New doc. required for vehicle transfer..from immi ?

Hope I'm in the correct area.

Trying to transfer my fully legit 2 year old m/cycle to a friend

Went with all the documentation I have, Copies, countersignatures, green book, all docs since the bike was bought.

Not Enough, need a letter from immi with my passport photo. Supposedly provided by immi,.purporting what I am unsure.

I have been on retirement for 15 years unbroken without any issues. so far.

I have searched for more info unsuccessfully.

Can anyone explain please what this form might be. ?

Travelling is difficult for me now, so if and when I make this journey I do not want it yo be a futile one.

Thanks and Regards

Rofbbie

Hum this is really weird.

Usually you don't need a certificate of residency to sell a bike / car, however and of course you always need one to BUY one.

I've done this several times, never had any issue by selling / registering to the new owner a bike without having to provide a certificate a residency ....

Something's new there or maybe the officer didn't had his lunch yet !?

Edited by Pepper9187

I just bought a used scooter. The owner (Thai) needed residency certificate (Blue book). I also needed residency cert to buy it. So I'd say yes, it's a requirement

Well i just sold my MSX and registered it without a certificate of residency or work permit, just gave a copy of my passport and copy of the thai driving license (normally not really needed, but the more = the better).

Maybe because there's my Thai address on my passport, but some friends also sold their bikes w/o a certificate, were you wearing flip flop and short pants + visible tattoos when you were there :D !?

• 8 months later...

Just bumping this thread to see if in fact a residency certificate is required to sell a motorbike currently mid-November 2016.

I know you need a residency cert. to buy one and get it in your name.

So far I have :-

2x bill of sale A4 paper that my gf said Thai people use in this situation (1 for me/1 for buyer),

signed passport scan and visa/visa extension pages all signed,

have green book in my name, living at  same address as purchase stamp in green book,

signed driving license scan - all photocopies signed twice top and bottom.

I'm in Chiang Mai currently on the tail-end of a single-entry tourist visa extension (1 week left on that) if that matters

Edited by freedomnow

I needed a resi certificate when I sold my bike in Samui a month ago.

To apply:

Copy passport, two photos,  plus I took copy of house paper to prove address. they need some form of proof to enter on the certificate, so I thought house paper is the one..

There may be a fee. Here THB 500, and you are given two copies. They are valid for three weeks.

Took about an hour to produce.

HTH