Alfalfa Hay, Chiang Mai

chickens4me

Alfalfa hay sold in Thailand normally comes from the USA. Or it used to. I am informed that because of the long drought in California and the restrictions on water use, supply has dwindled and whatever hay does get purchased is expensive. These days, countries like Vietnam are looking for new places from which to buy hay from. Spain for example.

You can buy Thai made hay ,most Thai made hay is made from Pangolar grass ,which when cut ,the grass is normally to old , and by the time it has been cut, turned ,and bailed ,most of the leaf has fallen off ,leaving mainly grass stems ,which means it does not have a lot of feed value.

Pangolar grass hay, sells for about80-i00 Bart / bale .

Alfalfa hay is better quality by a long way, if you can not get Alfalfa hay ,Pangolar hay could be an alternative ,but not a partially good one.

Guy near me use to feed it to his horse's.

Thanks Kickstart and others for your replies.

Kickstart, the guy who lives near you, is he feeding alfalfa hay or pangola hay to his horses? If it is alfalfa, would you be able to ask him for a phone contact number please so that I could buy some alfalfa hay?

Many thanks

Thanks Kickstart and others for your replies.

Kickstart, the guy who lives near you, is he feeding alfalfa hay or pangola hay to his horses? If it is alfalfa, would you be able to ask him for a phone contact number please so that I could buy some alfalfa hay?

Many thanks

Guy near me feeds Pangola hay , have seen it, first look at it thought it was rice straw .

Could go in to Thai Google and type , in Thai, Yar- Pangolar-Hang , (Dried Pangolar Grass ).