British backpacker Grace Taylor missing in Thailand

webfact

Swanage backpacker Grace Taylor missing in Thailand
Kate Wilson

gt.jpg
Grace Taylor

DORSET police have launched an international investigation to locate missing woman Grace Taylor.

Grace, 21, who is from Swanage, is currently backpacking in Thailand but her family became increasingly worried for her welfare after she had not made contact for nearly a week.

Her parents officially reported her as a missing person to Dorset Police at 3.37am on Sunday morning after they had not heard from her since Tuesday.

A spokesman from the force said: "We received a call on Sunday morning reporting a missing woman travelling alone in Thailand.

"The family haven't been able to speak to her since Tuesday, February 16.

"We are now liaising with Interpol and an investigation is underway."

-- DAILY ECHO 2016-02-23

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The family haven't been able to speak to her since Tuesday, February 16."

ther was an update on the mother's fb account :

https://www.facebook.com/sam.taylor.98478?fref=nf

"STILL MISSING. Grace contacted us at 11am today from Ao Nang, she was very stressed and frightened saying that people were trying to hurt her and were following her and she wanted to come home. We calmed her down and booked her a flight from Krabi tonight but she never arrived at the airport by taxi and has gone missing again. We are desperately worried, all previous backpacker sightings have reported that she is disorientated and not in a god mental state. Please can I reach out to the backpacker community once again to look out for her and get her safe. We are flying out tonight to come and bring her home."

From her Mothers FB Page (Or family member, at least):

STILL MISSING. Grace contacted us at 11am today from Ao Nang, she was very stressed and frightened saying that people were trying to hurt her and were following her and she wanted to come home. We calmed her down and booked her a flight from Krabi tonight but she never arrived at the airport by taxi and has gone missing again.

This sounds EXACTLY the same as that other young British twit who scared the hell out of his family... turns out he was just out of it on drugs and didn't want to come home.

Coincidence?

There's a bit more in the original (local) report and it echoes the situation a few months back when the chap chose not to go home after his backpacking holiday (for whatever reason).

I hope it's a similar case, in that it's her choice, everything is within her own control, she's fit and healthy, and she'll be reunited with her family shortly.

There's a bit more in the original (local) report and it echoes the situation a few months back when the chap chose not to go home after his backpacking holiday (for whatever reason).

I hope it's a similar case, in that it's her choice, everything is within her own control, she's fit and healthy, and she'll be reunited with her family shortly.

(for whatever reason)

for parties.... what else ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/12055094/British-tourist-vanishes-in-Thailand-after-telling-parents-a-man-would-not-let-him-leave.html

i also hope similar case , and being right as i feel this story hummmmm

Edited by silverado

Concern for woman backpacker missing in Thailand

SWANAGE, Dorset: -- A family has launched an online campaign to help find a woman who has gone missing while backpacking in Thailand.

The family of Grace Taylor, who is 21 and from Swanage in Dorset, became concerned after she failed to contact them for over a week.

Grace's mother Sam has been posting messages on Facebook to try and get the backpacking community to help find her daughter.

Full story: http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2016-02-22/concern-for-woman-backpacker-missing-in-thailand/

-- ITV News 2016-02-23

Is it Krabi airport where the official Shuttle Bus to the bus station actually stops at Black Tiger agency, where they try to sell you packages and accommodation etc? it doesn't go to the bus station at all

I got there twice, second time I was able to get them to drive me to the bus station in their old pickup

Hope she's ok. There are some shady characters in ao nang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found Ao Nang to be very safe and 'boring' (we stayed a night there while in transit last year). Before anyone gets on their high horse re 'entertainment' - We're backpackers (late 20's) and I was there with my GF, so entertainment would consist of more than going to the nearest girlie bar. I just found the place quite dead in general.

Edited by alt

There's more.....

"On Monday afternoon, Mrs Taylor posted to say Grace contacted them at 11am from Ao Nang, Krabi.

However, during the telephone call Grace was in a very distressed state.

Mrs Taylor posted: "She was very stressed and frightened saying that people were trying to hurt her and were following her and she wanted to come home.

"We calmed her down and booked her a flight from Krabi tonight but she never arrived at the airport by taxi and has gone missing again.

"We are desperately worried, all previous backpacker sightings have reported that she is disorientated and not in a good mental state."

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14293958.UPDATE__Swanage_backpacker_Grace_Taylor_missing_in_Thailand/

This quote from her mother's Facebook page is sort of worrying:

A previous backpacker sightings have reported that she is disorientated and not in a god [sic] mental state.

It almost sounds as though she could be delusional and not making good judgements. Being a female backpacker alone in Thailand in such a state would not be a good thing.

I hope she is safe and sound.

On a side note The British newspapers seem to be constantly reporting negative news from Thailand.

I wonder how many Brits are put off coming here with all that negativity.

I am an adventurer. The more negative the reviews are, the faster I wanted to come. Here I am, 15 years later and love reading the reviews! w00t.gif

On a side note The British newspapers seem to be constantly reporting negative news from Thailand.

"The British newspapers seem to be constantly reporting negative news from Thailand." - I wonder why that is?? What are you trying to say? Perhaps you think they shouldn't report anything?

THe British are the second largest group European visitors to Thailand after Russians.

maybe you'd care to list the "negative news" items they have reported.

Begin with this missing girl

then how about the death of a British guy on Koh tao, and the murder of 2 Brits on that island....maybe you'd care to complete the list?

Edited by cumgranosalum

Is it Krabi airport where the official Shuttle Bus to the bus station actually stops at Black Tiger agency, where they try to sell you packages and accommodation etc? it doesn't go to the bus station at all

I got there twice, second time I was able to get them to drive me to the bus station in their old pickup

I had a bit of that in January going Samui Krabi; special 'restaraunt' stops not far from official bus stations. An argument eventually got me out of their clutches.

It does say she made it to the airport, but imagine someone in her state at the mercy of these sharks.

"The British newspapers seem to be constantly reporting negative news from Thailand." - I wonder why that is??

Perhaps because good news is no news.

When my nephew returned back to the UK after an enjoyable holiday in Thailand I contacted every newspaper but to my chagrin none of them would print his story.

I'm going to stick my neck out and make a guess - the reports seem to suggest she was having a bad trip - as in drugs......however she'll need care till she comes down if that is the case.

i hope it's no more serious than that.

Edited by cumgranosalum

im a man but when I was 21 I would not have travelled to somewhere like Thailand alone and for a young girl to do this I think your asking for trouble, hope they find her alive and well.

that is totally subjective - by 21 I and most of my friends had hitch-hiked to India Afghanistan or Morocco...some had gone on to Thailand and Oz, most were teenagers - and none had the luxury of credit cards or mobile phones....how safe you are depends at least in part on the person involved...not their age.

Edited by cumgranosalum

just another twit who thinks she can come over to southeast asia alone singing cum ba ya with a back pack and everything will be alright! no sympathy here! these idiots NEVER learn!this happens every year! you people are coming over to a land that will cut your throat on a whim! and take all your pitiful belongings as well!