Two early morning deaths of foreigners reported to Phuket police

webfact

Two early morning deaths of foreigners reported to Phuket police
Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- Phuket police responded to two separate incidents where foreigners had died yesterday morning (Feb 18), a Myanmar migrant worker at a laundry in Rassada and a British man who died at Phuket International Hospital.

The first death was reported to Lt Suchart Meelampong of Phuket City Police at around 1am this morning. He was told that a Myanmar migrant worker had been found dead at the Phuket Laundry Co Ltd in Soi Bang Chee Lao in Rassada.

Police arrived at the facility and led to the body of 37-year-old Than Tun Chon who was lying lifeless on the floor with serious head and facial injuries. Slash wounds were found on the left side of his head, left ear, chin and the right index finger.

“We are not sure what happened to him. No one heard or saw anything and his body was discovered by a co worker. We are gathering information and questioning other migrant workers employed here before concluding our investigation,” he said.

Meanwhile, Lt Akkarach Chatiphai of Vichit Police were advised by staff at Phuket International Hospital (PIH) that a 37-year-old man British man had died there.

He arrived at the hospital at 8:30am and carried out an examination of the deceased (name withheld until his family have been notified ).

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-early-morning-deaths-of-foreigners-reported-to-phuket-police-56284.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-19

I get the impression that foreign deaths are on the increase. Just about every day the Phuket papers are reporting some sort of drowning or road accident or home/hotel death.

At the current rate the tourist death number reported for the whole of Thailand last year will be beaten by the provinces of Phuket, Phang Nga and Krabi alone (irrespective of whether this particular Brit is a tourist or an expat).

No immigration will state that no tourists will be allowed to die during the low season that will slow it down to a yearly total of about 55 (got to keep the lucky number target)

I must says seriously: Deep respect and love to all family members who have lost loved ones here it is the last thing anyone wants to go thro

I get the impression that foreign deaths are on the increase. Just about every day the Phuket papers are reporting some sort of drowning or road accident or home/hotel death.

"I get the impression that foreign deaths are on the increase." - up 54%.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/894593-thai-officials-investigate-a-54-increase-in-foreign-tourists-deaths/

"I get the impression that foreign deaths are on the increase." - up 54%.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/894593-thai-officials-investigate-a-54-increase-in-foreign-tourists-deaths/

And that's just the increase in 2015 over 2014. Seems like it's continuing to significantly increase further this year though we probably will see a slowdown during low season.

As areas get pretty crowded, accident numbers will climb. Maybe the 50% is to a big part the added influx of chinese?

No immigration will state that no tourists will be allowed to die during the low season that will slow it down to a yearly total of about 55 (got to keep the lucky number target)

I must says seriously: Deep respect and love to all family members who have lost loved ones here it is the last thing anyone wants to go thro

After making the first stupid comment; I doubt that the families, care about your second comment ! Too little Too late !

Years ago, I heard that Phuket AVERAGED 4 motorbike deaths per day.
Now, I've heard that the newspapers/media are only allowed to post one of them.
I've already seen bodies lying on the road, and searched for news the next day, finding none.

I guess only a news editor would know this for sure.

Or the police.

Police arrived at the facility and led to the body of 37-year-old Than Tun Chon who was lying lifeless on the floor with serious head and facial injuries. Slash wounds were found on the left side of his head, left ear, chin and the right index finger.

“We are not sure what happened to him."

I can help....................suicide, definitely!

I've already seen bodies lying on the road, and searched for news the next day, finding none.

Or the police.

I can't say if it's more like 4 deaths per day, which would mean 120 per month compared with the reported statistics of more like 25 - 30 here on Phuket. But I do question whether deaths at private hospitals are recorded. Thought I read somewhere that only deaths at the government hospitals are recorded ??

A total of 83 deaths last year which was an increase of 54% On 2014. This year has already seen that figure smashed and a few thousand isn't out of reach.

Where did you pluck those figures from, Chook?

A few thousand expat and tourist deaths on Phuket this year is about as likely as the Saints making the finals.

Or the police.

I can't say if it's more like 4 deaths per day, which would mean 120 per month compared with the reported statistics of more like 25 - 30 here on Phuket. But I do question whether deaths at private hospitals are recorded. Thought I read somewhere that only deaths at the government hospitals are recorded ??

Off topic.

This thread is about foreigners dying on Phuket, not general road death statistics.

After making the first stupid comment; I doubt that the families, care about your second comment ! Too little Too late !

Gee, Bark, aren't you the delicate little flower. There were no personal references made, nothing derogatory toward any deceased; just a satirical remark about the pitiful situation in which we find ourselves.

Or the police.

Off topic.

This thread is about foreigners dying on Phuket, not general road death statistics.

Sure, but most foreigners dying on Phuket are dying on the roads here.

I wouldn't think it off topic discussing the cause of death/s, especially since the OP does not give a possible cause of death for the Brit.

Edited by NamKangMan

R.I.P. to both men, the Myanmar brutally murdered or of suicide, the other, a brit, died of a heart attack at the age of 37.

I have heard of people suffering a stroke, people who use a lot of recreational drugs, like cocaine but I have NEVER heard about anyone dying from a heart attack under the age of 40.

<snip>

I have heard of people suffering a stroke, people who use a lot of recreational drugs, like cocaine but I have NEVER heard about anyone dying from a heart attack under the age of 40.

Statistically data shows that folks uunder 40 do die from heart attack.

I well remember a student when I was at high school died of a heart attack aged just 18. It was quite a shock to all of us at the time.

<snip>

Statistically data shows that folks uunder 40 do die from heart attack.

I well remember a student when I was at high school died of a heart attack aged just 18. It was quite a shock to all of us at the time.

I believe you, I would also be shocked if I would have heard about anyone I know, knew would have died of a heart attack at 18, I'm sure it exist but it can't be many per 1 000 000 persons.

if under 55, It must be due to an underlying cause, a blood disease, previous physical trauma, diabetes, extreme overweight and stuff like that.

Nowadays, the person with risk of a heart attack mostly knows it beforehand and can get blood thinners, anti blood clotting medication (aspirin) and such.

but I have NEVER heard about anyone dying from a heart attack under the age of 40.----Kamalarider

10% of all heart attacks occur before age 45, and most of these strike men. It’s a reminder that men should not ignore warning symptoms just because they are “too young” to have heart disease.------Harvard Health publications

-------------------------

Now, I've heard that the newspapers/media are only allowed to post one of them.----fiddlehead

I wonder how they all get together & pick the 1 out of the 4---I wish I could hear from the same people you hear from fiddlehead.......but maybe the voices you hear telling you these things --are just inside your own head.

-----------------------------

But I do question whether deaths at private hospitals are recorded. Thought I read somewhere that only deaths at the government hospitals are recorded ??---LivinginKata

No of course there not recorded LivinginKata.......they don't tell anyone--its a big secret ....every Private hospital has a record of no one ever dieing there.........while at night when everyone is asleep, the bodies are taken out back to a big hole that has been dug for them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday is a non Alcohol day..........does anyone feel that the postings might improve then then ??....................................coffee1.gif

Edited by oxo1947

Or the police.

Another thing to skew the terrible road fatality statistics here is they only count those who die at the scene, not those who die in hospital shortly after.

So, someone is involved in a serious motor vehicle accident, and sustains life threatening injuries, and is taken to hospital, where they later die, this is not counted as a road fatality.

Who knows what they put on the report as to the cause of death, but as long as it's not "motor vehicle accident" the officials are happy.

One can only imagine the REAL road fatality statistics here, if all road deaths were properly recorded and reported.

It could very well be 4 a day, averaged.

Edited by NamKangMan