The guy with the Tin Foil hat!

MaeJoMTB

Anyone else seen this guy,

He's often walking in the road outside the NakornPing Residence, up Huay Keow rd. opposite the Shell petrol station.

It's really large, more like a small umbrella covered in Tin Foil.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it twice this week.

I'm trying to work up the courage to take a photo next time he passes.

They are out there. I struck up a conversation once with a rather sweet old Ameeican lady. I remember thinking she looked like a nice grandmother type. She wore a colorful head scaf. Next time I ran into her she started telling me how "they" got her good this week and she was fighting off the microchips that had been beamed into her. This time I noticed foil under her head scarf........She has been living here for years.

That's interesting, I know of an elderly American gent and he too is having problems, believing that the person in the condo above is sending sonic waves down from the government....he has been here many years too.......

Wait a minute... Do you mean that they aren't?

They are out there. I struck up a conversation once with a rather sweet old Ameeican lady. I remember thinking she looked like a nice grandmother type. She wore a colorful head scaf. Next time I ran into her she started telling me how "they" got her good this week and she was fighting off the microchips that had been beamed into her. This time I noticed foil under her head scarf........She has been living here for years.

Is that our Nancy?

If they are the umbrella type of hats or shades then they are quite practical allowing air circulation around the head whist keeping the sun off. Similar to the cane coolies that are worn by many farmers and their workers. You can also buy silver topped umbrellas for shade . Nothing to do with nutters and everything to do with keeping cool in the sun. Sorry to be a killjoy - some of the replies are funny.

Tell these people they're deluded, that they need to wrap their entire head in tinfoil to keep out the mind control rays. Please post their reaction.

The way to help a delusional person is to try to gain an understanding of their delusion and to work with it, rather than using logic to convince them they're wrong.

It's a negotiation process rather than a debate about the logic of the delusion.

Is he an Asian guy with 2 walking sticks and a breathing mask?

I have seen him and other groups, fully equipped for light mountaineering in middle of town.

Nordic Walking.

Very popular with the older set in Japan. I'd like to try.

post-84769-0-36813400-1455853186_thumb.j

Edited by arunsakda

If you see her again please help her get home, she is my wife.

There's a grain of truth to it though! (And yes I have sabotaged my router in the house to not have wifi!)

google "france bans wifi in schools"

On January 29, 2015, the French National Assembly made history by passing a new national law to reduce exposures to wireless radiation electromagnetic fields.

1. WiFi Banned in Nursery Schools: WIFI and Wireless devices will be banned in “the spaces dedicated to home, to rest and activities of children under 3 years”.
  2. WiFi Minimized in Schools: In schools for children up to 11 years, WIFI routers should be turned off when not in use for pedagogic purposes.
  3. Schools Will be Informed: The board of the school should be informed when new tech equipment is being installed in schools.
  4. Cell Tower Emission Compliance Will Be Verified: A decree will define the limits of emission of equipments for electronic communications or transmission to which the public is exposed. These values can be verified by accredited organisations and results will be made accessible to the public through a National Radiofrequency Agency
    contd..

Royal Navy technician : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z99_SzoXZdY

logging out now before they track this message to my Hang Dong HQ

Tell these people they're deluded, that they need to wrap their entire head in tinfoil to keep out the mind control rays. Please post their reaction.

The way to help a delusional person is to try to gain an understanding of their delusion and to work with it, rather than using logic to convince them they're wrong.

It's a negotiation process rather than a debate about the logic of the delusion.

Perhaps, but the way to keep a delusion from spreading is by making it clear that it is a delusion. There is a political campaign in the US with several delusional candidates who have many supporters buying into the delusions. I think it's important to stop the spread of the madness.

When someone is trying to help a delusional person by working to understand the delusion and negotiating within the universe of the delusional person, they themselves fully understand that what that person is experiencing is a delusion. They don't become convinced that it's the truth. They just pretend to the delusional person that they are accepting it as truth in an effort to get the delusional person to change their actions.

What is happening in with the U.S. political scene now is entirely different. There are several candidates spreading misinformation (some would call that lying) and portions of the American public are believing (or want to believe) their misinformation. In this situation, it is entirely appropriate to correct and even challenge the misinformation.

That's a skill that anyone who is living in Chiang Mai needs to have.

When someone is trying to help a delusional person by working to understand the delusion and negotiating within the universe of the delusional person, they themselves fully understand that what that person is experiencing is a delusion. They don't become convinced that it's the truth. They just pretend to the delusional person that they are accepting it as truth in an effort to get the delusional person to change their actions.

What is happening in with the U.S. political scene now is entirely different. There are several candidates spreading misinformation (some would call that lying) and portions of the American public are believing (or want to believe) their misinformation. In this situation, it is entirely appropriate to correct and even challenge the misinformation.

I know this is getting off topic, but where is the dividing line between willful ignorance and delusion? Which of the following is delusional and which is willful ignorance:

Believing Obama was born in Kenya?

Believing the moon landing was fake?

Believing the immunizations cause autism?

Believing extra-terrestrials have visited earth?

Believing a wall on the border with Mexico will make the US a better place and will be paid for by Mexico?

Believing the Holocaust didn't happen?

Believing powered rhinoceros horn will increase virility?

Believing the exciting results implied but never explicitly promised by expensive "nutritional supplements"?

Believing background levels of microwave radiation can affect thoughts?

I could go on but you get the picture. I agree that an obviously over the line raving street person needs professional help, but I think a great many of the conspiracy theory crowd are mentally lazy--they want to "believe" they are informed but don't want to gather credible facts and subject the information to rational analysis. That requires thought, and thinking is too hard for some people. I have limited tolerance for these people.

PS: I'm not going to argue the merits of any of the above beliefs with anyone who doesn't provide credible sources in support of their claims. Also I won't try to disprove a non-entity--Bigfoot, space aliens, the Loch Ness monster, etc. A giant invisible rabbit named Harvey told me that is impossible.

Edited by heybruce

I know this is getting off topic, but where is the dividing line between willful ignorance and delusion? Which of the following is delusional and which is willful ignorance:

Snip....

Snip...

Well, its not willful ignorance, so I must be delusional on this one!

Snip....

Snip...

Well, its not willful ignorance, so I must be delusional on this one!

Moon landing AND autism AND aliens for me ....... triple delusion!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

If I was to buy you a real nice Green Bay Packer hat would you consider wearing it?

I would be more than happy to trade one to you.rolleyes.gif

I suppose JFK also needed a tinfoil hat. Anyone who has not listened to this... well, just listen.

Doug

"Listen to this incredible audio recording of a speech made by JFK before the American Newspaper Publishers Association where he warns the press about the secret societies that are the real power in global affairs."