But let's step up production of auto sector workers!

The USA owner big 3 car companies are making money before they make cars in Thailand.

I heard that GM and Ford added $1500 to each car they sold just for Long term Healthcare in the USA.

In Thailand zero Healthcare costs.

I'm sure glad you heard that. Objective re-reporting at its best.

The United Auto Workers (UAW) is one of the world's strongest unions and has always provided its members high quality health since, well I'm not sure when, but since my Mom was born and her Dad paid her health care bills thru UAW - and my Mom's been dead now 4-yrs at 91-yrs.