Mazda3

lotus eater

I have the 2 litre automatic. It comes to Thailand from the Philipines; Mazda at Rayong assemble only the pick up.

I was wondering if someone had this car/model and if so

a) Which mazda garage they recommend for service etc within reach of Chiang Mai (assuming there is more than one such garage)

:o Mazda in europe has a roadside assistance number giving free such service for at leastr the warranty period. Is there such a number here?

c) What sort of petrol consumption other owners get in reasonable/gentle, mixed town/country driving (Chiang Mai). Mine seems unexpectedly high.

Any information much appreciated.

I used to have the 2 litre 4 door model, sold it 2 months ago now.

Nice car to drive but it is quite heavy on the fuel consumption..best I got driving around bkk was 9km/litre but most of the time its was about 7km/litre.....on the open road it would return about 12km/litre. Drop about 20% off those figures if you use gasohol....I stopped using it in the end because the engine ran rough and the crappy economy it returned.

I've done under 8000 km on it so far. I do like it. Flawless mechanically. Like its design. It does also also stand apart from the ubiquitous toyotas and hondas.

The heavy consumption does seem its weak point. (I'm releieved to learn mine wasn't a lemon in that regard.) I get 12 km/litre on the open road, and a little under 11 in Chiang Mai.

Any Cm owner have experience with a garage for servicing etc?

And anyone know anything about the roadside assistance srvice?

If you don't mind me asking, but what is the asking price for one of these in LOS. It's sad for me to come visit home and see a brand new Mazdaspeed hatch go for 20k US... The worst is comming home to my 02 Mustang GT and then returning to a 00 civic in CM :/ Talk about a car with no balls...

27k isn't too outragous though. I keep seeing some cars (like a wrx) getting hit by that nice tax. Why are the 3's not getting the hike like a miata?

(sorry for my ignorance, looking at cars in the LOS is something I am new at)

think its down to the size and power output of the engine, on how much the tax is

27k isn't too outragous though. I keep seeing some cars (like a wrx) getting hit by that nice tax. Why are the 3's not getting the hike like a miata?

Its because the 3 is built in the Phillipines and under the ASEAN trade agreement can be imported into thailand at a much lower rate than cars manufactured outside of ASEAN. The only exception is Malaysia because theres a big spat between them and Thailand at the moment so there are punitive taxes applied against any cars manufactured in Malaysia and imported here.

Its because the 3 is built in the Phillipines and under the ASEAN trade agreement can be imported into thailand at a much lower rate than cars manufactured outside of ASEAN. The only exception is Malaysia because theres a big spat between them and Thailand at the moment so there are punitive taxes applied against any cars manufactured in Malaysia and imported here.

ahh ok, yeah I know the city is cheap because it is put together here. i figured something along those lines was going on with the mazda 3. Thanks for the info.

Guys, do you know what the air pressure should be in the wheels of Mazda3? I added to 32 and its feels jumpy too much. Any idea?

Open the drivers door and there is a sticker on the bottom left (on the car body not the door) that tells you what the pressures should be....32 sounds about right though.