Talk Talk Phone / Internet In Uk

slippery when wet

Hi all.

I'm hoping to connect to Talk Talk for their phone and internet package but have been told that I will need a BT line.

However if I sign up with BT I guess that I'm going to be tied into a contract. I have had differing reports from how long the contract will be. I also guess that I can buy myself out of a contract with BT but wouldn't they cut the line off so that no one can use it.

Also when I have phoned Talk talk on two occasions they have sais that I will have a 3 month contract and other times they have said that there is no contract. The same when I have phoned Bt...no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

Any ideas...how have you changed over from cable to talktalk???

Hi all.

I'm hoping to connect to Talk Talk for their phone and internet package but have been told that I will need a BT line.

However if I sign up with BT I guess that I'm going to be tied into a contract. I have had differing reports from how long the contract will be. I also guess that I can buy myself out of a contract with BT but wouldn't they cut the line off so that no one can use it.

Also when I have phoned Talk talk on two occasions they have sais that I will have a 3 month contract and other times they have said that there is no contract. The same when I have phoned Bt...no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

Any ideas...how have you changed over from cable to talktalk???

When you sign up with Talk talk they take over the Bt Line that costs you about GBP18, this is the same amount you would have to pay if you relinquished a BT line. I am pretty sure you are signed into Talk talk for a few months more than 3, but I guess they could have offers on that.

Whatever happens in my opinion you basically need a BT line , what is the alternative NTL? forget them they do not answer phone and even tell you you will have to wait in excess of 10 mins whilst paying for call when their service has failed. BT calls to service are free! (even if you do end up talking to India where they can't even order you any mail outs from!! (this is the 1st world Britain of today).

Most any internet offer requires a BT line if not tied into some cowboys like NTL, where you are left with no choice.

Talk Talk seem to me to be one of those companies like NTL that sell cheaper than they can provide any service on, and I have read on some other board that it takes a long time to actually get service too.

I gleaned all this from a walk round Southampton including 2 talk talk shops and hope it is an accurate recollection. :o

Edited by fisherd3