Seeking a particular solar inverter.

Crossy

Help!!

OK, having failed with a Google search and been deafened by the silence of the manufacturer, I turn to the Thaivisa oracle.

I want to buy an "InfiniSolar Plus 5kW" inverter as described on this page http://www.voltronicpower.com/oCart2/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=73

Many suppliers have the 3kW unit but I need the extra smarts and control outputs provided by the 5kW PLUS model.

If anyone has seen a similar unit from a different manufacturer I would also be interested.

IMPORTANT It is essential that the unit can export to the grid, there are loads of hybrids about that can switch to grid when the batteries run out, I want to run with a minimally sized battery bank for the UPS functionality.

If I can't find one I'll go with the 3kW unit but I'll have to build a load of additional controls and load shedding gumpf, interesting but I'm after the easy life right now :)

Have you looked at the Goodwe Hybrid inverters?

Not in the PEA/MEA approved inverters list though..

Looks like their website is down, here's a PDF: http://www.solar-bazaar.com/menuis/GoodWe-ES-HYBRID-PPT.pdf

And here's a website that looks like they have the same content as the manufacturer anyway:

http://www.solazone.ph/index.php/solar-power/inverters/goodwe-grid-inverters

Edited by IMHO

The manufacturer seems to be wiling to deal direct with consumers - but I guess you'll need to wait for their website to work.

Unfortunately I don't have the manual - I never got that far with it wink.png

All I can tell you is that I was quoted USD$1598 FOB for the 5.4Kw hybrid inverter 2 years ago. I'm gonna bet they're cheaper now.

Edited by IMHO

We shall see when the site returns.

I've had a Chinese friend email the InfiniSolar manufacturers in case they're not speaking Engrish.

EDIT Goodwe site is up, downloading English manual.

EDIT2 Not nearly as smart as the InfiniSolar unit, no genset input, no external relay controls :(

We shall see when the site returns.

I've had a Chinese friend email the InfiniSolar manufacturers in case they're not speaking Engrish.

EDIT Goodwe site is up, downloading English manual.

EDIT2 Not nearly as smart as the InfiniSolar unit, no genset input, no external relay controls sad.png

Yep, the search for my ideal inverter also continues, after several years, so I know how you feel!

In your case, perhaps look at a multi-component system? i.e. a regular grid-tie inverter for exporting your PV production, then a separate system again for UPS/Genset changeover?

..I have recently installed a Schneider Conext RL3000E (3Kw) Inverter incorporating 12 solar panels, no battery, only connected to the grid.

The AC/DC Control box is situated right n ear my computer so I can see activity on the Inverter boxes screen.

I am waiting on installation of USB cable so I can monitor.

All seems to be performing well...I have had two monthly power bills which have reduced my costs by 25% (this was with 6 panels)..now Im waiting for the next months' bill to see the full extent with 12 panels.

Schneider have an online manual which I downloaded. The company do include a hard copy.

The panels are Dutch, recommended by the installer, but are of a superior quality.

The company has an Australian trained Engineer (Khun Thanad) and a quality Electronics Electrician, both speak excellent English and communicate well. (Sorry to say the office staff are just not in the race).

From what I can gather the AC does not operate back to the grid on Sundays..must be the day of high demand...it also appears you don't get any crediting to the grid unless you have nominal usage!

Im waiting for this to be explained in depth.

Company: Engineo. (REI International Co., Ltd. Lat Krabang, Bangkok, ChiangMai office on the ChangPruak Rd from moat to Super Hwy, just before traffic lights where one way becomes two way (northern bus station is at rear).

Total cost to supply and install THB160,000.

Hope this info is of assistance.

Edited by rodcourt49

Hmm, have to consider for my possible installation. That system as listed by rodcourt49 would have a breakeven time in about 40 months for my normal level of usage. Have to check the electrical billing rates if there is a capital recovery portion or a minimum usage charge.

I just noticed that the MPP Solar Hybrid inverters look just like your Infinisolar one:

http://www.mppsolar.com/v3/mpi-hybrid-series-2/

And that on their eBay page, it even shows the Infinisolar brand on it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3000w-Solar-Hybrid-inverter-charger-power-off-grid-grid-max-PV-input-4500w-/141895814740?hash=item2109a64e54

But they are only advertising the 1P 3kW and 3P 10kW models... maybe worth contacting them?

Hmm, have to consider for my possible installation. That system as listed by rodcourt49 would have a breakeven time in about 40 months for my normal level of usage. Have to check the electrical billing rates if there is a capital recovery portion or a minimum usage charge.

Are you sure about your math? 40 months would be an awfully fast payback...

This calculator is excellent for working out close-to-actual grid-tie yields: http://pvwatts.nrel.gov/

For grid-tie systems, around 50 Baht per Watt seems to be the market price, fully installed.

I just noticed that the MPP Solar Hybrid inverters look just like your Infinisolar one:

http://www.mppsolar.com/v3/mpi-hybrid-series-2/

And that on their eBay page, it even shows the Infinisolar brand on it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3000w-Solar-Hybrid-inverter-charger-power-off-grid-grid-max-PV-input-4500w-/141895814740?hash=item2109a64e54

But they are only advertising the 1P 3kW and 3P 10kW models... maybe worth contacting them?

I just followed up with MPP Solar.

The 5kW/dual-MPPT version of your "Infinisolar" inverter is still undergoing testing - no ETA on launch date yet.. That's why you can't find it for sale anywhere ;)

The 3kW versions will be getting an upgrade later next month that allows up to 6 units to be parallel connected.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update, the Thai 'agent' was useless, refused to communicate anything by email, only by phone, never got a price or availability out of him.

Went back to InfiniSolar and they came up with a Taiwan retailer who would ship to Thailand. Good communications and the 5kW 'Plus' is available. Just waiting for price and delivery costs.

Will post back when I know more :)

<snip>Total cost to supply and install THB160,000.

the info would be informative knowing your savings in Baht which can be compared with total Baht investment.

percentages don't "assist" wai2.gif

<snip>Total cost to supply and install THB160,000.

the info would be informative knowing your savings in Baht which can be compared with total Baht investment.

percentages don't "assist" wai2.gif

Since the Schneider Conext RL3000E is a pure grid-tie inverter rather than a hybrid with battery backup it is of no relevance to this thread.

A quick update, the Thai 'agent' was useless, refused to communicate anything by email, only by phone, never got a price or availability out of him.

Went back to InfiniSolar and they came up with a Taiwan retailer who would ship to Thailand. Good communications and the 5kW 'Plus' is available. Just waiting for price and delivery costs.

Will post back when I know more smile.png

Do also tell us how you go with import duties ;)

Do also tell us how you go with import duties wink.png

Absolutely smile.png

IIRC solar inverters are duty exempt, but I can't find them here http://igtf.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp

EDIT According to this page http://www.dutycalculator.com/hs-lookup/18408/hs-tariff-code-for-solar-inverter/ duty exempt, 7% VAT

Do also tell us how you go with import duties wink.png

Absolutely smile.png

IIRC solar inverters are duty exempt, but I can't find them here http://igtf.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp

EDIT According to this page http://www.dutycalculator.com/hs-lookup/18408/hs-tariff-code-for-solar-inverter/ duty exempt, 7% VAT

Yes, they are meant to be duty-free. I just wonder what reality is :)

Got my quote smile.png

This is the inverter http://www.opti-solar.com/english/pt_SP_%20Premium.en.html the "SP-5000 Premium" is the same inverter as the "InfiniSolar 5000 Plus" which was my initial search.

$1,934 (67,500 Baht) plus $190 (6,600 Baht) DHL shipping = $2,124 (74,170 Baht) assuming I get the zero duty that's 79,400 Baht including VAT.

Compared with the 50 - 75k being asked by AmornSolar for their pure on-grid 5kW units it's not out of the park it being a very configurable hybrid with built in generator transfer and inverter bypass control.

Here's the manual:-

SP5000 Premium manual-20160301.pdf

Thoughts anyone?

Got my quote smile.png

This is the inverter http://www.opti-solar.com/english/pt_SP_%20Premium.en.html the "SP-5000 Premium" is the same inverter as the "InfiniSolar 5000 Plus" which was my initial search.

$1,934 (67,500 Baht) plus $190 (6,600 Baht) DHL shipping = $2,124 (74,170 Baht) assuming I get the zero duty that's 79,400 Baht including VAT.

Compared with the 50 - 75k being asked by AmornSolar for their pure on-grid 5kW units it's not out of the park it being a very configurable hybrid with built in generator transfer and inverter bypass control.

attachicon.gifSP5000 Premium manual-20160301.pdf

Thoughts anyone?

My first reaction is, it's the more than the price of 2x 3000w inverters of the same series - i.e. about 25K Baht more than I expected, seeing as it's not a big EU brand.

Got my quote smile.png

attachicon.gifSP5000 Premium manual-20160301.pdf

Thoughts anyone?

My first reaction is, it's the more than the price of 2x 3000w inverters of the same series - i.e. about 25K Baht more than I expected, seeing as it's not a big EU brand.

Indeed, but it does have rather more smarts than the 3kW units.

The jury is still out on this, 2 x 3kW (once the parallel operation option is available) plus the necessary control gubbins for the genset and bypass which I would have to design and build would likely be cheaper but physically bigger.

Let's see if the Aliexpress sellers get it soon, I'm in no great rush :)

3k units are $950 from MPP Solar on Aliexpress, plus 150 for DHL (for two) = $2050 + VAT / Duty.

So about $75 bucks cheaper than the 5k unit (before import stuff).

To be honest, if I charge my time at my normal rates I cannot justify spending time designing around the 3k units.

3k units are $950 from MPP Solar on Aliexpress, plus 150 for DHL (for two) = $2050 + VAT / Duty.

To be honest, if I charge my time at my normal rates I cannot justify spending time designing around the 3k units.

Just 2 days ago the 3000w ones were selling for 30K Baht + 2.2K baht shipping on eBay.. now they're 40K + 4K Baht shipping... sad.png

Edited by IMHO

Just 2 days ago the 3000w ones were selling for 30K Baht + 2.2K baht shipping on eBay.. now they're 40K + 4K Baht shipping... sad.png

Yeah, I thought they were rather cheaper on Aliexpress, evidently someone has had a 'word' :(

inflayshun!

• 4 weeks later...

solar inverter converts the variable direct current output of a photovoltaic solar panel into a utility frequency alternating current that can be fed into a commercial electrical grid or used by a local, off-grid electrical network. You can get solar inverters online or locally, many online portals sells solar panel inverters.

solar inverter converts the variable direct current output of a photovoltaic solar panel into a utility frequency alternating current that can be fed into a commercial electrical grid or used by a local, off-grid electrical network. You can get solar inverters online or locally, many online portals sells solar panel inverters.

And the purpose of this post is what exactly?

If you had actually read the thread you would know that our OP (me) already knows this. I am seeking a specific set of functionality, do you have a source?

• 1 month later...

This new vendor just showed up on Aliexpress, and they seem to be selling that inverter you want, along with a new series (iGrid SV) with lower PV voltage range, and cheaper prices:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1953446?spm=2114.10010108.100005.3.anYApF

Edit: I contacted one vendor a few weeks ago with some questions re: genset input, and they were very clear that only inverter type gensets will work. The standard Honda-copy 5kW'ish ones we get here for under 20K Baht won't produce clean enough power for them.

Edited by IMHO

Yes Crossy. As i know everyone knows that how it works. Recently i purchased solar inverter (Luminous Solar NXG Inverter 1500VA / 24V) online at BatteryBhai.com. It's Pure and highly regulated sine wave output for better performance & safety to the connected load.

Yes Crossy. As i know everyone knows that how it works. Recently i purchased solar inverter (Luminous Solar NXG Inverter 1500VA / 24V) online at BatteryBhai.com. It's Pure and highly regulated sine wave output for better performance & safety to the connected load.

Does it have the functionality I require as detailed earlier in this thread?