Tough Media Visa Rules Meant to Discourage 'Inaccurate Reporting'

webfact

Could they give examples of the "fake reporters" and inaccurate information that they're trying to ban? To my knowledge the only inaccurate information being published comes from government press releases and polls.

Try reviewing some BBC "reports".

When you have done so come back and tell me those reports were fair, balanced and truthful.

Start your review of the BBC story's with the red mob riots, bombings, shootings,and arson.

edit

removal of typo

Your post unintentionally reveals your prejudices.Could it be you are simply saying you don't like the BBC's efforts to consider all sides of the conflict?

So are we saying then with this caption above that some of these people in the photo shoot of Yingluck are fake and part of rent a crowd? Or the photo shoot is done by genuine attendees who have correct status of being a corespondent, from all the millions of photos available to use to get that message over , this one was chosen, Is a hidden message in that fact?

Yes. It's called spot the lettuce against spot Yingluck.

just last Wednesday it was reported the Japanese government is doing a similar kind of thing. First they threatened journalists with 10 years imprisonment for reporting anything negatively regarding the ongoing Fukushima disaster fallout. (That's why news regarding that has all gone quiet).

Now they have extended these warnings and restrictions to reporting anything negatively about the Japanese economy.blink.png

Japanese TV anchors lose their jobs amid claims of political pressure

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/17/japanese-tv-anchors-lose-their-jobs-amid-claims-of-political-pressure

What has that to do with Thailand?

You're just doing the usual junta fanboy thing by giving an example of it happening elsewhere, therefore there's nothing wrong with them doing it here.

" giving an example of it happening elsewhere, therefore there's nothing wrong with them doing it here. "blink.png

You couldn't be more wronggiggle.gif I posted it not because it's Thailand related but to contradict those on this website who have consistently for years sworn blind that if something is not written in the mainstream media then it's simply not worth believingtongue.png

and I would love to respond to your comments about being a fan boy but probably better for me not toph34r.png

Edited by midas