Money tranfer UK to Thailand

Used every which way but now the £ is going down the tubes for a few months looking at other means than Tranferwise etc. They have been good,but taking longer for transfer,now typically 7 to 8 days.£14 plus half a % to transfer on £1000

Nationwide over Metro seem better,pay £10 per month to upgrade existing Flex account and no transfer fees ,use Aeon ATM for 150 baht withdrawal and excellent exchange rate ,no 1% stuff other free stuff that's probably no use

Currency Index based near Watford I believe.

Email them with your requirements and they will advise you of costs.

They will hold as much of your money as you are happy to let them and will transfer as and when you request, as well as setting up regular transfers (obviously!)

I think they charge £12 for amounts under £30k and no charge over this amount. Needless to say they have to make a living so I presume they take a cut somewhere.

No harm in sending and email.

My agents name is Tom Arnold.

I guess you have already seen my posts on the other thread. Just get a Clarity and use it to withdraw over the counter.

Trouble with Clarity is not everyone is able to get one !! I've been with Halifax for 17 years but still they refuse and I have squeaky clean record and normally have between £10k to £15k stashed there at any one time

As you say this is the way to go though

Edited by Cirencester

If I do switch to Halifax I just want to transfer cash to K bank at £9.50 at current exchange rates,not lose 1% or whatever

I know that you are supposed to be loopy, but what you are writing is nonsense.

If you use the Clarity, you get the full Mastercard rate with no deductions.

If you do what you propose, you get charged £9.50 on the UK side and up to 500 baht on the Thai side.. and that if you send in Pounds.

Pib explains here:

They first apply the 0.25% portion of the formula...it that 0.25% works out to less than Bt200 they charge the Bt200 min charge....if it's more than Bt500 they charge the Bt500 max charge....if it comes out to say Bt323 then that is the charge. Summary: the Thai bank currency receipt/conversion fee will be in the Bt200 to Bt500 range.

If you choose to send in Thai baht, you just get a very poor exchange rate.

So once again, forget about your transfer idea, it's just loopy. Change banks if you wish, but get and utilise the Clarity card.

I guess you have already seen my posts on the other thread. Just get a Clarity and use it to withdraw over the counter.

Trouble with Clarity is not everyone is able to get one !! I've been with Halifax for 17 years but still they refuse and I have squeaky clean record and normally have between £10k to £15k stashed there at any one time

As you say this is the way to go though

Creation Everyday