Belgium turns back migrants and refugees at border with France

webfact

Belgium turns back migrants and refugees at border with France

606x341_325218.jpg

BRUSSELS: -- Migrants and refugees arriving at the Belgian town of La Panne, on the border with France, on Wednesday were being turned back by police.

Belgium has this week reintroduced border controls – fearing a potential influx of UK-bound migrants, amid French plans to evict thousands of people from the camp known as ‘The Jungle’ near Calais.

Up to 290 Belgian police officers have been deployed at crossings with France. The Belgian government has said the controls will last as long as necessary.

The move is the latest blow to free travel in Europe’s Shengen Zone. An increasing number of EU member states have been tightening border controls as part of efforts to address the migration crisis.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-25

Nice to see countries sticking up for themselves, just wish Brussels would keep it's nose out of everyone else business, obviously they don't like having refugees ...!!

I sort of agree with you but what youve posted is kinda ironic.

"Nice to see countries sticking up for themselves..." i.e. Belgium

"....just wish Brussels would keep its nose out of everyone else business..." - & which country is Brussels in?

Nice to see countries sticking up for themselves, just wish Brussels would keep it's nose out of everyone else business, obviously they don't like having refugees ...!!

I sort of agree with you but what youve posted is kinda ironic.

"Nice to see countries sticking up for themselves..." i.e. Belgium

"....just wish Brussels would keep its nose out of everyone else business..." - & which country is Brussels in?

Exactly, Brussels is where the decisions are made & yes it is in Belgium but also they don't like taking their own medicine..!!

Interestingly most of those refugees shown were young men of military age. For the sake of those refugees who are genuine we should call these young men something very different.

How about culture enrichers?

I strongly suggest that members stop with the inflammatory rhetoric. Trolling is not going to be permitted and continuing to post off-topic nonsense will earn a suspension.

You are welcome to post your opinion on the issue, but leave the nasty rhetoric out.

What bothers me here is that they turn them back and in France they have no clue what to do with them. So it seems they, mostly men, are on the loose on both sides which in my view is a pretty dangerous situation. I understand and agree with it all but why not arrest and put them on a military plane anywhere out of Europe? But then the humanitarian zealots are probably going to shout too loud of inhumane behavior!!

Send all refugees to Brussels. tongue.png

Or better yet, force anyone that is positive about this to feed, cloth and harbour the "refugees" with their own money. See, this would immediately solve the issue for a lot of countries in Europe.

Send all refugees to Brussels. tongue.png

What you seem not to know is that Belgium offer them to stay in Belgium, getting place to stay food and care on a legal asylum procedure, but they refuse that. They want to go to the UK on a illegal way and status, by making damage to property, trucks, companies.

What the police do is saying that if they don't want to do asylum in Belgium, they should not enter as illegal to come to make damage. If an illegal person enter the UK from Belgium, Belgium or the truck where they hiding getting a fine from the UK too.

At the moment they are already at the nearest French harbor to the UK. So police sending them back there.