mark faber

true blue

Certainly a 'troll' topic. Mark Faber in CM, indeed.

Marc Faber has a home in Chiang Mai so it isn't shocking that he's there.

He's been predicting doom and gloom since he completed primary school without interruption.

His modest digs

Haus%2Bvon%2BMarc%2BFaber.jpg

LOL...... this is for sure the financial markest greatest Comedian.... I always believed he had a few SINGHA too many in his body...... sadly, still so many newspapers and websites feel like they need to talk to him and give him a platform to spread his trash talking

On the other hand maybe it’s you that talking trash? ermm.gif

As it’s so easy to assassinate someone’s character the way you do so would you care to give us a specific example of where you consider he was wrong?huh.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why so many posts knocking this man and his accomplishments down? The proof is in the pudding. He has done it...he has accomplished it , to the level I would say, that surpassed anyone on this forum. Why cut him down??? I can only believe that these knock-down posts are just a expression of latent jealousy. You want to disagree with him and his comments.... ok then disagree. Then proceed to go out with that self believing supremacy and surpass his accomplishments.

Didn't you ever have a teacher , in your formative years, that taught you .... If you can't say something good about someone then say naught. Com'on gang show some "cooth". Disagree,but show why and with some good manners.

Certainly a 'troll' topic. Mark Faber in CM, indeed.

Marc Faber has a home in Chiang Mai so it isn't shocking that he's there.

He's been predicting doom and gloom since he completed primary school without interruption.

His modest digs

Haus%2Bvon%2BMarc%2BFaber.jpg

LOL...... this is for sure the financial markest greatest Comedian.... I always believed he had a few SINGHA too many in his body...... sadly, still so many newspapers and websites feel like they need to talk to him and give him a platform to spread his trash talking

As it’s so easy to assassinate someone’s character the way you do so would you care to give us a specific example of where you consider he was wrong?huh.png

Good Point .... I think the poster to which you responded, could best give the example by showing his bank account to compare with the Faber Account.

Why so many posts knocking this man and his accomplishments down? The proof is in the pudding. He has done it...he has accomplished it , to the level I would say, that surpassed anyone on this forum. Why cut him down??? I can only believe that these knock-down posts are just a expression of latent jealousy. You want to disagree with him and his comments.... ok then disagree. Then proceed to go out with that self believing supremacy and surpass his accomplishments.

Didn't you ever have a teacher , in your formative years, that taught you .... If you can't say something good about someone then say naught. Com'on gang show some "cooth". Disagree,but show why and with some good manners.

people that unjustifiably attack Dr Marc Faber the way many posters have simply do so because they can’t handle the reality of what he’s saying. They prefer to keep living in la la land perpetuating the same crooked Alice in Wonderland financial system run solely for the benefit of the banksters that for the last eight years has been based on nothing more than “extend and pretend “which is now in its final days.

Not the same Mark Faber that predicted 4 years ago on the networks that the stock market would go down by over 20% if Obama was reelected??? (and the market did the exact opposite!) cheesy.gif

He wasn't alone. Pretty much the whole Republican party was predicting that and massive layoffs due to Obamacare.

Since you asked:

25 May 2012 - "Marc Faber: 100% Chance of Global Recession"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47566735

27 June 2013 - Marc Faber - Global Recession in 2013 (CNBC Interview)

2 August 2014 - "Marc Faber: World is Probably Going Back into Recession"

http://investmentwatchblog.com/marc-faber-world-is-probably-going-back-into-recession/

Not the same Mark Faber that predicted 4 years ago on the networks that the stock market would go down by over 20% if Obama was reelected??? (and the market did the exact opposite!) cheesy.gif

He wasn't alone. Pretty much the whole Republican party was predicting that and massive layoffs due to Obamacare.

and so also did Forbes business magazine.

.............lots of people who voted for Obama incorrectly assumed that the high stock prices were a strong indicator that the economy was on the road to recovery.They also ignored, or in many cases, didn’t understand, that higher stock prices were actually the result of Fed manipulation. They also believed the highly suspect data from the BLS and other government agencies that the economy was improving.

And was the economy improving?cheesy.gif

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2012/11/14/market-selloff-after-obamas-re-election-no-accident-recession-coming/#37ceb25a142a

Since you asked:

25 May 2012 - "Marc Faber: 100% Chance of Global Recession"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47566735

27 June 2013 - Marc Faber - Global Recession in 2013 (CNBC Interview)

2 August 2014 - "Marc Faber: World is Probably Going Back into Recession"

http://investmentwatchblog.com/marc-faber-world-is-probably-going-back-into-recession/

well all I can say is if you don't believe the world is going back into recession just keep drinking the Kool-Aid

Many market forecasters got the upcoming depression story wrong, so Faber wasn't alone.

Based in the movement of free markets they would probably have been right. However the central bank franchises with all the money printing and rigging markets have been able to hold off the inevitable for quite a while.

What did we get instead? Stockmarket ponzies, rigged pms, low interest rates wiping out retirement plans and fuelling housing bubbles, banksters and the 1% getting richer as the rest of us got poorer.

Maybe it can last longer, seems to me though that a massive correction is due. Except for those in the know of course.

Many market forecasters got the upcoming depression story wrong, so Faber wasn't alone.

Based in the movement of free markets they would probably have been right. However the central bank franchises with all the money printing and rigging markets have been able to hold off the inevitable for quite a while.

What did we get instead? Stockmarket ponzies, rigged pms, low interest rates wiping out retirement plans and fuelling housing bubbles, banksters and the 1% getting richer as the rest of us got poorer.

Maybe it can last longer, seems to me though that a massive correction is due. Except for those in the know of course.

He also predicted hyper-inflation and sky high prices for gold. And when his predictions fail to come to pass his supporters say "just you wait.". Still waiting

He also predicted hyper-inflation and sky high prices for gold. And when his predictions fail to come to pass his supporters say "just you wait.". Still waiting

so what? blink.png Yet another sceptic who expects his predictions to occur precisely on the hour on a certain date or otherwise he is wrongfacepalm.gif

Have you ever considered the possibility that his prediction on those two matters would only be under certain conditions that just haven’t occurred yet.

One of his other consistent warnings over the years is that when central banks run out of tricks (which they obviously have now) they will take us to war. Just based on Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev’s warnings last weekend over Syria (without even mentioning continual provocation by USA with China regarding Spratly Islands) it certainly looks to me like we are on a trajectory that will eventually allow him to claim that prediction as being correct.

so what? blink.png Yet another sceptic who expects his predictions to occur precisely on the hour on a certain date or otherwise he is wrongfacepalm.gif

Have you ever considered the possibility that his prediction on those two matters would only be under certain conditions that just haven’t occurred yet.

One of his other consistent warnings over the years is that when central banks run out of tricks (which they obviously have now) they will take us to war. Just based on Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev’s warnings last weekend over Syria (without even mentioning continual provocation by USA with China regarding Spratly Islands) it certainly looks to me like we are on a trajectory that will eventually allow him to claim that prediction as being correct.

Rational people expect his "predictions" to occur within the time frame that Faber himself announced them. Recession in 2012 is what he predicted. Also in 2013. Also in 2014.

So if there's a recession this year, you think that makes his predictions correct? No, it makes him wrong in three separate and previous instances.

Using your failed logic, if the weatherman predicts rain tomorrow and it doesn't rain until June 15th, he was "eventually correct". That's comedy gold! facepalm.gifclap2.gif

(See what I did there? "Comedy gold" and your nick is midas? I crack myself up sometimes.)

even a broken clock shows the correct time twice a day laugh.png

Sorry Gonzo and perhaps I havent done the research but any financial guru I take with a grain of salt.

Its not always a tall poppy syndrome but I cannot believ all what these people say.

Im also not a racist and I as a outsider cannot believe what I hear about Obama. Is he any different that other presidents of the USA? In some ways yes but has he done a worse job than his predecessors? I think not.

My opinion is that Barrack had the right idea/push but the American bureaucrasy fakd it all up....how surpising.

Sorry Gonzo and perhaps I havent done the research but any financial guru I take with a grain of salt.

Its not always a tall poppy syndrome but I cannot believ all what these people say.

Im also not a racist and I as a outsider cannot believe what I hear about Obama. Is he any different that other presidents of the USA? In some ways yes but has he done a worse job than his predecessors? I think not.

My opinion is that Barrack had the right idea/push but the American bureaucrasy fakd it all up....how surpising.

Your insight into America is almost as interesting as Landtrout's week long stay at the Santa Monica YMCA, but neither you, nor it, know squat about America. So just keep drinking that warm beer, and proclaiming your acceptance into free Thai health care. but those of us, who are true Americans; couldn't care less. My great-great grandfather was actually an Englander...must have been a sex tourist. Him and his brother came over and impregnated two young indian women. Probably explains why I am disease free, and not bald...however, it is quite obvious that the German side of me is four times smarter, and we've even learned how to drink refrigerated beer, or should I say "refrigerate beer."

As far as I am concerned you are ALL TROLLS. The site is getting more and more <deleted> up. You people need a <deleted> hobby or job. What did you <deleted> do before the Internet? Did you actually have lives. <deleted> gibberish.

I moved back to the REAL WORLD because you people are even worse in person.

As far as I am concerned you are ALL TROLLS. The site is getting more and more <deleted> up. You people need a <deleted> hobby or job. What did you <deleted> do before the Internet? Did you actually have lives. <deleted> gibberish.

I moved back to the REAL WORLD because you people are even worse in person.

Thank you for sharing, chow hound.

The ducks are lining up. Just a little bit longer. :)

The ducks are lining up. Just a little bit longer. smile.png

Yes indeed!...........You would have to be pretty blind not to see them by nowsad.png

"I Guess It's Food Stamps": 400,000 Americans In Jeopardy As Giant Pension Fund Plans 50% Benefit Cuts

“What’s happening to us is a microcosm of what’s going to happen to the rest of the pensions in the United States,” said Jay Perry, a longtime member of Teamsters Local 41 who worked for Yellow Freight, now called YRC Worldwide Inc.

The fund is so short of money, it will go broke in 10 years.ohmy.png

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article60760061.html

Yes indeed!...........You would have to be pretty blind not to see them by nowsad.png

"I Guess It's Food Stamps": 400,000 Americans In Jeopardy As Giant Pension Fund Plans 50% Benefit Cuts

“What’s happening to us is a microcosm of what’s going to happen to the rest of the pensions in the United States,” said Jay Perry, a longtime member of Teamsters Local 41 who worked for Yellow Freight, now called YRC Worldwide Inc.

The S&P index is up 33 percent since Obama was re-elected. It's up over 100% from his first election. Therefore it must be his fault that the Teamster's Pension Fund is failing.

Rational people expect his "predictions" to occur within the time frame that Faber himself announced them. Recession in 2012 is what he predicted. Also in 2013. Also in 2014.

So if there's a recession this year, you think that makes his predictions correct? No, it makes him wrong in three separate and previous instances.

Using your failed logic, if the weatherman predicts rain tomorrow and it doesn't rain until June 15th, he was "eventually correct". That's comedy gold! facepalm.gifclap2.gif

(See what I did there? "Comedy gold" and your nick is midas? I crack myself up sometimes.)

Oh yes indisputably your quick wit is quite outstanding................

Now the with regards to the subject matter it depends what your own definition of a rational person is. Many “ rational people “ believed in April 2011 that the 2008-2009 downturn in fact never actually ended. In a Gallup poll released in April found that 29 percent of those queried thought the economy was in a “depression” and 26 percent said that the original recession had persisted into 2011.

So without actually asking Dr Marc Faber in person you or I will never know whether what he actually meant by his prediction regarding 2012, 2013 and 2014 was that the ongoing recession or depression would simply keep getting worse? So it is a complete fallacy for you to say he was wrong in three instances.huh.png

http://ritholtz.com/2011/08/2008-09-downturn-ever-end/

The S&P index is up 33 percent since Obama was re-elected. It's up over 100% from his first election. Therefore it must be his fault that the Teamster's Pension Fund is failing.

The 2008 analog lines the current trajectory up with August 2008 right after Treasury Secretary Paulson told the world reassuringly that:

"Our economy has got very strong long-term fundamentals. And you know, your policy-makers and regulators here - we're very vigilant."

And we all know what happened next...facepalm.gif

post-6925-0-72259000-1455884605_thumb.jp

Archived