UV Light

susanschwaiger

Don't mean to pry, but what kind of room? I use to live on the beach and my closet would get terrible. The landlord said to just leave the light on (a regular bulb). It worked great.

Maybe try Lazada's online site???? Ebay????

Hi Craig:

You mean a light in the closet? Good idea, as it keeps it dry. Many of us fighting the moldy smell of clothes and closets. I move everything out every few months and wipe all of with the "color-bleach", which is 7.5% Peroxide. Does the job, but still annoying. THX. MS>

Thanks for all the info smile.png)) I just ordered this UV lamp online and friends will bring in March.

Our new home is facing north and lack sun/wind. My baby and I often cough due to the bad air. Heard UV lamp can give you a "sunny smell" after using, and kills various kinds of bacteria ... Looking forward to it.

This website is good. Can almost find everything. But I think the freight is too much to Thailand...

I can only let colleagues bring each time

Tabao is a CXhinese e-commerce site, part of the Alibaba group, so the shipping cost to Thailand will most probably much less than to the other side of the world e.g. Europe.

Are you sure these things work? I did a bit of research, as I'm interested! Here's what I read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet_germicidal_irradiation

UVGI can be used to disinfect air with prolonged exposure. Disinfection is a function of UV intensity and time. For this reason, it is not as effective on moving air, when the lamp is perpendicular to the flow, as exposure times are dramatically reduced. Air purification UVGI systems can be free-standing units with shielded UV lamps that use a fan to force air past the UV light. Other systems are installed in forced air systems so that the circulation for the premises moves microorganisms past the lamps. Key to this form of sterilization is placement of the UV lamps and a good filtration system to remove the dead microorganisms.[11] For example, forced air systems by design impede line-of-sight, thus creating areas of the environment that will be shaded from the UV light. However, a UV lamp placed at the coils and drain pans of cooling systems will keep microorganisms from forming in these naturally damp places.

ASHRAE covers UVGI and its applications in indoor air quality and building maintenance in "Ultraviolet Lamp Systems", Chapter 16 of its 2008 Handbook, HVAC Systems and Equipment. Its 2011 Handbook, HVAC Applications, covers "Ultraviolet air and surface treatment" in Chapter 60.

Germicidal UV for disinfection is most typically generated by a mercury-vapor lamp. Low-pressure mercury vapor has a strong emission line at 254 nm, which is within the range of wavelengths that demonstrate strong disinfection effect. The optimal wavelengths for disinfection are close to 260 nm.[9]:2–6

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5188035_uv-light-kill-bacteria_.html

Where to Use UV Light Sterilization
  • Because direct exposure to strong ultraviolet light can cause blindness and skin burns to people and animals, sterilization generally takes place in shielded UV hoods or light-proof UV chambers. UV treatment works well in applications where bacterial contamination poses a problem in air or water in aquariums, ponds, laboratories and clean rooms.

also, could not find on eBay. For a reason???? Lots of strange stuff is sold in China. I once saw pillows stuffed with green tea that were suppose to make you healthy! LOL

Are you sure these things work? I did a bit of research, as I'm interested! Here's what I read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet_germicidal_irradiation

UVGI can be used to disinfect air with prolonged exposure. Disinfection is a function of UV intensity and time. For this reason, it is not as effective on moving air, when the lamp is perpendicular to the flow, as exposure times are dramatically reduced. Air purification UVGI systems can be free-standing units with shielded UV lamps that use a fan to force air past the UV light. Other systems are installed in forced air systems so that the circulation for the premises moves microorganisms past the lamps. Key to this form of sterilization is placement of the UV lamps and a good filtration system to remove the dead microorganisms.[11] For example, forced air systems by design impede line-of-sight, thus creating areas of the environment that will be shaded from the UV light. However, a UV lamp placed at the coils and drain pans of cooling systems will keep microorganisms from forming in these naturally damp places.

ASHRAE covers UVGI and its applications in indoor air quality and building maintenance in "Ultraviolet Lamp Systems", Chapter 16 of its 2008 Handbook, HVAC Systems and Equipment. Its 2011 Handbook, HVAC Applications, covers "Ultraviolet air and surface treatment" in Chapter 60.

Germicidal UV for disinfection is most typically generated by a mercury-vapor lamp. Low-pressure mercury vapor has a strong emission line at 254 nm, which is within the range of wavelengths that demonstrate strong disinfection effect. The optimal wavelengths for disinfection are close to 260 nm.[9]:2–6

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5188035_uv-light-kill-bacteria_.html

Where to Use UV Light Sterilization
  • Because direct exposure to strong ultraviolet light can cause blindness and skin burns to people and animals, sterilization generally takes place in shielded UV hoods or light-proof UV chambers. UV treatment works well in applications where bacterial contamination poses a problem in air or water in aquariums, ponds, laboratories and clean rooms.

also, could not find on eBay. For a reason???? Lots of strange stuff is sold in China. I once saw pillows stuffed with green tea that were suppose to make you healthy! LOL

Google Clean Air Thailand and give them a call. They don't do retail but may be able to help you. UVGI does kill all DNA based organisms so must be used under controlled conditions, Clean AIr also make UV based Ozone generators which kill odours and bacteria.

@Craigh3365: Thanks for the kind reminding. Yes, I did a wide research before releasing the order. UV lamp works nicely with the 253.7nm light and kills many kinds of bacteria. And during usage, you must leave the room otherwise will cause harm to eye and skin (and kill all the indoor plants too !). Good UV lamp has remote control and delay starting and sound warning etc :))). Used to have a Hitachi air filter in room, quite good, but it's even better to have sth to kill those bacterias and virus !!!

@DDbKH: Thanks! I've already ordered and will get the UV lamp next week.....

Archived