90 day visa to visit the wife

Hay guys

I need to pick your brains!

I went back to the uk in November after visiting the wife for 90 days

I have just come back to Thailand on the 9th of February on a 30 day tourists visa as I was not able to get an appointment at the Liverpool office in the uk I was going to do a 60 tourist visa then I was going go and do a visa to visit the wife for 90 days at her home town.

The question I have is as I only have a 30 day tourist visa can I extend the visa for a further 30 days at Suratthani

And then do a 90 day visa to visit the wife?

Or can I only get a 90 visa to visit the wife ? Sorry I cannot remember the technical name for the visa to visit the wife!

Please excuse my ignorance!

What other options do I have I don't have 400,000 baht for the non o marriage visa!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for your replies.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife or you can obtain a single entry 90 day "O" visa in Loas.

If you wish to stay longer a one year multiple entry "O" visa can be obtained without financial evidence from the Thai consulate in Savannakhet, Laos

You wife would not have to be with you to apply for a single entry non-o visa. You will need your marriage certificate and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed and dated by her. You could also get the single entry non-o in Penang Malaysia.

If you plan on returning again with a year after this trip it might be worthwhile to get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. The visa costs 5000 baht verses 2000 baht for a single entry visa.

• Like 1