Anti-haze measures up North

webfact

What about all the multi million charcoal street and market food burners. Why are they not being asked to stop to help out. After all they are the biggest cause of continuous air pollution.

I seriously doubt that the total of all charcoal burners in Thailand has, comparatively speaking, any form of real impact on the pollution problem here. And anyway, if you stopped people from using charcoal burners for food preparation, how would they feed themselves and how would they make a living!

Your point above is a perfect example of how many foreigners simply do not understand the nature of the pollution problem in Thailand, neither its cause nor the viability of potential solutions.

I can remember it was already quite ok last year. Around CM I saw in those days nobody burning rice fields. And this year around my place rice is already planted. So no problem.

I like the 60 days ban. But it should be extended up to the whole year round...

Chiang Mai in March 2015 was the worst ever. Air unbreathable.

What about all the multi million charcoal street and market food burners. Why are they not being asked to stop to help out. After all they are the biggest cause of continuous air pollution.

Are people cooking with charcoal worse than exhaust fumes from millions of cars, motorbikes and trucks?

I seriously doubt that the total of all charcoal burners in Thailand has, comparatively speaking, any form of real impact on the pollution problem here. And anyway, if you stopped people from using charcoal burners for food preparation, how would they feed themselves and how would they make a living!

Your point above is a perfect example of how many foreigners simply do not understand the nature of the pollution problem in Thailand, neither its cause nor the viability of potential solutions.

well, if you look into China, here Beijing, they stopped charcoal use because of pollution.

And of course all charcoal users here can swab to gas easily. It has nothing to do with "how would they make a living!"

I can remember it was already quite ok last year. Around CM I saw in those days nobody burning rice fields. And this year around my place rice is already planted. So no problem.

I like the 60 days ban. But it should be extended up to the whole year round...

Chiang Mai in March 2015 was the worst ever. Air unbreathable.

probably you live in the wrong area. In San Kampahaeng we got fresh air

well, if you look into China, here Beijing, they stopped charcoal use because of pollution.

And of course all charcoal users here can swab to gas easily. It has nothing to do with "how would they make a living!"

I lived in China for many years, don't tell me that they've stopped using charcoal, they haven't!

As for switching to gas, perhaps the Chinese government is more generous than the one here.

Edited by metisdead

I lived in China for many years, don't tell me that they've stopped using charcoal, they haven't!

As for switching to gas, perhaps the Chinese government is more generous than the one here.

as you said: I lived in China for many years. That means PAST. This winter they banned charcoal actually in Beijing. Please update yourself....( by the way I lived in Beijing)

and again: there is not any reason to stay with charcoal here in Thailand. Gas is the best solution... It has nothing to do with generosity.

• 4 weeks later...