What Are the Biggest Lies Foreigners Tell Themselves?

eldragon

Living in a country under control of a military regime which limits freedom of speech is still more free than the nanny state they came from.

Here Here

In the US, the amount of money that gets thrown about with this election campaign is mind blowing. You have to be filthy rich to run as a candidate and/or deep in the back pocket of those that donate big time.

Every successful candidate buys their way into it, there is no real democracy when it comes to candidates anyway. Its still corruption in a way

In Australia, we dont have that, but as a result we get all these ridiculously bureaucratic pen pushes as our politicians, which ends up having the same effect, a whole bunch of money wasted on nothing.

Both countries could use a run of having the military in charge, if for no other reason that to pay off some public debt for a couple years...only to find it wouldnt make much difference

Its either /or. Living in a nanny state, stub your toe, you can sue someone, but as a result everything costs more or live somewhere like Thailand, where if you stub your toe, its your fault, everythings cheaper

Living in a country under control of a military regime which limits freedom of speech is still more free than the nanny state they came from.

Here Here

In the US, the amount of money that gets thrown about with this election campaign is mind blowing. You have to be filthy rich to run as a candidate and/or deep in the back pocket of those that donate big time.

Every successful candidate buys their way into it, there is no real democracy when it comes to candidates anyway. Its still corruption in a way

In Australia, we dont have that, but as a result we get all these ridiculously bureaucratic pen pushes as our politicians, which ends up having the same effect, a whole bunch of money wasted on nothing.

Both countries could use a run of having the military in charge, if for no other reason that to pay off some public debt for a couple years...only to find it wouldnt make much difference

Its either /or. Living in a nanny state, stub your toe, you can sue someone, but as a result everything costs more or live somewhere like Thailand, where if you stub your toe, its your fault, everythings cheaper

Keep telling yourself that...

• Like 1

I'll buy a round for you all tomorrow.....

I'd like to buy your (car, condo, house bike) but I'm having problems with my bank/atm.

People are interested when I compare Thailand to my home country and it really makes sense to do so....

I put extra chili on my food to wow and amaze the locals at the morning market, even though it will decimate my toilet later.....

I walk with a strut because I'm such a handsome old geezer.....

This back shirt makes me look 75 kilos thinner and hides my horrible stomach blimp....

McDonald's is food....

Farang land political and police practices are relevant in Thailand....

• Like 2

I am under 50 and can easily afford to retire in Thailand without working. I just can't justify an Elite visa and would rather play the endless visa game than take the easy route in this regard. It is very unfair how they just won't make a visa tailored to young, wealthy people such as myself.

After all I have 39 and a half days left on my current visa and I didn't get rich wasting days on visas.

Edited by anotheruser