Cth box new

swbaggies

Afternoon everyone

I have a new cth box and have plugged it in. Everything works fine channel wise. I've just seen a message going across the screen on a ticket in Thai. The only words in English I can make out is cband. Does anyone know what this is referring to?

Thanks

Yes you have KU band and C band the means of how you receive the signal.

From your post you say the channels are fine if that's the case nothing to worry about.

West Ham v Sunderland early doors today enjoy.

COYI.

Edited by stoneyboy

How did you acquire a new box?

I've had no CTH reception for over a week and now I know why.

Luckily I've been able to watch the Stadium channels using my Android box.

CTH are not answering their phone so we were thinking of paying a visit to their BKK office.

How did you acquire a new box?

I've had no CTH reception for over a week and now I know why.

Luckily I've been able to watch the Stadium channels using my Android box.

CTH are not answering their phone so we were thinking of paying a visit to their BKK office.

We are talking about replacement box for GMMZ previous paid service (which ceased operation). If you had CTH service there should not be any change unless you were on one of the cable providers that have lost CTH programs - in that case you need to talk with the provider as to what there policy is. In sum - it has been a real mess.

Remember it probably becomes useful only as a doorstep come May.

A friend of mine had a new black box from CTH a month or so ago, purchased on a 12 month up front contract. Last Wednesday it stopped working - no English channels and no football either. Took the box back to the CTH distributor in town (Surin) and asked them to sort it. "No can do" was the reply. "we already have a shelf full of these boxes and CTH in Bangkok are doing nothing to sort it. I will refund you the balance of your subscription." And he did. Seems these set-top boxes are already being 'bricked' and now only fit for door stops once you lose the channels.

Suspect that may have been cable TV service with channels provided by CTH so no easy alternative (would need DTH antenna) - now the DTH providers such as GMMZ and PSI/RS have also lost CTH programs so any CTH viewing must be using there equipment from Ku band transponders if what we hear is true.