UK police arrest 16-year-old on suspicion of hacking US government agent data

webfact

UK police arrest 16-year-old on suspicion of hacking US government agent data
BY LARRY BANKS

Bank-Hacking-702x336.jpg

LONDON: - Days after 30,000 profiles of FBI agents and Homeland Security workers were leaked online on Sunday, police in the UK confirmed they have arrested a 16 year old in connection with hacking the data.

Known on the Internet as ‘cracka’, the teenager has also been connected with the hacking of CIA Director John Brennan’s AOL account.

Website The Daily Dot says it has contacted associates of the boy, who said he has been released on unconditional bail but his electronic devices have been confiscated.

Full story: http://www.streetwisejournal.com/uk-police-arrest-teenager-hacking-us-agent-data/

swlogo.jpg
-- StreetWiseJournal 2016-02-15

Big job offers coming his way soon. whistling.gif

And it says lots about government agencies (especially spy agencies) if they can't protect their data from 16 year olds that don't shave yet and are only just out of short pants. coffee1.gif

Big job offers coming his way soon. whistling.gif

And it says lots about government agencies (especially spy agencies) if they can't protect their data from 16 year olds that don't shave yet and are only just out of short pants. coffee1.gif

Not that surprising. When I was 16 I had already been shaving for 2 years and was a soldier. Most under 35's can run rings around me with technology and I wager most teens can do likewise to over 25's.

I always find it amusing that the US/Chinese/British/ ETC.... government agencies can

hack with impunity and collect data from the foreign public, (and probably there own)

but they take great offence when someone hacks them. Hypocrites I say. coffee1.gif

A perfect example of the arbitrariness of the 18yo "adult" criteria. This kid should be tried as an adult, and if convicted, punished as one. Yeah, all the jokes here are a regular laugh riot. I'll wager most of the yuks are coming from those who've not yet had their identities stolen.