Chinese-owned brand Volvo is recalling 59,000 cars

rooster59

Chinese-owned brand Volvo is recalling 59,000 cars

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — Sweden's Volvo Cars says it is recalling 59,000 cars in 40 markets because of faulty software that can briefly shut down the engine and electric system while driving.

Group spokesman Stefan Elfstrom says the recall affects only five-cylinder diesel models from its 60 and 70 series built from mid-2015.

Elfstrom told The Associated Press Saturday that the glitch can be "unpleasant" but the company has no information about any accidents caused as a result. Both the engine and electric system start up again immediately.

He said the cars have been sold in chiefly Sweden, Britain and Germany. Owners will be asked by letter to contact their local dealership for a no-charge fix.

Chinese company Geely Holding bought the Volvo brand in 2010.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-01-21

And I have a rich friend, former BMW owner, that bought exactly that model Volvo last year saying that he NEVER will buy a JAPANESE or AMERICAN car...only GERMAN!

Paid close to 3 million THB for a CHINESE!

People paid a lot more for an INDIAN (Jaguar & Land Rover)!

And I have a rich friend, former BMW owner, that bought exactly that model Volvo last year saying that he NEVER will buy a JAPANESE or AMERICAN car...only GERMAN!

Paid close to 3 million THB for a CHINESE!

People paid a lot more for an INDIAN (Jaguar & Land Rover)!

I like the new Jags and Range Rovers have always been cool. Land Rovers are awful though. Do they make the F-Tyoes in India? Wasn't aware.

Sorry for interrupting the blogs, I am an early bird...... but if the Swedes had done a decent job, WE would still have the production of some of the best cars ever made. Now the CHINESE are in power, and we cn just look and complain. Useless,,,,,,,, God bless our country, and Saab, Ikea, Ericsson ABB etc. and all the other beautiful things we have created, now not so Swedish anymore.....

Volvo's new owner Geeley Motors in China produces the cheap junk Geeley car which owners of Toyota and GM laugh off the road. Ford also BMW owners too have a riotous laugh when they find out someone they know owns a low price Geeley junk platform on four wheels. The technology is going from Geeley to Volvo instead of vice-versa. Geeley cars in China have not improved by even one bolt since they bought Volvo. Volvo now is shutting down while it's in forward motion on the road.

Volvo's new owner Geeley Motors in China produces the cheap junk Geeley car which owners of Toyota and GM laugh off the road. Ford also BMW owners too have a riotous laugh when they find out someone they know owns a low price Geeley junk platform on four wheels. The technology is going from Geeley to Volvo instead of vice-versa. Geeley cars in China have not improved by even one bolt since they bought Volvo. Volvo now is shutting down while it's in forward motion on the road.

Strange then quality conscious Toyota would have the biggest recall in automobile industry and not Geely

Looking at the way some Thai Drivers drive , I'm not sure even a Volvo would have helped

Strange then quality conscious Toyota would have the biggest recall in automobile industry and not Geely

Looking at the way some Thai Drivers drive , I'm not sure even a Volvo would have helped

Junk cars and crazy drivers don't mix.

Death rate per 100,000 cars by country (selected)

CCP China 104

Japan 6

Sweden 4

USA 12

Thailand 74

Many moons ago as a passenger in a weather stopped Volvo that got rear end bashed by another car sliding on snow in the northern USA I lived to tell the tale. I wuz not unscathed but emerged unbroken. While the trunk of the Volvo had been turned into an accordion the cab remained completely unaffected. Felt only the force of the impact but it had no penetration or effect on the cab. Not a bend or a bulge or a wrinkle showed up on the cab interior.

Before buying Volvo in 2010, Geeley got zero stars in the NCAP crash test (since 1986!). After acquiring Volvo Geeley got 4/5 stars. Now it's all the other CCP made cars that kill inside of 'em and outside of 'em and all around 'em.

Speaking of Toyota, it sued Geeley because Geeley implied in ads some of its parts were made in Japan instead of being cheap junk made in CCP China, and because the Geeley logo looked remarkably like the Toyota logo. However, there's no mistaking the two brands of automobile, as the Geeley still can be identified not by seeing it but, rather, by spotting the little cloud of black smoke moving past on the road. Installing a periscope in it with a flashing red light on top might help in this respect.

P.S.: Thailand's death rate on two wheeled vehicles is a whopper, exceeded recently by only Vietnam.

Edited by Publicus