173rd place: Bangkok ranks near bottom of 'safe city' list for expats

webfact

yes this report was based on hard facts and statistics, like it or not thailand is a dangerous destinations!

but old people here, (who dont speak/thai) because they feel safe, so its must be safe,cheesy.gif

People who works for embassy, knows that thailand is the country, where foreigners are murdered/assaulted/raped in huge numbers!!

Nobody is saying it's not dangerous, all that's been said it that the murder rate of Brits here is extremely low and that fact is now proven with fact. So if indeed "foreigners are murdered here in huge numbers", they're not Brits! thumbsup.gif

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes this report was based on hard facts and statistics, like it or not thailand is a dangerous destinations!

but old people here, (who dont speak/thai) because they feel safe, so its must be safe,cheesy.gif

People who works for embassy, knows that thailand is the country, where foreigners are murdered/assaulted/raped in huge numbers!!

Nobody is saying it's not dangerous, all that's been said it that the murder rate of Brits here is extremely low and that fact is now proven with fact. So if indeed "foreigners are murdered here in huge numbers", they're not Brits! thumbsup.gif

you read thaivisa every day, so you know its really huge numbers,

and the report was completely accurate.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Bender

Are you the real Bender ?

"the murder rate of Brits here is extremely low"

You mean the murder and rape of Hannah and David was extremely low?

You mean the framing of 2 innocent burmeses(sentenced to death) was also extremely low?

etc...

Everyday we read stories about foreigners who get murdered, raped, stabbed, suspicious suicide, etc etc

I can make you a huge list of foreigners who went back home in a coffin!

Today, I just read that a russian got stabbed, canadian attacked indian robbed and a french guy was found dead in north thailand(chiang mai)

But, for a thai apologist like you, it doesnt matter, because you certainly work in the tourism industry. Thats explain your 19,000 crap posts. You are making a living from tourists! You are a shameless greedy apologist!

Another example that speak for itself: Last years, they found in south-thailand, several mass graves with several hundreds dead bodies http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34033474 But you still claim, the murder rate is "extremely low"bah.gif

Either you suffer from amnesia, either you are the worst apologist around!

thailand should have ranked at the bottom of the list! its a dangerous countrycoffee1.gif

Edited by Bender

You mean the framing of 2 innocent burmeses(sentenced to death) was also extremely low?

etc...

Everyday we read stories about foreigners who get murdered, raped, stabbed, suspicious suicide, etc etc

Today, I just read that a russian got stabbed, and the dead body of a french guy was found in north thailand(chiang mai)

But, for a thai apologist like you, it doesnt matter, because you certainly work in the tourism industry. Thats explain your 19,000 crap posts. You are making a living from tourists! You are a shameless greedy apologist!

Another example that speak for itself: Last years, they found in south-thailand, several mass graves with several hundreds dead bodies http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34033474 But you still claim, the murder rate is "extremely low"bah.gif

thailand should have ranked at the bottom of the list! its a dangerous countrycoffee1.gif

we are reading about foreigners getting raped and murdered every day? You are certainly a drama queen..

Rape is not murder.

You may read about murders everyday if all you read everyday is the daily rag.

Those daily murders are not of British people.

Is the picture becoming a little clearer for you now or do you require further explanation and shorter words!

etc...

Today, I just read that a russian got stabbed, canadian attacked indian robbed and a french guy was found dead in north thailand(chiang mai)

Yes, the murder rate of BRITS in Thailand appears very low, that's what the UK government statistics tell us.

The murder of Hannah and David whilst very tragic still only amounts to two people and was in 2015, OUTSIDE of the statistical period of 2012-2014.

You may read everyday about foreigners being murdered although I seriously doubt it unless you really read trashy newspapers, fact is you do NOT read about BRITS. being murdered which is what the statistics are exclusively concerned with, just BRITS. - difficult I know but do try and keep up.

"I can make you a huge list of foreigners who went back home in a coffin!" - thank you, we all look forward to reading your list, it will be helpful if you could include nationality also, bearing in mind the subject is BRITS!

"Another example that speak for itself: Last years, they found in south-thailand, several mass graves with several hundreds dead bodies". Were the mass graves full of BRITS? I may not have said this before so in case I haven't, the statistics and related posts are about BRITS!

"you certainly work in the tourism industry - You are making a living from tourists". Nope, retired and living in Thailand for twelve years, never worked in tourism or anything related to it.

"Either you suffer from amnesia, either you are the worst apologist around!" Talking of being forgetful, have I mentioned that the statistics are solely about BRITS being murdered in Thailand? blink.pngcoffee1.gif

etc...

Yes, the murder rate of BRITS in Thailand appears very low, that's what the UK government statistics tell us.

The murder of Hannah and David whilst very tragic still only amounts to two people and was in 2015, OUTSIDE of the statistical period of 2012-2014.

You may read everyday about foreigners being murdered although I seriously doubt it unless you really read trashy newspapers, fact is you do NOT read about BRITS. being murdered which is what the statistics are exclusively concerned with, just BRITS. - difficult I know but do try and keep up.

"I can make you a huge list of foreigners who went back home in a coffin!" - thank you, we all look forward to reading your list, it will be helpful if you could include nationality also, bearing in mind the subject is BRITS!

"Another example that speak for itself: Last years, they found in south-thailand, several mass graves with several hundreds dead bodies". Were the mass graves full of BRITS? I may not have said this before so in case I haven't, the statistics and related posts are about BRITS!

"you certainly work in the tourism industry - You are making a living from tourists". Nope, retired and living in Thailand for twelve years, never worked in tourism or anything related to it.

"Either you suffer from amnesia, either you are the worst apologist around!" Talking of being forgetful, have I mentioned that the statistics are solely about BRITS being murdered in Thailand? blink.pngcoffee1.gif

oh please stop your baloney, everybody knows except yourself, this is the most dangerous destination for british, and certainly for every others nationalities. Country like Spain, USA, France get 10 times more british tourists than thailand, but you never heard british getting murdered in Spain. NEVER!

And you when sum up crime on every nationalities, thailand is certainly the most dangerous tourists destination!

I start to realize that you might writing you post from there:

Doctorsandpatient_zps55866f1a.jpg

oh please stop your baloney, everybody knows except yourself, this is the most dangerous destination for british, and certainly for every others nationalities. Country like Spain, USA, France get 10 times more british tourists than thailand, but you never heard british getting murdered in Spain. NEVER!

And you when sum up crime on every nationalities, thailand is certainly the most dangerous tourists destination!

On behalf of my generation Bender I offer you my heartfelt apologies, we've allowed you to leave school without even the basic ability to read and comprehend, we should have done better, you deserve more.

Moving on, if you think that Thailand is the most dangerous destination for the MURDER of British, please prove it rather than just keep saying it is because not the government figures nor even the anecdotal evidence supports your claim.

As for there not being any murders of British people in Spain, I refer back to my opening paragraph:

Murders of British Citizen by Country of Death from UK Gov..

Pakistan - 37

Tunisia - 34

Jamaica - 18

America - 15

France - 14

South Africa - 11

Ukraine - 10

Australia - 7

Algeria - 7

Afghanistan - 6

Barbados - 6

Spain - 6

Brazil - 5

Egypt - 5

Bangladesh - 5:

Edited by chiang mai

On behalf of my generation Bender I offer you my heartfelt apologies, we've allowed you to leave school without even the basic ability to read and comprehend, we should have done better, you deserve more.

Moving on, if you think that Thailand is the most dangerous destination for the MURDER of British, please prove it rather than just keep saying it is because the government figures nor even the anecdotal evidence supports your claim.

As for there not being any murders of British people in Spain, I refer back to my open paragraph:

Murders of British Citizen by Country of Death.

Pakistan - 37

Tunisia - 34

Jamaica - 18

America - 15

France - 14

South Africa - 11

Ukraine - 10

Australia - 7

Algeria - 7

Afghanistan - 6

Barbados - 6

Spain - 6

Brazil - 5

Egypt - 5

Bangladesh - 5:

you opened an another thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/902736-brit-murders-in-thailand/

and everyone explained you, you talk nonsense! Everyone disagree with you, everyone disagree with your biased facts!

You have been reading thaivisa for years, you have wrote more than 19,000 posts here, so you know how dangerous thailand is!

But you keep spaming this forum, with your nonsense.

Do i need to repeat, everything that was said to you in the other thread that you started?

Spain and western countries are very, but really safe for tourists, thailand in the others hand is a death trap!

People like who, are the biggest problem for tourists, you lure innocent people here with your myths!

Moving on, if you think that Thailand is the most dangerous destination for the MURDER of British, please prove it rather than just keep saying it is because the government figures nor even the anecdotal evidence supports your claim.

As for there not being any murders of British people in Spain, I refer back to my open paragraph:

Murders of British Citizen by Country of Death.

Pakistan - 37

Tunisia - 34

Jamaica - 18

America - 15

France - 14

South Africa - 11

Ukraine - 10

Australia - 7

Algeria - 7

Afghanistan - 6

Barbados - 6

Spain - 6

Brazil - 5

Egypt - 5

Bangladesh - 5:

you opened an another thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/902736-brit-murders-in-thailand/

and everyone explained you, you talk nonsense! Everyone disagree with you, everyone disagree with your biased facts!

You have been reading thaivisa for years, you have wrote more than 19,000 posts here, so you know how dangerous thailand is!

But you keep spaming this forum, with your nonsense.

Do i need to repeat, everything that was said to you in the other thread that you started?

Spain and western countries are very, but really safe for tourists, thailand in the others hand is a death trap!

People like who, are the biggest problem for tourists, you lure innocent people here with your myths!

"you lure innocent people here with your myths", Priceless!

In fact that thread, the thread to which you yourself have contributed, also abusively, seems split into two groups, the Sun/Daily Express readers group and the rest, people who are suspicious of the claim and/or would like an answer as to what the real situation is regarding British murders in Thailand, you I note are in the former group! Once again and for the very last time, because you are becoming tiresome and and even more abusive, this is about the number of murders of BRITS in Thailand, no more, no less. OUT.

Well I also think that there are others cities less safer than Bkk.

Just try to walk in Napoli after 22.00 expecially in some area close to San Giovanni aTeduccio

or even worst you can not even get inside Scampia

Same if you walk in some Milano areas like Quarto Giaro or Roma and Palermo too

Amsterdam and Paris as well feel not so safe

In my opinion Bangkok as metropolis is much more safer than europens capitals including Moskow Stocholm Madrid where i have been several times.

Anyways things happened everywhere but the perception of the safety here in Bkk where actually i am staying it' s pretty higher.

"Well I also think that there are others cities less safer than Bkk." - so does Mercer - read it first......
In all mentioned cities as Napoli, Roma or Milano you'll find as similar dangerous quarters as in BKK, NY, London aso. Having said this why you want to see those places at night? And to carry a Beretta all the time seems to be very uncomfortable

Try LA, Chicago, New York. Bangkok is nothing. Thailand has nothing on gang land America. My biggest fear in Thailand is getting hit by a tuk tuk.

Gang land New York LOL! Are you posting from the 19th Century?

Sorry. Would you rather me use other slang. "The hood", or is that to 80s for you? What about, "the other side of the tracks?". Maybe that is to metephorical. Thai visa trolls kill me. Sometimes I read through comments on this sight just to get a laugh at how rediculously negative some of you people are. No where on the internet can you see trolling as refined and consistent as it is here.

If anyone thinks Thailand is dangerous, then I challenge you to walk through some Neighbourhoods in Chicago or Oakland California. There are places here where to hear a gunshot a day Is not surprising. The difference is that you don't have a bunch of whining expats with money complaining on the Internet all day.

Grantid our gang members and inner city thugs actually know how to drive and the police do try to knock em back a bit, but that is quickly changing now that political correctness can land an officer in prison if the perp happens to have a heart attack while being tackled.

Huh? I don't care what terminology you use. I'm interested to know what neighborhoods in New York are dangerous or, if you prefer, "gang land."

When I lived there, I didn't see anything that fits that characterization. That's why I think it's funny. You apparently know nothing about the city and are just making up its dangerousity level.

If you live with gang land and might be one of those you would not feel unsafe even one minute