Price of Diesel

pieeyed

Hello. I went to fill up my Captiva diesel this afternoon at a Shell station on Ekamai, Bangkok. The price for V-Power Nitro diesel is 24.73 baht/liter. What the hell happened to the price of diesel? I am sure last week it was 22.xx baht /liter. When oil was $115 usd/bbl V-Power was 26.xx. Oil is $30 to $35 usd/bbl and now V-Power diesel is almost 25 baht/ltr. Is the government getting greedy again?

I filled my car up in the UK last week.

Be thankful your in Thailand,before I left I filled mine up at PTT it was 1600 baht or £32.

As I said last week I filled up my hire car in the UK it was £66 or 3300 baht.

That's expensive.

Don't think you can blame the Gov't - try blaming Big Oil. Been bent over by them for years, and no sign it will ever end. But then they are the Government in the Western part of the Globe anyway. Remember the Golden Rule - He Who has the Gold Makes the Rules. As an aside - last 15 years fuel prices in Canada have closely mirrored prices here.

in January diesel was about 19.29 bht litre, diesel+ was about 23.50 bht litre about 4 baht higher.

todays diesel is about 21.25 bht litre with a assume deisel + being 4 bht ish higher

historic diesel prices are

2006 15 bht lite,

2002 14 bht litre,

2004 15 bht litre,

2006 24 bht litre,

2008 23 bht litre,

2010 29 bht litre,

2012 30 bht litre,

rising to a high of 32.33 in mar 2012, then a stable 30 bht for 2 years followed by a slow drop to jan's price of 19.29 baht

in January diesel was about 19.29 bht litre, diesel+ was about 23.50 bht litre about 4 baht higher.

todays diesel is about 21.25 bht litre with a assume deisel + being 4 bht ish higher

2006 15 bht lite,

2002 14 bht litre,

2004 15 bht litre,

2006 24 bht litre,

2008 23 bht litre,

2010 29 bht litre,

2012 30 bht litre,

rising to a high of 32.33 in mar 2012, then a stable 30 bht for 2 years followed by a slow drop to jan's price of 19.29 baht

Every province its same price?

One week ago in Bangkok get 20.74 after few hour in Chiang mai 21.4 or near .

Hello. I went to fill up my Captiva diesel this afternoon at a Shell station on Ekamai, Bangkok. The price for V-Power Nitro diesel is 24.73 baht/liter. What the hell happened to the price of diesel? I am sure last week it was 22.xx baht /liter. When oil was $115 usd/bbl V-Power was 26.xx. Oil is $30 to $35 usd/bbl and now V-Power diesel is almost 25 baht/ltr. Is the government getting greedy again?

your price quotes seem incorrect. When oil was at $115$, diesel was above 30 baht, now it's just above 20 baht. Also bear in mind that you pay 3 baht per liter into the government oil fund.

About n30 Bht per L in Perth Aust. right now. But I am doing a 1000k a week to get to work and back.So Thai prices not too bad and I suspect most people don't drive the sort of diststances we do in this part of the world. On the other hand cars are a lot cheaper - but servicing is way more expensive. Fuel prices we are told, are going to rise over the year.

2006 15 bht lite,

2002 14 bht litre,

2004 15 bht litre,

2006 24 bht litre,

2008 23 bht litre,

2010 29 bht litre,

2012 30 bht litre,

No - prices are different all over. Someone once told me it depends on how far they have to go to distribute it but no idea if that has any validity. When travelling up to the NE it always gets dearer the further up I go than the Pattaya price I am used to.

Pattaya price last week was 20.71 for ordinary diesel

Before diesel was subsidized to keep it cheap.. now the fund needs to be replenished so you are paying more again. Seems fair to me first you got a discount now your paying extra for tough times.

On February 11 there was this news.

The commission will consider slashing the market value, thus will result in the reduction of retail oil prices tomorrow.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/894182-oil-prices-expected-to-go-down-tomorrow/

In reality the price of diesel has only gone UP since that day, regardless of the fact that the world market price of crude even was lower for about a week shortly after the announcement.

2006 15 bht lite,

2002 14 bht litre,

2004 15 bht litre,

2006 24 bht litre,

2008 23 bht litre,

2010 29 bht litre,

2012 30 bht litre,

How further away from Bangkok, how more expensive, because the costs of transport.

2006 15 bht lite,

2002 14 bht litre,

2004 15 bht litre,

2006 24 bht litre,

2008 23 bht litre,

2010 29 bht litre,

2012 30 bht litre,

No - prices are different all over. Someone once told me it depends on how far they have to go to distribute it but no idea if that has any validity. When travelling up to the NE it always gets dearer the further up I go than the Pattaya price I am used to.

Pattaya price last week was 20.71 for ordinary diesel

yup I noticed prices are couple baht higher at gas stations located in middle of nowhere...eg. around Khao Yai area compare to Bangkok.

Simple calculations of crude oil price and exchange rates are quite useless.

Thailand has a complicated system of tax subsidies and intervention to the fuel prices.

This is especially true for Diesel which is not a market price but a political price.

This long period of 29.99 (30) Baht was achieved by capping tax or even subsidies by tax from other fuels.

This report is one of many that explains the system and shows an example from February 2013 when Diesel was favored with 16.175 Baht(!) compared to other fuels.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2014/07/not-all-are-energy-subsidies-are-equal/

With the currently low base prices the revenue department might cash in for the huge losses of the past.

Edited by KhunBENQ

What I was wondering is the price of diesel seemed to just go up 2.5 baht over night. I know a few months ago the government put a tax of fuel in Bangkok for supposedly building new roads etc. Not saying that fuel is to expensive just wondered why the price went up suddenly.Hopefully the money does not end up like the Minister they was robbed some years back and claimed the money was sin sob from his daughters wedding, The robbers said they could not carry all the money. No one went to jail except the people that tried to steal the money.

Thai government of the day subsidized diesel when price was high it was 30.9 a litre in ChiangRai regardless of how much the cost of crude went up. Last week it was 21.6, this week 22.6. If government is pulling bit back - I don't mind. It is still much less than it was & still cheaper than most western countries!

Edited by seedy
font

OMG.... This is as bad as the drinkers complaining about

The price of can of beer. Just fill up the car, drink the beer

And stop complaining. This must be the cheapest place

In the world to live, and live well!!

Right on Sunshine!

They have $2000-5000 to buy a diesel vehicles over a gas and then complain

if they have to pay a baht more for the fuel.

Go figure.