Farang Friendy Bars North Of Bangkok

NCC1701A

OK, I have visited these cities and towns North of Bangkok and they all have some nice Farang friendly bars.

Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Korat, Kanchanaburi and Surin.

Have I missed any places North of Bangkok?

Thanks for any intel, GPS coordinates, satellite maps, passwords or secret handshakes. :)

I live in the north and have yet to find a bar that was not friendly to me, a farang.

In many, I am the only farang in attendance, but those bars seem to be even friendlier than those with a high number of farang customers.

How you are recieved by Thai people is " up to you" as they love to say.

I live in the north and have yet to find a bar that was not friendly to me, a farang.

In many, I am the only farang in attendance, but those bars seem to be even friendlier than those with a high number of farang customers.

How you are recieved by Thai people is " up to you" as they love to say.

As long as you can at least gesture towards the Chang and have baht in your pocket, I think farang are welcome in most bars

thanks for this input. i worded my my question wrong.

i am talking about bars that are just for Farangs. you know, bars with names like "Easy Bar" or "Honey Bar"

Edited by NCC1701A

thanks for this input. i worded my my question wrong.

i am talking about bars that are just for Farangs. you know, bars with names like "Easy Bar" or "Honey Bar"

He means sexpat bars ;-)

Beer bars with hookers, why didn't you just come out and say it :-)

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

i travel all over Thailand on my motorcycle, and sometimes these bars are a good place to find farang food. and talk with expats. sort of a break from not being able to communicate with the Thais and endless Thai food on a long trip.

So anyway, I was hoping to get some more info, but maybe my list of cities are the only locations in Thailand.

anybody?

Technically only just north of Bangkok, Sisaket and Ubon provinces have several falang bars, none of which are hooker bars.

Eg

Ubon Ratchatani city:

Wrong Way, N-Joy, Me-Bar, TC Lakeside, Outside Inn (guest house with bar), Peppers (more restaurant than bar)

Sisaket Town:

Frank's Living in the Past, Robin's Nest

Southern Sisaket province

Pizza4U (Kantharalak), Celtic Bhoys place in Pusing (if still open)

A number of resorts owned by falang wives have bars that are frequented by falang too.

I have heard of or been to falang bars in Roi-Et, Mahasarakahm, Korat, Buriram, Nong Khai - almost any Isaan town with more than 10k people living there is likely to have a farang drinking hang-out of sorts.

There are a load of places run by Thais that are essentially hooker bars and are farang friendly if you have panache plus a little Thai (or local mates!) - just look for the fairy lights or preponderance of 24 hour (short-time) hotels in the locale. As a biker I'm sure you know that already and I guess you were looking for better conversation than that!

Edited by SantiSuk

Last time I went adventuring up north, the bus dropped me off at a karaoke bar in the middle of nowhere Loei at 11:00 PM. Before I could ask if the bar was still open, there was a young lady standing in front of me with a cold beer and another waiting for me at the table. The lads were decent and good fun. Some old guy showed up and had a few friendly words with me too. At the end of the night, one of the girls gave me a ride to the nearest guesthouse, but didn't spend the night with me. Almost a perfect evening. So I'd say your chances are good almost anywhere, especially if you speak a passable amount of Thai.

Technically only just north of Bangkok, Sisaket and Ubon provinces have several falang bars, none of which are hooker bars.

Eg

Ubon Ratchatani city:

Wrong Way, N-Joy, Me-Bar, TC Lakeside, Outside Inn (guest house with bar), Peppers (more restaurant than bar)

Sisaket Town:

Frank's Living in the Past, Robin's Nest

Southern Sisaket province

Pizza4U (Kantharalak), Celtic Bhoys place in Pusing (if still open)

A number of resorts owned by falang wives have bars that are frequented by falang too.

I have heard of or been to falang bars in Roi-Et, Mahasarakahm, Korat, Buriram, Nong Khai - almost any Isaan town with more than 10k people living there is likely to have a farang drinking hang-out of sorts.

There are a load of places run by Thais that are essentially hooker bars and are farang friendly if you have panache plus a little Thai (or local mates!) - just look for the fairy lights or preponderance of 24 hour (short-time) hotels in the locale. As a biker I'm sure you know that already and I guess you were looking for better conversation than that!

this is good information. thanks.

i get nervous traveling alone and going into the "fairy lights" :)

To be honest you will go into one in every two or three and will be ignored unless you push it hard. That's because they are more terrified/shy of you than you are of them. Pays to be a bit pished!

Ok so far I have the names of about 12 bars and four cities that were not on my list. Thanks everybody for your input. A few comments here I think my question was misunderstood.

Ironically I don't drink. I just find these bars can be a good place to stop and a sometimes located in a best area for a Farang. I have really no fear about going into most business in Thailand. I have be to the most Hiso Bangkok bars and the most dive bars all over. Just looking for locations to plan my solo motorcycle trip as I have gone to the obvious places and now looking for more off the beaten track. Thanks again.