Married and have a non immigrant o visa but want to go home to the UK for a visit

Hi

I am married to a thai national and have a non immigrant o visa which requires me to report to immigration every 3 months. I have to report at the end of February but sometime in March I want to return back to the UK for a visit. How will this affect my visa on my return to Thailand? My annual renewal is due sometime in May so would I have to start a new application over again.

Thanks for your advice

JAF

If you have a visa you are not required to report to immigration every 90 days .

Are you sure you have a valid visa obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate ?

It sounds to me as if you might have an extension of stay(it is not a visa) which was obtained from an immigration office.

If you have an extension of stay you will need to obtain a re-entry permit for the trip which will ensure you can return with the current extension expiry date intact..

Edited by sunnyjim5
  • Like 1

Right. Before you leave Thailand, go to your local immigration office for a re-entry permit valid for one return trip to Thailand. Fee 1,000 Baht. Application form TM.8: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm8.pdf. It will keep our current extension of stay alive.

Have a nice trip.

• Like 1