Activist monks asked to be patient over supreme patriarch conflict

rooster59

Activist monks asked to be patient over supreme patriarch conflict

Thammarat Thadaphrom

post-247607-0-79161200-1456040400_thumb.

BANGKOK, 21 February 2016 (NNT) – The Metropolitan Police Bureau has urged that activist monks remain calm over the appointment of the new supreme patriarch and refrain from staging demonstrations.

Following the announcement that a number of activist monks would take to the street on Monday which is Makha Bucha Day, the Metropolitan Police Bureau is asking their leaders to assign representatives to a meeting in order to discuss their requests.

The police said holding a protest would not yield any positive results, but instead, would allow ill-intended people to stir up the conflict.

The Police Bureau went on to say that officers would be deployed to ensure everyone’s safety and would not enforce the law against the activists unless a crime has been committed.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-21 footer_n.gif

Akaliko Bagavatho dhammo’ (‘dhamma is timeless’) clearly implies that the dhamma , the Buddha preached was about a process beyond time. The Buddha was trying to educate human beings of this very fundamental basis of thedhamma, which is timelessness, for forty-five long years.

http://www.asiantribune.com/news/2011/01/12/concept-timelessness-buddhism

so surely the selection can wait

Why is everyone so desperate to get a new supreme patriach (nice modest title there :) appointed? Fundamentally the position should probably not exist anyway, but regardless, what are they so anxious about. Thai ''buddhism'' isn't going to suddenly disappear if there is no supreme patriach. :rolleyes:

These active Monks are all about who will give me the most money. Not about love of Buddha but just for riches. The government should let the the Thai Buddhist people vote for a leader. If they truly love Buddha let them vote with there hearts. If not the winner will spend plenty and still might lose!~

The electing of a new Supreme Patriarch is political. There are three divisions of Buddhism in Thailand. And I know I'm going to spell them wrong, There are Thammayuts, Dhamminikay's and Dhammakaya's (the ones with the space ship looking temple.) Whomever gets the top spot pushes their agendas. The one up for the top spot is a Dhammakaya. The other two divisions don't want him in there. Simple.. Politics. coffee1.gif

The electing of a new Supreme Patriarch is political. There are three divisions of Buddhism in Thailand. And I know I'm going to spell them wrong, There are Thammayuts, Dhamminikay's and Dhammakaya's (the ones with the space ship looking temple.) Whomever gets the top spot pushes their agendas. The one up for the top spot is a Dhammakaya. The other two divisions don't want him in there. Simple.. Politics. coffee1.gif

The Saffron Mafia only has 3 families..... not the 5 like their Italo-American role models..... www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/p/history-of-five-families.html

Thanks for making that point. Without it the news on this doesn't seem to make sense for most people.

Thanks for making that point. Without it the news on this doesn't seem to make sense for most people.

Your welcome.. and to make it even more clearly, the other two divisions, Thammayut and Dhamminakai, don't believe in the Dhammakaya's. They consider them a cult.

Your welcome.. and to make it even more clearly, the other two divisions, Thammayut and Dhamminakai, don't believe in the Dhammakaya's. They consider them a cult.

They consider them a cult.

laugh.png