Watch this Thai driver learn why aggression doesn't pay on the highway...

webfact

Watch this Thai driver learn why aggression doesn't pay on the highway...
by Editor

road-rage-thailand.jpg

We’ve all been there.

Merrily driving along the highway towards our destination when a stubborn-minded minivan encroaches on our precious lane space and cuts us up.

Pretty annoying.

For one driver in a hurry though, this all proved a little too much and he ramped up the road rage in response, only for it to end in inevitable disaster.

Filmed from another driver’s dash cam footage, we can see a speeding sedan cut up by the bully-boy minivan. So far, so normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_sRMBzInts&feature=youtu.be

The sedan then attempts to overtake the minivan several times and, at one point, undertakes him across two lanes in a bid to get around the road-hog.

Full story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/watch-this-thai-driver-learn-why-aggression-doesnt-pay-on-the-highway/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-02-26

An exemplary one, would rate it as a minor incident wink.png

You can find countless such videos in the age of dash-cams.

Some cruel stuff with people killed.

Be warned: don't watch too many of these and you get scary to drive here (like me).

Edited by KhunBENQ

agree with all the above but I will also add - I would lay money that one of his rear tyres needed air (rear right), exceedingly stupid none the less

if you look at the video about 4 secs in you can just see that the car is low on the rear right

Edited by smedly

This is the kind of idiotic behaviour that really gets to me.

I have no real objection to speed on an open highway where you might actually get somewhere faster although generally speaking, if you do the math you might be saving yourself 5 minutes when you realise that you're eventually get caught up in traffic.

What I don't get is this all consuming desire to be one car in front.

This was obviously a busy stretch of road and if you pass one car, you will be stuck behind the next one.

Its lunacy.

And when you go out of control you are putting everybody else's life at risk. Imagine one of those larger trucks trying to avoid this idiot and killing an innocent family.

They really need to start teaching these clowns a lesson...take the car away and throw him in jail for a while. I don't know what the Thai version of reckless endangerment is but if they don't start doing something this country will remain among the most dangerous on the planet drive in.

This is the kind of idiotic behaviour that really gets to me.

I have no real objection to speed on an open highway where you might actually get somewhere faster although generally speaking, if you do the math you might be saving yourself 5 minutes when you realise that you're eventually get caught up in traffic.

What I don't get is this all consuming desire to be one car in front.

This was obviously a busy stretch of road and if you pass one car, you will be stuck behind the next one.

Its lunacy.

And when you go out of control you are putting everybody else's life at risk. Imagine one of those larger trucks trying to avoid this idiot and killing an innocent family.

They really need to start teaching these clowns a lesson...take the car away and throw him in jail for a while. I don't know what the Thai version of reckless endangerment is but if they don't start doing something this country will remain among the most dangerous on the planet drive in.

I hope the large trucks wouldn't try to avoid such a plonker.

Better to plow right through so that other lives are not put at risk.

I watch something similar a couple of weeks ago as a white sedan ran out of lane on a four lane road that narrowed down to two lane. Instead of slowing and merging behind the car in the outside lane, he tried to force his way by on the shoulder and almost ran down a motorcyclist. The sedan braked, speed up and pass the truck, force oncoming traffic off the road, then rammed the truck driving both cars off the road at high speed.

Thai drivers are truly suicidal and aggressive beyond belief. Any joy that I had in driving in the US is long gone since driving here. It's a series of close calls everytime you get on the road.

Edited by connda

When I was stationed in Thailand back in 71 they had 3 lanes.each lane was for the direction you were going.The middle lane was for passing.No lines in the road.So if both cars decided to pass at the same time in opposite directions it could get A little hairy.

When I was stationed in Thailand back in 71 they had 3 lanes.each lane was for the direction you were going.The middle lane was for passing.No lines in the road.So if both cars decided to pass at the same time in opposite directions it could get A little hairy.

I'm assuming the "I refuse to give way" attitude caused a lot of carnage back in the day.

Many times a minivan cut me up on the road, and one time hit my car's side mirror, stopped and the driver attempted to extort me money after knowing I am not Thai. Good the insurance agent came and patched it up. Lesson learned? Stay away from any crazy running minivan.

Edited by yllorco