Chiang Mai IO Queue

If you come at 7am it should be fine, there are 3 categories and they are giving out 20 queue numbers each. Last June when I got my marriage extension I was there at 6:30 and got number 4. That was before they move all the retirement stuff to Promenada.

No chance. The only way is to arrive there at 11. pm the night before and camp outside all night. And I`m really not joking. If you want quick, then use an agency.

Well, I got there at 5am and there were already 20 people queuing. I wonder what time the first guy got there because he looks like he had not slept at all. The first number was called at 8:45am. It was cool and the mosquitos were unusually active. Personally, the wait was a horrible experience.

I have made it clear to my wife that, were she ever minded to move to Chiang Mai, I would divorce her and move back to the UK forthwith.

My grounds of divorce (if it ever came to that) would be the brazen incompetence of the immigration office there (as clearly evident from both this thread and countless others)!crazy.gif

• Like 1

I have made it clear to my wife that, were she ever minded to move to Chiang Mai, I would divorce her and move back to the UK forthwith.

My grounds of divorce (if it ever came to that) would be the brazen incompetence of the immigration office there (as clearly evident from both this thread and countless others)!crazy.gif

"brazen incompetence" or demand which exceeds available resource ?

Some never stop to think before indulging a a bit of Thai bashing.

• Like 1

Marriage extension is still a walk in the park compared to what retirees are forced to go through. One could of course blame that on the huge amount of older farang population in CNX. But more realistically on agents and their "cooperation" with officials. Best example G4T.