Nok Air to cancel more flights until March 10

webfact

Nok Air to cancel more flights until March 10

42-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Nok Air has informed the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand that it will cancel an average of 10 flights day until March 10 and will transfer its passengers to its allied airlines, said Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisit today (Thursday).

The minister said that the troubled airline would inform the CAAT on daily basis about flight cancellation because the airline still has unresolved internal problem. He added that Nok Air is optimistic that its service will return to normal after March 10.

While the internal problem remains unresolved, Nok Air has relied on the services of Thai Airways International, Thai Smile, Thai Lion Air and Nok Scoot to help fly its passengers to their destinations.

Minister Arkhom said he was informed by Nok Air that some of the pilots who earlier resigned have returned to the airline and the airline has recruited another 15 pilots.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152443

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-26

The quintessential problem in Thailand: there is a different story from every Thai person who opens his mouth.

You cannot get the truth out of people easily. You can almost guarantee that there will be dozens of lies and half truths. Impartial investigation is the only thing that works here.

That bird's about ready for the roasting pan.

I would think it's cooked allready and ready to be eaten.

Who will buy a ticket from them after all this?

And what about the yellow card the general gave them. Is it a red one by now?

So! If they are now admitting their shortages of pilots. Why did they deny it so much when those pilots refused to fly a couple weeks ago? There is more to this that they are not telling and used those pilots as scapegoats.

You've said it. Usual reaction here is deny everything first THEN think about it and how to BS and lie your way out of the corner you've painted yourself into.

So! If they are now admitting their shortages of pilots. Why did they deny it so much when those pilots refused to fly a couple weeks ago? There is more to this that they are not telling and used those pilots as scapegoats.

Why? Because the CEO likes to be economical with the truth.

And before 10 March, Nok Air will once more admit that more flights will be cancelled even after 10 March.

If this airline fibs to cover up a mere Personnel issue, would they lie about Maintenance and Safety?

I feel sorry for the Nok Air employees.

I prefer them to the airline that used to fly my route to Bangkok.

On time and a short flight of 40 or 50 Minutes as opposed to a 4hour+ drive as the alternative.

I hope they carry on.

I have 2 flights booked in April and am confident I will be flying.

So it's a thumbs up from this happy traveller.

Yup, last week Thai Pilots Ass told the world that there are enough qualified Thai pilots in the system,

OOps sorry, can't count ,, a week later ,, thank you General for allowing us to employ up to 49% foreign labour.

Incidenly this is not only Thailand, Malaysia went through this bullshit 2 years ago as well.

What happened to this wonderful 10 country free trade & labour agreement supposed to start January last?