Average Farmland Price in Nakhon Sawan

b4n9

Gentleman, I'm talking here about farmland, Moderator if I'm posting in the wrong place, please feel free to move it to right place.

I did a little research in Muang Nakhon Sawan (west side only), I have interest in buy a piece of land to give as a gift to my daughter (she is khon Thai), but I'm not so sure about the prices here in this area.

Here follow what I found so far. please someone from this area with local knowledge of the market, could you please give me some advice about prices, flood land, etc.. In my humble opinion, it is overpriced.

the cheapest price I found was 350K per Rai (15KM from downtown).

..in between found 2 more places at the price of 700K (13KM from downtown).

The most expensive was 1,300K per Rai beside Chaopraya University (11KM from Downtown - actually they have a lot of places for sale in this region, all the same price).

All prices above have title deed, access to main road (asphalt), water and electricity.

Prices ranges between 350K and 1,300K per Rai (with title deed, water and electricity - all legal) depends on location of course, close to Downtown prices rises.

Also found places 40KM away from city, with reasonably price around 40K, 50K, 60K, 80K per Rai but all has no title deed (have Nor Sor Som / Sam - <deleted> is that? they told me it is not possible to build a house for now, but soon! Mai Cautiai nakrap! Are they trying to sell something illegal?!? no papers at all, that was what I understood with my poor Thai skills).

I'm looking for 2 or 3 Rai with title deed, access to main road, water and electricity. between 20km and 30km from Muang Nakhon Sawan (west side only), the price that I'm willing to pay is no more than 100K per Rai, please let me know if I'm dreaming about this price. ahahha

I found those prices in Hua Hin ad Samui, but Nakhon Sawan is just another average Thai city, nothing special about the place, but prices are up here!

Thank you fellas!

Edited by b4n9

I guess I'm 80 -100km west of the area you're looking at, so unsure if my info is of any use,, I'm closer to suphanburi maybe 17km, we're just under 3km from main 340 highway with access to highway by govt maintained cement and a Tarmac roads, at the time we had water service running past our land but nearest electric was over 400 Mtrs to run, cost was I think 150k to run electric, (minus 50k govt grant) for the land we paid just over 100k per rai 4 years ago that's with full title,, prices around here now vary around 130 - 160k per rai, 3km from 340,,, no probs with me during the big floods, with the exception of the 340 being blocked in places en route to bkk. Best checking on the notice board of the local amphur for better priced land sales

I guess I'm 80 -100km west of the area you're looking at, so unsure if my info is of any use,, I'm closer to suphanburi maybe 17km, we're just under 3km from main 340 highway with access to highway by govt ..

I appreciate your input @jonnyscot.

I knew the price were a bit over, even if you are not in my location but close. The cost to run electricity is high, maybe solar as an option!? I will compare it. I will check with my local Amphur thanks to reminder that.

I also looked at the solar option before installing the electric line, but cost for replacing batteries etc,,, was the decision maker, in uk my brother has his house hooked to solar and supplying to the grid, so no requirement for batteries, but at the time we looked into it it didn't seem to be an option, in our area anyway,,,, there is cheaper options of installing electric depending on type of poles you use, also considerations to think of is asking permission from other landowners to install electric poles on their land if you can get a shorter route from the nearest existing electricity supply

In addition to distance from the nearest town distance from main road, ie.. 15km from town just at the side of the main road may be in the region of 200k to 300k, whereas same distance from town but 2 km off main road down a cement track may be a significantly lower price,

There is an entire plethora of price ranges in any area. Road access, electrical access, land title, water access all count in measuring the lands worth.

Thank you @Gonsalviz. I'm taking it all into consideration.

I also looked at the solar option before installing the electric line, but cost for replacing batteries etc,,, was the decision maker, in uk my brother has his house hooked to solar and supplying to the grid, so no requirement for batteries, but at the time we looked into it it didn't seem to be an option, in our area anyway,,,, there is cheaper options of installing electric depending on type of poles you use, also considerations to think of is asking permission from other landowners to install electric poles on their land if you can get a shorter route from the nearest existing electricity supply

We have already 2 Rai with no access to water, electricity and the rural road is 4km away, my sister in law and her husband is our only neighbour there and they use only solar energy, it seems to work very well for them, but they do not have aircon, only a few lights, TV, radio and an old fridge. The drinking water is a major problem, they need to buy, water for agriculture they dug a well and two ponds but water is very dirty only for agriculture. Also the property is 65km from Nakhon Sawan, that's the motive I'm looking for something closer to the city, I do not want to drive long distances everyday.

Do you know if it is possible in Thailand to sell the excess to the grid? That's an option to consider. The lands I had visited, the poles was right in front of the land, since it is located close to the cross from the Asia Road.

Cheers!

In addition to distance from the nearest town distance from main road, ie.. 15km from town just at the side of the main road may be in the region of 200k to 300k, whereas same distance from town but 2 km off main road down a cement track may be a significantly lower price,

I'll drive around, and take this into consideration, narrow cement roads close to some village, perhaps following the electric cables. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...