Looking for house to rent in Pattaya - long term

tropo

I'm looking for a nicely furnished house in Pattaya. My budget is around 25,000 per month, but I will go higher if the place is enticing enough. I'm flexible on location and open to any area north, central or south Pattaya, Jomtien or Naklua, but not too far east of Sukhumvit - say about 2km maximum. I only have motorcycle transport, so closer to Central Pattaya is better.

I'm a long term renter and have lived here for 10 years in two places, 5 years each, both in the Pratunmak Hill area.

Here are my requirements:

1. A big European style kitchen with a big refrigerator and plenty of cupboard and benchtop space. I do a lot of cooking.

2. Living room and all bedrooms must be air conditioned.

3. Lots of wardrobe space, king size beds (in at least 2 rooms) and ceiling fans. No bed required in the 3rd or 4th rooms.

4. 3 bedrooms or more. Living space should be at least 150 m2. I'm currently living in 200 m2, so I don't want to downsize too much.

5. At least 2 bathrooms. A bathtub/jacuzzi would be nice.

6. A detached house - not a townhouse - neighbours not too close.

7. Privacy and good security.

8. Flat screen TVs.

9. Modern new or newish furniture.

10. Washing machine - preference for top-loader.

11. Fly screens and block out curtains in the master bedroom as I sleep late.

12. Must be able to have my CAT fiber-optic Internet installed. This is most important. If CAT fiber optic is not available, I can't rent it.

There's probably a few other things that I can't think of right now. smile.png ... but you get the picture - I'm fussy and I hope the owner is too.

I would like a pro-active landlord who appreciates a good, long term tenant who really looks after a place - a landlord who fixes stuff that requires repair or maintenance and one I can get hold of if I need him/her. If I'm there for 5 years, the place will look as good as it did when I arrived. We will treat the place like our own. We're a married foreign couple with no children, and it's going to stay that way.

Good English communication is important as neither of us speak Thai. My previous landlords were from the UK, so I've never had a Thai landlord. I don't know if I'd like a Thai landlord, but I'm not ruling it out. (I'd appreciate some informed opinions on this please). I don't want to have to fight to get my bond back at the end of the lease period, as I've heard this is quite common here, although I've been lucky so far.

If you're an agent, please PM me as they might delete your post here. I'm quite happy to hear from agents and owners. I need to get into a new place sometime over the next month or so.

Maybe this is something that you maybe interested in

Apart from not knowing about the CAT fibre optic we can tick all of your requirements off

https://www.facebook.com/groups/644742075546791/permalink/1095872020433792/

Please PM me if you are interested can send more photos if required. We are owners

Edit maybe a bit too far away from the bright side on re reading your post its about 3K from the railway road byepass

A friend has a nice house for rent here:

Pattaya Country Club Villa. Soi 89 across from Waterworld and Makro, close to Sukhumvut.. Easy access to town..Just after the Railway Tracks..

16,000B and has all the amenities you are looking for. Normally rents for much more, but things seem to be a bit slow now.

post-5869-0-44687700-1455946551_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience the best way to find a house to rent in a location you desire, is to drive EVERY soi in the area and make phone calls. That's how I found my current townhouse (2 bedrm, 3 bath, kitchen, furnished and with AirCon) for 13,000 baht. Along South Pattaya Road, drive into Soi 10, 10/1, 12 areas. I see several fully furnished houses (with swimming pools) for 20-25,000 baht.

In my experience the best way to find a house to rent in a location you desire, is to drive EVERY soi in the area and make phone calls. That's how I found my current townhouse (2 bedrm, 3 bath, kitchen, furnished and with AirCon) for 13,000 baht. Along South Pattaya Road, drive into Soi 10, 10/1, 12 areas. I see several fully furnished houses (with swimming pools) for 20-25,000 baht.

You're right. I found my current rental that way too. I know the area you're talking about - I'll pop down there and have a look.thumbsup.gif

Looking for something similar, but if anyway possible within a 3-5km radius of LK Metro area. Open plan, modern. Pool a must. Very clean and responsible, non-smoker, non-party guy. Can go to 30K./mth. or possible purchase if suitable object.

Also in the market - TO BUY - for one of these commercial areas / offices / gyms or meeting halls in the older condo buildings for re-model to large condo. OOr anything out of the norm, that allows me to create a unique place for my last years. Min. 120-150 sqm. Same location, but incl. the Hill. Sample here: http://www.bizhouseproperty.com/showdetail.php?id=BUS5004

Worst case, if can't find Central, I would consider from Jomtien to Naklua, if near beach. Sure there are some great minds with great ideas out there in the TV community. Thanks for any feedback. MS>

Naklua Soi 12 (on the way to the sanctuary of truth) is a great place to look….I visited a mate who lived in a gated community…..great house…massive living area below, 3 rooms above….modern look too. He told me he was playing less than 20K.

• 5 months later...
On 09/03/2016 at 11:56 AM, JHolmesJr said:

Naklua Soi 12 (on the way to the sanctuary of truth) is a great place to look….I visited a mate who lived in a gated community…..great house…massive living area below, 3 rooms above….modern look too. He told me he was playing less than 20K.

Is your friend the ex mayor? ;)

Archived