400,000 Baht Being In A Thai Bank At Least 3 Months Before

Has any one been to re-new their Non '' O '' Visa One year extensions ...married to a Thai support.... ( over the age of 50 )

and can confirm if they were asked about the 400,000 Baht being in a Thai Bank at least 3 Months before their application , and were also told they had to keep a Bank balance of 400,000 Baht for 3 Months after the date of the application approval..?

I will be applying in Two Weeks time , but the 400,000 Baht has not been in my Thai bank account for the past 3 months ,

its only just arrived from my home Bank into my Thai bank, will I have a problem ..? for not having the 400,000 Baht

in my Thai bank for the past 3 Months...? . Ive been extending my married to a Thai support visa with 400,000 Baht

in the Thai Bank on the day of my application for 3 Years now ( with confirming Bank letter ) and living off the bank balance ,

Razor ............

List of Documents for Non-Immigration Visa type O

at the EMBASSY / CONSULATE

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

Remark : Please Bring all Originals and copies

List of Documents for Marriage Visa (Extension of stay based on marriage)

You will need the following:

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

4. Statement of guarantee of pension income from your Embassy that you have an income of at least Baht 40,000 per month or letter of guarantee from a foreign employer, that you are a employee, salary, position, years worked or proof of this Thai income by you or your wife with the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March)

5.Copy of birth certificates of children. (if any)

6.Photo of place of residence. (show house’s number)

7.Map and telephone’s number of place of residence.

8.If working, a letter of guarantee from your employer. A copy of work permit as well if working in Thailand.

9. Photos of your wife clothes and your clothes in the same closet, picture of your wife and you sitting on a living room sofa and pictures of the wedding. (This is not required if you have a birth certificate of children together.)

10. Application form TM 7 with 2x2 inch square photo’s attached.

11. A valid passport

12.If married overseas, the marriage certificate must be certified at the local Embassy of the country where the marriage took place, and it must be translated and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This must then by certified by the District Office where the Thai spouse has their household registration.

13. If granted the extension of stay prior to 1st Oct 2006, the applicant can use the option of 400,000 Baht in the bank.

If you currently have had an extension of stay for support Thai wife and the account looks as if it is being used for support do not believe you will have any problem. If it does not look too good suspect you will be told to have the money "next time" but if it stays above the 400k during review that you will probably get the extension of stay.

If this is a first time application you must use 40k monthly family income.

Thnak you for the advice, guy's .. it would be great to hear from some one who has just gone through this type of extension application , and if they had any problems..? with the 400,000 Baht in the Bank thing.

is there any one out there who's just done this type of extension application ...?

lopburi3 ..you say ..( If this is a first time application you must use 40k monthly family income.) I had just got in my mind this only applied to some one under 50 years of age ..? and not to some one like me , over 50 ( and can apply for the retirement visa ) ..?

Thank you .........Razor

If I get a married visa but cant show that income coming in to a Thai bank - can i just renew the visa by leaving the country every 90 days?

And how much does that cost?

You cannot renew a “married visa”, i.e. a non-immigrant O visa to visit your Thai wife.

You can

– either apply for an annual extension of stay at any immigration office in Thailand if you meet the requirement of an average monthly income of 40,000 Baht earned either by yourself, by your wife, or a combination of both. If your income is earned abroad, all you need is a letter of confirmation from your embassy regarding your income. Remittance of some funds from your foreign account into your Thai account is obviously expected, but it does not have to be the full equivalent of your foreign-earned income. Remit whatever you need for your living expenses.

– or regularly travel outside Thailand whenever you need to apply again for a new non-immigrant O visa.

If your non-O visa is multiple-entry, you need to do a border run every 90 days as long as your visa is valid.

---------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro