“Zombie” Russians cause havoc at Jomtien Beach Restaurant

rooster59

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad.png

I do so wish these Russians would stay in their country as they are a complete menace to society.

Miserable, Rude, Ill Mannered and Violent especially when Paralytic from Booze which is their normal state of being.

Lol, from an English man!! - priceless!!

Lighten up. It's a few 20 somethings having harmless fun. One of you negative grumps should go by this restaurant next week some night and there will be the same amount of customers as the night this happened which was a few. They didn't even do that great of an acting job either and they didn't seem drunk like the morons from the country I won't even bother to mention seem to be always when they act out in Thailand. You really think a lot of people will ever know about this prank? Very few.

According to staff at the Restaurant one of the Russians, aged in his Twenties, ate a meal and then paid his bill.

He was then seen to pass-out and was approached by a member of staff. The Russian was then seen to wake-up and acted like a “Zombie” according to staff.

Gosh, back in my youth we would never pay the bill doing a stunt like this! biggrin.png

So TV's, tonight, you are all invited to the Surf Kitchen Restaurant to see Return of the Bill Paying Zombie 2

To assist the aged and cognizance challenged, the ®AFTA (apologies to BAFTA) award nominees will be sporting florescent shirts and toting their blonde bombshell girlfriends with as much tit as arse hangin' out of their trunks !!

What would Thailand be without such quality tourists?

My fore-fathers were Ukrainian...and were very pleasant vegetarian purist...non violent and had the opportunity to settle in Saskatchewan Canada.

Canadians like US people are different...same could be said with Russian folk... a division of ethnic and culture.

My encounter with Russians here in Pattaya.. how "Rude" ...for instance...at check out at "Best Supermarket"...the Russian speaking in his language..forced me to step backwards into the cue as he entered the exit side of check out and demeaned check-out service...ok let him go first then.

Top less white skinned tourist walk the street...again spotting the features of Russians. I was told to be Rude in Russia is common as not to let others know you offend the upper class..."apparently the practice is common"...while joking is common...an addition with the "Zombies Russian prank".

That is some insight of Russian culture to educate others whom take offense of their statue as visitors here in Thailand.

Love it! But the Thai's overactive imagination would think it's for real......

If you were the restaurant owner would you be concerned or would you think it's just a joke?

Would some of your customers leave quickly and never come back and tell their friends to avoid this 'dangerous' restaurant?

If you had small kids would you be back quickly?

If you were the restaurant owner is that all OK?

Answers to your questions:

#1 I would have known it was a joke

# 2. Absolutely not they would tell them it was interesting

# 3 yes kids love zombies ( unless they are boring)

#4 yes it will not hurt business and could help it.

If you were the restaurant owner would you be concerned or would you think it's just a joke?

Would some of your customers leave quickly and never come back and tell their friends to avoid this 'dangerous' restaurant?

The Thai are a people that are strongly superstitious, so YES ... it will hurt this guy's business for sure. You clearly are not Thai, nor do you seem to know too much about them judging your response.

The fact they were Russian has nothing to do with the issue. their prank may have frightened Thais and cost business. It is called malicious behavior and they would be arrested in most countries. The owner should file a complaint and ask for compensation. Most people can take a joke- but this is not funny as it affects a business. Had it been my business-they would not have had the wherewithal to leave. The prank in New Zealand affected no one personally. These idiots were in a private business and they need to be taught a lesson. One day they will pull this on the wrong person and they will then find out how much fun it is but I bet they won't be laughing.

Sorry, but I have a little different take on "these Ruskies". Sure I satirized their boorish behavior in my Russian Walking Dead video I did on my you tube channel. In my condo where I'm chairman, I must say that we have fewer problems with Russians as a group than we do with any other national group. Guess we are lucky with the Russians we have. I agree that many Russians appear unfriendly. But I have met a lot of utterly charming Russians. I get to deal with them a lot, both here at my condo and while exercising at the fitness center. Here I met a tall very affable German, who told me he never goes with Thai women. Only Russian women. So one day I ran across him walking down the street with his Russian girlfriend and I picked them up in my car. They had time to spare and so did I so I took them back to my condo to show them around, and guess what does Anna do, right after walking into my living room? She walks straight to my bookcase where she finds several books about Russian leaders such as Peter the Great, Lenin, and Stalin, and she comments to me, "These books are all written by American writers. You should read the ones written by Russian."

What Anna was saying is "we judge Russians by our own lenses that have been oftentimes been warped by our own prejudices and propaganda". But let me ask everyone---how many Thai women peruse a man's book collection as soon as they walk into a man's condo, the way Anna did?" Think about it--these people produced writers such as Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Pushkin, Lermontov, Solzhenitsyn, Gogol, and Turgenev, and classical composers such as Rachmaninoff, Rimsky Korsakov, Tchaikovsky, and Stravinsky.

The Thai are a people that are strongly superstitious, so YES ... it will hurt this guy's business for sure. You clearly are not Thai, nor do you seem to know too much about them judging your response.
There were very few if any Thai customers. Just Thai staff. It was at 10:14pm on a Thursday night. It lasted less than 90 seconds. There was nothing for anyone to be superstitious about in the video. Any Thai would think he was just drunk not a zombie. No future business will be lost. It happened in Jomtien beach at a tourist type restaurant. Business will be the same next Thursday night at 10:14pm. New tourists will be here the ones n the video will be back in Europe or in Phuket. You are really reading waaaay to deep into this. Edited by alex8912

It does not matter how many customers were there or how many Thai staff. What they did was wrong. This was a private business not a public area. Had it been a public street and they did not touch or bother anyone- I might give it a pass.They were way out of bounds. If you find it funny- up to you- but most reasonable people who are schooled in right and wrong behavior find it offensive.

The owner of the Surf Bakery, a very good friend of mine, has good connections with the Pattaya Mayor and all the local governors, having served on the council previously. He is/was also the coach of the Thai Windsurfing Team based at Jomtien.

As such, he has many people he can call upon to find these Russian gangsters and mete out "appropriate" justice. The police, based just a couple hundred metres away, clearly did not want to know!

Gangsters? Lol

Yes , high ranking officials are usually good friends with foreigners .

Now back to real world

Who said the owner was a foreigner.Those of us who have been here longer than 5minutes and can speak the local lingo,get around and meet all sorts of people,so high govt.officals.When you live out where I live Thais are the only people I meet.

This is just not funny,

far too much of it going on, people wanting their 5 seconds of fame, knowing these sort of antics will end up on you tube & be viewed by thousands.

It's like the Arab with the ruck sack, funny as <deleted>, whilst watching it, but wrong in so many ways.

As someone pointed out in an earlier post, not good for the restaurant owner.

You learn something new every day, Russians with a sense of humour, what ever next LOL

The owner of the Surf Bakery, a very good friend of mine, has good connections with the Pattaya Mayor and all the local governors, having served on the council previously. He is/was also the coach of the Thai Windsurfing Team based at Jomtien.

As such, he has many people he can call upon to find these Russian gangsters and mete out "appropriate" justice. The police, based just a couple hundred metres away, clearly did not want to know!

Wow, aren't you the big, connected man, then? How's your mates' search going for these "gangsters"? Oh, to be "a very good friend" of the Thai windsurfing team's ex-coach.

"The police, based just a couple hundred metres away, clearly did not want to know!"

Were the police called in anticipation of this non-incident happening?

Gangsters? Lol

Yes , high ranking officials are usually good friends with foreigners .

Now back to real world

Who said the owner was a foreigner.Those of us who have been here longer than 5minutes and can speak the local lingo,get around and meet all sorts of people,so high govt.officals.When you live out where I live Thais are the only people I meet.

cheesy.gif Yes, local lingo and no doubt fluently.giggle.gif