Wiring that makes you want to go aaarrrrgggghhhhh.

thaibeachlovers

I am not sure that in Thailand safety is the most important factor when a house is build.

Safety means more expensive.

When the aircon technician saw my electrical system, he smiled and told me "many expensive, only farang can do!".

They don't think about the risk of electrical shock... and maybe are we sometimes "too" paranoid?..

When it's about safety, I am paranoid.

well, at least the previous occupant was smart enough never to clean that area. rolleyes.gif.

Does some one know how many people are electrocuted by bad wiring in Thaland yearly?

No but the numbers will undoubtedly be shocking.

A whole lot of them,....but it never makes the news, it's not spectacular enough.....?!?!?!....

This one made the news:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/859999-man-dies-urinating-near-electricity-pole-thai-police-say/

well, at least the previous occupant was smart enough never to clean that area. rolleyes.gif.

Does some one know how many people are electrocuted by bad wiring in Thaland yearly?

A whole lot of them,....but it never makes the news, it's not spectacular enough.....?!?!?!....

One did and I am sure it would have looked "spectacular" at night: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1443765461

Just to clarify.

There are many excellent and well trained Thai electricians and electrical engineers.

Unfortunately, they are all employed on major projects and in the O&G industry and earning pots. Few / none are prepared to work for minimum wage wiring domestic.

There are well trained and proficient domestic wiring electricians in Thailand, few are employed by the builders who contract everything out to cut costs.

The electrician I hired to replace the wiring at one of our houses did a first rate job, including megga testing all the circuits and signing off the test reports.

He did the job without the attendant 'prima-donna' attitude that I've come over long years of experience to expect from 'sparkies' back in Farangland.

.. And electrifying and jolting

I would have thought spine tingling

Archived