Thailand strictly following ICAO's regulations

webfact

Thailand strictly following ICAO’s regulations

ic.jpg

BANGKOK, 29 February 2016 (NNT) – The Command Center for Resolving Civil Aviation Issues (CRCA) has instructed responsible units to make sure that the country’s aviation system is up to standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

The CRCA has convened a meeting with aviation-related agencies and instructed them to resolve all aviation problems in a timely fashion. The meeting also appointed two working committees to ensure that Thai aviation safety standards are in compliance with the requirements issued by ICAO and the European Aviation Safety Agency’s (EASA).

The first committee will be tasked with studying all requirements and reviewing terms of agreements Thailand has made with ICAO and EASA.

The second committee will be working with a United Kingdom-based consulting company to draw up measures needed to be taken in order for Thailand to avoid sanctions or punishments in the future.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-29 footer_n.gif

Strictly - that's a word which I don't associate with Thailand when is refers to regulations. Which of course is one of the reasons why farangs (including myself) like it here. But I would like it to be applied when it comes to aircraft safety. Lets hope they can do it.

Correction. There are certain regulations which are stricly applied - LM for example, but otherwise, nup.

1. Had a meeting.

2. Issued orders to fix complex problems.

3. Formed committees.

The key ingredients of Thainess.

Certainly enough for the National News Bureau to give a headline that regulations are being strictly followed. I understand 'complete' and 'superficial' are the same when translated into Thai.

The second committee will be working with a United Kingdom-based consulting company to draw up measures needed to be taken in order for Thailand to avoid sanctions or punishments in the future.

So, instead of keeping things proper, they want to know how to avoid punishment in the future?