“Zombie” Russians cause havoc at Jomtien Beach Restaurant

rooster59

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody Ruskie nutters. Anywhere else in the sane world they would have been charged with affray, or being a public nuisance. Anywhere else in the sane world the proprietor of the restaurant would have demanded action against these idiots for loss of business, and had the right to do so.

The fall of the Ruble ? Please hurry.

Have you never seen a prank TV show? These things do go on in other parts of the world, and guess what, they do not get charged with affray and they do not get sued, do you know why? It's because most people can see the funny side of comedy. Never mind mate.

Russians, not only do they contribute little to the Thai economy but now they seem intent on ruining the business of people who do.

They would not have tried this stunt in a Russian owned business.

Only a couple billion dollars of trade, about 0.5% of the total Thai economy, and that's before the half a million tourists even start spending. How much does your country contribute?

Russians would not have tried this stunt in Russia? Now you are just being silly, there are similar Russian pranksters with over 1 billion Youtube hits.

Apparently some Russians have a sense of humor. Who knew?

No, your wrong.

They are miserable all day and night.

Just look at them in the 7/11.

Anything like a smile, No way,

10,000 frowns a day, keeps happiness away. saai.gif

Agreed, but frankly the gloomy face syndrom is not specifically Russian around here.

I live in a condominium in the heart of Jomtien, with a few Russians (much less than 3/4 years ago) in it, and mostly people from Northern Europe (UK, Germany, Holland and Scandinavia).

Well ... with very few exceptions, and no matter whether they're expats or tourists, they never say hello in the elevator, they never smile, they behave like uneducated moujiks, and if they look at you in the eye, it's with a touch of vindictiveness : "what the hell are you doing on my turf ?".

The only places where I see them smiling is in bars. Thank you Dr Beer.

Love it! But the Thai's overactive imagination would think it's for real......

Messed up business for the night. Breach of the peace. Scum!

Come on......it's a prank only. If the business owner was smart he could use it as a marketing stunt. Take a few pictures, YouTube visibility and bring in more customers.

If life gives you lemons.....make lemonade.

You guys are way........too serious.

I've met quite a few Russians lately who do have a sense of humor and who are actually pretty cool. My guess is some of them saw my movie on You Tube, "The Walking Russian Dead of Pattaya", had a sense of humor and ran with it. Look the movie up on You Tube and tell me what you think.

Edited by jackcorbett

What would Thailand be without such quality tourists?

Broke and never updating the furniture in the place. But, they paid their bill. But, I still love Thai's during Bruce Lee on tourist with machetes and university problems, local music fest (rival villages), No blood shed, unlike when the Thai's are involved. Oh! yea, sorry prior post police subject tourist to piss test. Here's a novel idea take those 100 police in riot gear and BLOCK all bus stations and in time taxi stands and test them. My country does this on us not TOURIST, sorry.

Lucky the Zombies didnt get a spike or a bit of cold steel thru the heart ! Then again mmm

In the heart? You're not gonna last very long when world war z happens, newb

The owner of the Surf Bakery, a very good friend of mine, has good connections with the Pattaya Mayor and all the local governors, having served on the council previously. He is/was also the coach of the Thai Windsurfing Team based at Jomtien.

As such, he has many people he can call upon to find these Russian gangsters and mete out "appropriate" justice. The police, based just a couple hundred metres away, clearly did not want to know!

Gangsters? Lol

Yes , high ranking officials are usually good friends with foreigners .

Now back to real world

Agree, But we have some who think the real world entails getting ready for "when World War Z happens". Now these people really do scare me.

Think I'll go and watch "Shaun of the Dead" !!??!!??

Which is the funniest part here, the Russians playing around (should have saved it for April fools day) or the child-like reaction of the Thais who clearly believe in zombies, bogey men, ghosts and spaghetti monsters? That's the level of intellect and mentality you're dealing with here folks.

Had this been my business- I would have intervened in a way the perpetrators may not have expected and they would never try this stuff again. A crime was committed- people lost belongings and the restaurant lost business. they should have been arrested immediately and ordered to pay compensation. This is not funny in any way as it affects the lives of others directly.

Simply a bunch of ignorant and selfish foreigners- no wonder Thais are so suspicious of foreigners.

The owner of the Surf Bakery, a very good friend of mine, has good connections with the Pattaya Mayor and all the local governors, having served on the council previously. He is/was also the coach of the Thai Windsurfing Team based at Jomtien.

As such, he has many people he can call upon to find these Russian gangsters and mete out "appropriate" justice. The police, based just a couple hundred metres away, clearly did not want to know!

Who said anything bout them being gangsters or so called mafia?

They look an acted just like 3 low quality Russian tourists.

Edited by Sooo Upto Me

If you were the restaurant owner would you be concerned or would you think it's just a joke?

Would some of your customers leave quickly and never come back and tell their friends to avoid this 'dangerous' restaurant?

If you had small kids would you be back quickly?

If you were the restaurant owner is that all OK?

google "krokodil" .........................could be the answer ?

or

​you have just been exposed to russian humour .........way more funny than the western cretin that was putting his back pack next to people yelling "ali aka"

I found the terrorist prank funnier. For everyone who didn't see it;

If you were the restaurant owner would you be concerned or would you think it's just a joke?

Would some of your customers leave quickly and never come back and tell their friends to avoid this 'dangerous' restaurant?

If you had small kids would you be back quickly?

If you were the restaurant owner is that all OK?

One could even make this work to ones advantage.. with some advertising. Now would you believe that zombies rose in that restaurant and avoid it.. (I think your bright enough not too) Others would not either.. with the media coverage they might even get extra clients.