800k Clarification, Please

Although my wife frequently speaks in a language incomprehensible to me, we are both US citizens. My question is: As a geezer couple, is the requirement 800K for both of us (tough enough) or for each of us (almost impossible) We're moving to Chiang Mai this summer, and I just assumed that we'd be making visa runs four times a year, but after reading the regulations, I think the rule may actually be 800k for the both of us. Anyone have direct knowledge? Thanks. walker

Dr. Pat: Here is one you haven't answered before, I bet.

Assume that two persons of the same sex marry legally in the countries and states that now permit it.

Can the same sex couple come into Thailand on the same retirement extention as a opposite sex couple can as you posted above?

I know it will require a guess to some extent, but would enjoy your thinking on this point. Thanks

Dr. Pat: Here is one you haven't answered before, I bet.

Assume that two persons of the same sex marry legally in the countries and states that now permit it.

Can the same sex couple come into Thailand on the same retirement extention as a opposite sex couple can as you posted above?

I know it will require a guess to some extent, but would enjoy your thinking on this point. Thanks

That'd be tricky indeed. The way Thailand works is quaint. If the nice bossman in Immigration says NO, that'd be the end of it. It wouldn't be appealable. The other big problem would be that nobody would want to really take a decision, so it'd end up in the Too Hard File for a long long time.