EU’s migration system close to 'complete breakdown'

webfact

EU’s migration system close to 'complete breakdown'

606x341_325362.jpg

BRUSSELS: -- The EU’s migration system is on the point of complete breakdown, according to a top European Commission official.

Dimitris Avramopoulos, the European Commissioner for migration, issued the stark warning after a meeting between EU interior ministers on Thursday.

“In the next ten days, we need tangible and clear results on the ground, otherwise there is a danger, there is a risk that the whole system will completely break down. There is no time for uncoordinated actions,” he told reporters in Brussels.

A number of EU countries have introduced border checks amid disagreements over how to best handle the huge influx of refugees and migrants into Europe.

Austria irked some EU officials by calling a mini summit with Western Balkan nations – without inviting Greece or Germany

The Austrian government has also set a daily cap on how migrants per day are allowed to enter the country, ignoring a warning from European Commission lawyers

“We have to recover our ability to act – and that will only be possible when the European external border is protected,” said Johanna Mikl-Leitner, the Austrian interior minister.

“If Greece stresses over and over again that it is not possible to protect the Greek border…we have to ask the question if it’s possible that the external border of the Schengen area stays in Greece.”

The Schengen area is a passport-free travel zone including 26 countries, of which 22 are EU member states.

But the migration crisis, which saw more than a million people reach Europe last year, has left some observers to question whether the whole system may be at risk.

The influx of migrants has exposed divisions between EU governments, which are trading accusations of blame and resulting beggar-thy-neighbour policies to tighten border controls.

Belgium became the seventh Schengen member on Wednesday to introduce border checks as it became clear that a court in Lille would order the partial demolition of the infamous Calais ‘Jungle’ refugee camp.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-26

What can one expect from wishy-washy compromisers who have no leadership skills and yield to any entity showing strength? They failed in the break-up of Yugoslavia. They failed the EU economy. They failed with migration. They failed in providing democracy. I hope the UK opts out of this one big failure.

This is the beginning of the end of EU and Europe as we know it. Congratulations Merkel, you did it!

Yet again the Germans will split Europe because of their desire to dominate and rule it. Third time in a row.

If UK leaves the EU, expect the likes of Denmark, Poland, Hungry, Austria etc to start harboring same thoughts as their internal decisions become challenged by EC lawyers who declare them illegal.

The last time I saw Europe appearing to be still cohesive, peaceful and beautiful was in about 2000. It was pretty much the original Europe. I remember flying into Paris when it was foggy but sunny above the fog, and the Eiffel Tower was protruding above the fog into the sunlight. The fog burned off and it was a beautiful day for sightseeing.

I bought a guided tour down the Loire Valley to see castles - something that doesn't exist at all in the US.

Everything was clean, safe, and beautiful even in London and Rome and Madrid.

They are throwing it away as fast as they can in the name of political correctness. "Political Correctness." The two most culturally destructive words in the English Language.

Cheers.

This is the beginning of the end of EU and Europe as we know it. Congratulations Merkel, you did it!

Yet again the Germans will split Europe because of their desire to dominate and rule it. Third time in a row.

If UK leaves the EU, expect the likes of Denmark, Poland, Hungry, Austria etc to start harboring same thoughts as their internal decisions become challenged by EC lawyers who declare them illegal.

"Fourth reich"...

The last time I saw Europe appearing to be still cohesive, peaceful and beautiful was in about 2000. It was pretty much the original Europe. I remember flying into Paris when it was foggy but sunny above the fog, and the Eiffel Tower was protruding above the fog into the sunlight. The fog burned off and it was a beautiful day for sightseeing.

I bought a guided tour down the Loire Valley to see castles - something that doesn't exist at all in the US.

Everything was clean, safe, and beautiful even in London and Rome and Madrid.

They are throwing it away as fast as they can in the name of political correctness. "Political Correctness." The two most culturally destructive words in the English Language.

Cheers.

It's quite bizarre... if someone had in 1985 said that "Swedens third largest city will have minority ethnic swedish population and you can get by with arabic, even better than with swedish" they would have been locked up in an padded room. Now it's reality, Malmö is that city and Stockholm isn't looking all that well either as well as Göteborg.

My friend visited Paris 2-3 years ago. He is basicly an "ultradumb liberal" and he said he was so surprised and confused as he though he had actually landed in some African country.

We know.

Some of us have been saying it for months.

Years man, years...

I was ridiculed for years posting articles from the likes of Gates of Vienna website. What has happened surely can be no surprise, it's like getting run over by a slow moving steamroller which never deviated from its path, yet we took no evasive action. I can only put it down to treason. Recommended reading Eurabia by Bat YeOr.

The EU migration problem, the Greek debt problem, lack of democratic process and accountability,

no border controls, no ability to pass laws unless in no way do they affect only your citizens in your

country. The European economy is shrinking, the red tape from Brussels is chocking. Lots of

issues. Some how I can't see this ending well. coffee1.gif