Moving motor scooter to new province.

james.d

Hello All,

My son has been living in Chiang Mai for a few years attending university and has now returned to BKK with his scooter. His scooter has the Chiang Mai plate and I think it maybe wise to register it with BKK plates. Possibly to lessen police inspections and being blamed in the case of an accident for not knowing BKK roads bearing in mind the plate is registered Chiang Mai.

Would any of you more knowledgeable guys agree and if so how to do it?

Thank you in advance,

James.d

I am just in the process of transferring a Honda CB400 from Rayong to Khampaeng Phet province.

Mine was due inspection for a new tax disk etc and I took it into the testing station yesterday (Thursday) next to the DLT office.

I had the test done and went to the office to explain what I wanted. They contacted Rayong to arrange for the transfer of the green book and I am going back next Wednesday to the DLT inspection side for them to check out the engine and frame numbers and count the cylinders (4) but the old book said 2 and hopefully they will issue a new registration plate the same morning.

Yesterday the cost was 2,211 baht including the test and insurance and as yet I have no price for the new DLT inspection, plate etc so I will let you know that next week.

IIRC there are 2 DLT testing stations in BKK. One is on Sukhumvit road just past Soi 99 on the outbound side and the other is at Chatuchak but I am not sure exactly where. I think it depends on where you live as to the station you go to.

Google has the information you need.

Good luck.

I would also not bother changing the plates.

@billd766 I hope that your green book isn't really a grey book ??

suspicious with only 2 cylinders in the book when its a 4 cylinder engine !

Well it has been knocking around for 10 years and had its annual inspection every year and so far nobody in any DLT has said that it is illegal. It has also has 4 or 5 farang owners before me that I can read in the green book.

Well it has been knocking around for 10 years and had its annual inspection every year and so far nobody in any DLT has said that it is illegal. It has also has 4 or 5 farang owners before me that I can read in the green book.

I wish you good luck and hope the transfer goes smoothly thumbsup.gif

Edited by johng