Where to get easy and fast SETV

Hi there,

my SETV is going to expire next thursday and I have to leave Thailand. What is the easiest embassy to get a new SETV ? I have 3 SETV in my passport so far and only one extension. This SETV will be also my last one.Is Vientiane a good option ? I need a fast service

Thank you for your answer.

Vientiane is a good choice but where did you get the 3 SETV's from?

2 are from Prague and one from Hong Kong.

In that case you should have no problem getting one from Vientiane. Savannakhet, Laos and Penang, Malaysia are also good choices.

Vientiane or Penang,

I would go for Vientiane, easier, grab a Laos airline ticket for +/- 130 UDS (both ways), arrive straight in the city (5mn tuk tuk), 1-2 nights and your out.

The embassy is very smooth now, took me 1hour to give my passport and 1hour the day after to collect it, it used to take like 4 hours before.

OOOR you can choose the "cheap charly tour", 12 hours bus, tired, slow border pass,tired, wait, switch bus,tired, wait, grab another tuk tuk,tired, wait, etc etc.

Vientiane or Penang,

I would go for Vientiane, easier, grab a Laos airline ticket for +/- 130 UDS (both ways), arrive straight in the city (5mn tuk tuk), 1-2 nights and your out.

The embassy is very smooth now, took me 1hour to give my passport and 1hour the day after to collect it, it used to take like 4 hours before.

OOOR you can choose the "cheap charly tour", 12 hours bus, tired, slow border pass,tired, wait, switch bus,tired, wait, grab another tuk tuk,tired, wait, etc etc.

I would obtain the setv in Vientiane also. Only difference is you could fly to udon thani stay the night and minibus next morning about 7 or 8 to border. Easy run then onto embassy. The AirAsia flight to udon should be cheap, however you have left it late

Lion air has a flight to udon arrive at 7.30 am and get a minivan straight to the border 200 baht and then to the embassy. Return 2500 baht and they have a fleet of brand new 737-900"s

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Lion air has a flight to udon arrive at 7.30 am and get a minivan straight to the border 200 baht and then to the embassy. Return 2500 baht and they have a fleet of brand new 737-900"s

Good work. AA has the return for about 1800 but they do not have early flight like you point out with Lion. So with aa the op would need 2 nights there. However I like udon. No problem

Good work. AA has the return for about 1800 but they do not have early flight like you point out with Lion. So with aa the op would need 2 nights there. However I like udon. No problem

Check out Laos Airline (next time maybe)

I had a 130 USD ticket for both way BKK -> VNE all taxes included, so it's like 2,300 baht / way, no need to take another bus / tuk tuk or to spend night anywhere.

Flight's 1 hour and the airport in Vientiane is "in town".

OP just re read your op. Was your last setv extended. If not you could. Still better fly out and come back with visa exempt stamp which you can extend by 30

I didnt extend my last visa. Im leaving Thailand in May for 2 months and then come back with METV or Thailand Elite visa. I was thinking that if I do my visa now again I dont have to worry and relax later. But this brings me a question.

What if I would extend my setv now and then in april just fly out and back in and get a visa exemption stamp. Would that be better ?

OP just re read your op. Was your last setv extended. If not you could. Still better fly out and come back with visa exempt stamp which you can extend by 30

I didnt extend my last visa. Im leaving Thailand in May for 2 months and then come back with METV or Thailand Elite visa. I was thinking that if I do my visa now again I dont have to worry and relax later. But this brings me a question.

What if I would extend my setv now and then in april just fly out and back in and get a visa exemption stamp. Would that be better ?

You could get the 30 day extension and then do an out and back for a visa exempt entry.

Getting another tourist visa might be easier dependent upon where you apply for the extension and where you go for the visa exempt.

That's what I would do. You don't have history of stamps in pp from what you stated. Remember you can also extend visa exempt stamps. Just work out how long you need be here. You can even take short holiday (best if visa not required)

You could get the 30 day extension and then do an out and back for a visa exempt entry.

Getting another tourist visa might be easier dependent upon where you apply for the extension and where you go for the visa exempt.

I would apply for extension in Rayong immigration and then for the visa exeption entry, it would be Swampy or Don Mueang. I can get only 15 days from land border so thats not a option for me.

The thing is that last time I arrived in Suvarnabhumi the immigration officer asked me why I have a lot visas. I said 3 and only one extension is not a lot but he insisted on his opinion. After 2 minutes of questions if I work here and bla bla bla he let me in. Maybe Im too young (21) so thats why. But I worry that this time they would ask more question. Or they would give me red stamp.

Vientiane or Penang,

Hi Pepper9187,

How did you find a place to stay in Laos?

I've always used the 'Cheap charlie' ;-) option, simply because I hate doing things for myself. I'd much rather just pay someone so I can avoid the hassle.

But I hate the damn bus trip so if there is an easier and safer way I'd like to try it.

Thanks

The thing is that last time I arrived in Suvarnabhumi the immigration officer asked me why I have a lot visas. I said 3 and only one extension is not a lot but he insisted on his opinion. After 2 minutes of questions if I work here and bla bla bla he let me in. Maybe Im too young (21) so thats why. But I worry that this time they would ask more question. Or they would give me red stamp.

The last time I flew into Don Muang from Macau I came in on a visa exempt. There is no Thai consulate in Macau so I was not able to get a visa.

The immigration woman flicked through my passport for a while, then said 'You have no visa'.

I replied, sorry I've come from Macau where there is no consulate.

She asked how long I was planning to stay and I smiled and said a month, knowing that was all I would get on a visa exempt entry.

After another flick through my passport she stamped me in.

I've been living in Bangkok for 7 years and this was the first time I've been asked anything by immigration.

My 30 days is almost up (March 9 it expires), so I will either go to Chaeng Wattana tomorrow and apply for a 30 day extension or wait until Monday and do it.

When the 30 day extension is over I'll need to get another SETV. My last double entry TR was from Vientiane in August. I'll be going back there for my SETV.

I had a 130 USD ticket for both way BKK -> VNE all taxes included, so it's like 2,300 baht / way, no need to take another bus / tuk tuk or to spend night anywhere.

I just checked Laos Airlines and return BKK - VTE -BKK when I need to go is USD 307.

I won't be doing that this time.

The quickest and cheapest as mentioned visa exempt. My Last run was same day turn around Malaysia 2600 baht AA and then extension 1900 baht

You fly out and back on same day ? Is that possible to Malaysia ? I want to do same day return also if it would be possible.

Edited by megapix

The quickest and cheapest as mentioned visa exempt. My Last run was same day turn around Malaysia 2600 baht AA and then extension 1900 baht

You fly you and in on same day ? Is that possible to Malaysia ? I want to do same day return also if it would be possible.
Yep Kuala Lumpur. It's about 2 hours flight time go in the morning and come back in the afternoon without leaving the airport with air asia

Actually the new new terminal has the most incredible and cheap food court, dozens of stalls, simply amazing.

Vientiane or Penang,

Hi Pepper9187,

I've always used the 'Cheap charlie' ;-) option, simply because I hate doing things for myself. I'd much rather just pay someone so I can avoid the hassle.

But I hate the damn bus trip so if there is an easier and safer way I'd like to try it.

Thanks

You are joking right? A place to stay? Agoda, Booking.com etc. Ok. Get a flight to Udon Thani, If you fly with Nok Air you will get a transport to the border and then on to your hotel in Vientiane.

Make the application in the morning, pick up visa following day. Hotels, im not sure how much you want to spend but get somewhere near the river or 1km back and then proceed to drink a few beer Loas and eat a few baguettes.

Vientiane or Penang,

Hi Pepper9187,

Thanks

You are joking right? A place to stay? Agoda, Booking.com etc. Ok. Get a flight to Udon Thani, If you fly with Nok Air you will get a transport to the border and then on to your hotel in Vientiane.

Make the application in the morning, pick up visa following day. Hotels, im not sure how much you want to spend but get somewhere near the river or 1km back and then proceed to drink a few beer Loas and eat a few baguettes.

With the visa run service to Laos (which a quick check of my passports shows I've used 4 times in the last 7 years), you don't need to think about anything.

But thanks for the info that Nok air provide transport to the hotel in Vientiane. I was worried I'd have to mess around negotiating with van or tuk tuk drivers a rate to take me.

Whenever I've stayed in a hotel they have always been booked (and usually paid for) by someone else.

Vientiane or Penang,

Hi Pepper9187,

Thanks

Just go anywhere near the night market (river side) nice and cheap hotels (300 to 2,000 baht) and GREAT foreign restaurants / bars.

U don't really need to book in advance for Vientiane, but if you want to play it safe, then yes smt like Agoda.com is enough

• Like 1

Vientiane or Penang,

Hi Pepper9187,

Thanks

Just go anywhere near the night market (river side) nice and cheap hotels (300 to 2,000 baht) and GREAT foreign restaurants / bars.

U don't really need to book in advance for Vientiane, but if you want to play it safe, then yes smt like Agoda.com is enough

Thank you, that is really helpful.

I may just use Agoda so I know what I'm getting and can plan the trip to the Embassy in the morning etc.

you can fly utapao to kl, singapore ( 890 baht ) or panang, all air asia

Ahaha good luck with that.

Now their lowest promotion for :

* Penang is1,690 Baht per way

* KL is 1,190 Baht per way

* SG is 1,190 Baht per way

and good luck, it's only valid for a POS between 1st July till 30 September :

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion.page?rr=rr0640709&icid=iag224hpmba

Hmm you must have got super lucky. Never seen anything close to that over many years