Advice On The Type Of Visa is Best For My Situation

If there is anybody following this in a similar position maybe you will find the following useful;

I called the consulate in Germany and asked many questions for clarification in relation to the advice given, concerning the METV for 6 months. The chap I spoke to spoke fluent English as my German is not up to scratch.

He confirmed, no letter of invitation, hotel booking onward/return flight anywhere is required. I also asked him to advise on a time period for the financial statement and I was told "It does not matter" They seemed very relaxed about it.

I asked if it would be ok to go there with application and documents now to confirm everything is ok and then lodge the application just before I go and he said there really is no need, so long as I had 6 months left on my passport and still have a pulse you will be ok.

He advised it would take 30 min. Thats is pretty fast. They obviously dont waste any time with this.

Edited by jonnyomonic2016

Given the relaxed approach of the embassy there, this is definitely your best bet. And why not buy a return ticket from Germany (not much more than a single) so you can get another METV on the expiry of this one. Takes care of 18 months of visa worries...

Edited by lamyai3