Pattaya Gold Shop owner drugged and tricked by fake gold seller

webfact

Pattaya Gold Shop owner drugged and tricked by fake gold seller

steal-3.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Late on Wednesday Night a 71-year-old Gold Shop owner reported being scammed out of more than 50,000 Baht by a man who was arrested upon his return to the shop.

Police arrested Khun Pakdee aged 46 following information given to Police by Khun Wichorp, the shop owner. He described how the man initially went to the shop with two Gold Necklaces which he claimed were worth 150,000 Baht.

The shop owner was offered a drink by Khun Pakdee and remembers handing over 52,000 Baht pending tests on the gold to ensure it was real. Khun Pakdee claimed he needed money urgently and agreed to take the part payment.

Tests revealed the gold was fake and Police decided to organize an undercover operation whereby the store owner contacted Khun Pakdee and requested more jewelry from him.

The suspect arrived with 2 fake diamond rings, 1 fake gold bracelet and 2 fake amulets and was arrested by Police who were hiding inside the shop.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221916/pattaya-gold-shop-owner-drugged-tricked-fake-gold-seller/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-03-04

So, you're a gold shop owner, a position that takes all your alertness of scoundrels and cheats and you accept

a drink from one who's trying to sell you gold....

I think you should be selling som tam until you learn how to be a smart gold trader......

Gold shop owner accepted a drink from a man who enters his shop wanting to sell gold.

What a plonker, he must have left his brains at home that morning trusting a man not known to him. In a business like his you can trust nobody.

Movie script:

one officer hides in the back office, one under the counter, another behind the owner and the last one disguised as a store mannequin loaded down with bracelets and necklaces. ding-ding-ding

Enters the suspect. da-da-ra-da

Undercover cops jump out. crash-boom-bang-doiiinggg (except for the mannequin who is too heavy to move)

Suspect, surprised and shocked, offers: drink, anyone? Ta-daaah!

Movie script:

one officer hides in the back office, one under the counter, another behind the owner and the last one disguised as a store mannequin loaded down with bracelets and necklaces. ding-ding-ding

Undercover cops jump out. crash-boom-bang-doiiinggg (except for the mannequin who is too heavy to move)

Ok.

Movie script:

You forgot the whistle and 'booooooooing' noises.

When you sell gold to any of these gold shop owners, the first thing they do is weigh it.

Having weighed the items, he would have immediately known that they were not gold.

This particular owner must be an absolute novice if he does not even follow the first

rule of gold trading! His future in the trade looks bleak indeed.

That guy on the right in the photo is a terrific undercover cop as I would have NEVER guessed him to be one of the BIB as he is way too fugly even for them.

I guess you must be a bit of an oil painting to justify that personal attack? Who said he was an undercover officer anyway and what's the relevance even if he was?

Undercover officers generally don't pose for photos, you know, they're undercover so best they remain anonymous.

When you sell gold to any of these gold shop owners, the first thing they do is weigh it.

Having weighed the items, he would have immediately known that they were not gold.

This particular owner must be an absolute novice if he does not even follow the first

Did it not occur to you that fake gold is manufactured to weigh the same as real gold? Perhaps you're the absolute novice here?

Did it not occur to you that fake gold is manufactured to weigh the same as real gold? Perhaps you're the absolute novice here?

Oh! Really?

Please tell me, and the rest of the Forum, how this is done. My comment was really based on Archimedes' Principal, perhaps

you have heard of it? But I am open to being corrected by people more knowledgeable than myself.

Oh! Really?

Please tell me, and the rest of the Forum, how this is done. My comment was really based on Archimedes' Principal, perhaps

you have heard of it? But I am open to being corrected by people more knowledgeable than myself.

No way would I be more knowledgable... I failed chemistry big time.... But.... I think that the only way to successfully fool a gullible mark, would be to gold plate some lead, as it's a similar weight, but I would suspect that this would only work on ingots.... And aforementioned gullible marks.

Personally, I think it's all rather funny.... A gold dealer, who I would suspect of ripping off customers, is instead ripped of himself... And the finger pointing fairly screams "that's the kuntos, right there!"

Oh! Really?

No way would I be more knowledgable... I failed chemistry big time.... But.... I think that the only way to successfully fool a gullible mark, would be to gold plate some lead, as it's a similar weight, but I would suspect that this would only work on ingots.... And aforementioned gullible marks.

Personally, I think it's all rather funny.... A gold dealer, who I would suspect of ripping off customers, is instead ripped of himself... And the finger pointing fairly screams "that's the kuntos, right there!"

Lead has a Spec mass of approx 11.3, gold 19.3.

Maybe plate some tungsten or uranium, 19.6 and 18.9. The latter may give off a nice shiny glow just like gold.

Edited by Reigntax