Retirement extension and foreign marriage certificate

Hi everyone,

My family (being myself, my Dutch wife and our child) is currently on extension of stay based on retirement. My (Dutch) wife is not yet 50, but last year, we both got our first extension of stay based on our Dutch marriage. For that purpose we used a Dutch marriage certificate (translated into English), that we had certified by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Thai embassy in The Hague. So 2 stamps on it.

My question is: for our extension this year (due end of May 2016), can we use the same, already certified, marriage certificate, or do we have to apply for a new certificate (date stamped 2016), and do the whole certification process all over again with that new certificate?

If anyone of you has some advice on this that would be much appreciated.

The certification only needs to be done one time. No need do it again.

I was asking, because in The Netherlands, a marriage certificate (which is in fact an official copy of the original marriage certificate) can only be used for official purposes until 6 months after it has been issued. Thereafter, should you need it again, you have to apply for a new copy, because "you could be divorced in the meantime"... So I was just wondering if the Thai Immigration officers are going to ask the same question if I use the certificate that, in our case, is dated January 2015.