What's your favoroite 3 in 1 instant coffee in Thailand?

JacksSmirkingRevenge

Since I don't go to coffee shops and because I don't have a coffee maker, I buy instant coffee. I was wondering what everyone's favorite was. I have tried Dao (from Laos and quite good), Nescafe, Birdy...so far, Dao is the best and strongest. I want to try the Moccona brand.

I went to Big C tonight, and saw that they had Owl instant coffee (from Singapore) with a buy 1 get 1 free promotion, so I will buy that next time. Anyone try that one yet?

I'm just curious what everyone likes the most.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moccona Trio Espresso when in Thailand..... It's a bit sweet for me (it is a 3 in 1 after all!) I use a Tassimo capsule machine in the UK but we normally bring a bag of Moccona back with us as the little woman has a sweet tooth!

Andrew

post-64584-0-23482600-1456076695_thumb.j

Edited by RetroGTAndrew

Hubby was drinking that Trio stuff for a few years after we came here and found his blood sugar and cholestrol went too high. Then he got a simple French press and had the lady in the little shop in our condo grind real coffee for him. He boils water in my Hello Kitty hot pot, the same one I use to make tea, and he makes coffee with his French press about as easily as I make tea.

For a time, he was using a coffee maker, but it broke and we had just received a French press as a gift, so he decided to use it as an emergency and then learned how good it is if the coffee has just the right grind.

Hubby was drinking that Trio stuff for a few years after we came here and found his blood sugar and cholestrol went too high. Then he got a simple French press and had the lady in the little shop in our condo grind real coffee for him. He boils water in my Hello Kitty hot pot, the same one I use to make tea, and he makes coffee with his French press about as easily as I make tea.

For a time, he was using a coffee maker, but it broke and we had just received a French press as a gift, so he decided to use it as an emergency and then learned how good it is if the coffee has just the right grind.

For those who wonder what a "French press" is check the link ---------It might not be what you imagine !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_press

I normally keep 3 in 1 for emergencies only. Nescafe.

Normally I used to drink Nescafe Gold instant but got so fed up with it tasting only vaguely like coffee that I switched back to a French press. But jeez, if you want Bodum they're pricey!! 2,000 baht for the small ones that cost about 300 baht in Europe. I know about the import tax but almost 700% mark up! Got a reasonable one from Robinson.

Coffee from a French press can be a bit heavy I find. No way I can be bothered with the cost of an espresso machine here though, or the lack of aftersales. So recently invested in an Aeropress. 1,490 from Hillkoff and makes fantastic coffee even quicker than a FP, easier to clean too. Even tastier if you grind the beans yourself in Hario mini hand grinder.

Edited by SooKee

If I may dare to offer an easy (and better) alternative to the three-in-one:

Instant drip coffee.

Tesco has it in a couple of brands. Slightly more expensive, need to go through the effort of adding sugar and milk to taste, but so much better it doesn't compare.

2105505670444971504.jpg

I try to avoid 3 in one , but as an emergency I found one brand "Ben coffee" instant coffee mix from Brazil at BIG C , they use Brazilian beans.

8888311091069_14.jpg

Edited by balo

I have never really been a Fan of the various "3 in 1" type Instant Coffees, but a few years ago a friend's wife served us some that was really enjoyable, at least to my taste... It is "Super Coffee" in the Green package.. They call it "Coffee Rich", and it is, with Excellent semi-strong Coffee flavor and slightly sweet, with just a hint of a Chocolate flavor to it...

Pianoman

I'm not a coffee drinker so I'll say Kahlua, but to answer your question seriously, I look at the 3in1 that friends drink and feel like they're left wanting. If you don't want to go the whole hog and make it properly then I'd at least suggest getting the individual components (specifically to limit the sugar which they're very fond of here). A couple of friends are caffeine addicts and like the hard stuff, and they tend to go for an 'instant' coffee in a bag and add sugar/milk as needed, or just take it neat. Sorry I don't have brand names to hand, though I probably have some downstairs somewhere.

I dislike all instant coffee !

A simple coffee maker is not expensive, buy one and make the real stuff ---------easy. Add milk/cream and sugar if you must.

I agree, instant coffee absolutely sucks, but then I do not like cream and sugar in mine either. The taste of coffee is what I seek. However, these posters would apparently rather drink that crap than good coffee anyway; perhaps, as you suggest, they do not want the extra cost of a coffee maker.

Alas, we have pushed the envelope here on TV, we are changing the topic--shame shame.

Hello,

My first coffee of the day, when both eyes are still in the same hole, is a 3 in one from "Super Coffee" but the blue pack (low sugar). .

The second one is a "fresh coffee" out of the expresso machine just to make my eyes look in the same direction and over the day, I drink koffee brewed in a simple coffee pot.

Before I go to bed, I drink an expresso... it makes me sleep well with something hot in the stomach wink.png