Some Thai women (and their farang) are to be avoided like the Plague

canathai8

Less professional how?

I suspect the last part is more the other way round - that men in the west wouldn't consider marrying a prostitute.

The question to be asked is this - why do such a high % of farang men ( up to 50%?) emanate by osmosis to the bars - and pick their women from such a tiny pool?

As Bar girls - prostitutes only constitute about 1 or 2 % of the eligible, single Thai female population.

You'd think that the other 98 or 99% of single Thai women would be the REAL place to find a soulmate - best friend - partner - wife

But that's not how it works - and that's why it takes a year or more in many cases - to get the "good ones" out of Thailand - even after you marry themwai2.gif

Remember - if you find a good one and she makes you "wait" until marriage before you get the home run - a short timer once in a while in the duration works like a charm..with your future wife's permission of courseclap2.gif

So the difference just seems to be that Thai girls are cheaper.

That's certainly a factor for the prolific/serial customer, but for guys that end up marrying ex-bargirls, which is the situation I was referring to in my original comment, it is unimportant. The difference is in the girls themselves, as I have already explained.

That's certainly a factor for the prolific/serial customer, but for guys that end up marrying ex-bargirls, which is the situation I was referring to in my original comment, it is unimportant. The difference is in the girls themselves, as I have already explained.

I'm not sure there's much of a difference beyond the financial. Prostitutes in the West would probably often take the opportunity to marry what they perceived as a wealthy individual if it arose too. But the bar for what they would consider wealthy is set an awful lot higher. Plus, of course, not many men in the west would consider a prostitute to be bride material in the first place.

I'm not sure there's much of a difference beyond the financial. Prostitutes in the West would probably often take the opportunity to marry what they perceived as a wealthy individual if it arose too. But the bar for what they would consider wealthy is set an awful lot higher. Plus, of course, not many men in the west would consider a prostitute to be bride material in the first place.

Your last comment is true, except most men who marry ex-prostitutes in Thailand are western men!

Your last comment is true, except most men who marry ex-prostitutes in Thailand are western men!

That's why I said 'men in the West', not 'Western men'. Quite why those who come to Thailand suddenly consider it a viable option is an interesting question.