Man in Hospital After Suffering Injuries in Pattaya Jail

snoop1130

Man in Hospital After Suffering Injuries in Pattaya Jail
Pattaya One

BB2.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA -- In the early hours of Friday, a 47-year-old Frenchman was badly injured whilst incarcerated at Pattaya Police Station. It appeared he had been assaulted although Police claim he collapsed and was injured as he suffered convulsions.

The Frenchman France was arrested in the morning of March 3 in front of Fifth Jomtien Hotel. He was accused of possessing an expired visa in his Passport.
While in custody, the Frenchman obtained physical trauma across his entire body. He was sent to Bang Lamung Hospital for medical attention.

Full Story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221926/man-hospital-suffering-injuries-pattaya-jail/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-03-04

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was accused of possessing an expired visa in his passport.

Oh #$%^ I have several expired visas in my passport.

I have one that hasn't expired, but I guess this guy didn't have.

Yes, seems pretty bad injury from a fall, but on the the other hand, why would he be "mishandled" if the only crime was an expired visa?

Let's hope he recovers and can explain what happened.

This is tragic, this poor guys only offence is not leaving the country, he didn't harm anybody. Whatt happened to this guy must be dream come true for people who vilify fellow foreigners who over stay. Visa sub forum here is full of posters calling for harsh punishment for foreigners who have over stayd, a very minor, victimless offence.

This is tragic, this poor guys only offence is not leaving the country, he didn't harm anybody. Whatt happened to this guy must be dream come true for people who vilify fellow foreigners who over stay. Visa sub forum here is full of posters calling for harsh punishment for foreigners who have over stayd, a very minor, victimless offence.

Lets put your allegation to the test, shall we ?

Who on this form feels that over stayers deserve to have violence inflicted upon them ?

Whitemouse says that this forum is full of people who dream about this kind of thing .

Is he correct or is he just being abusive about forum posters without reason ?

Soooooo, with the RTP's history of honesty, transparency, wholly lawful conduct and quite impeccable reputation for impartially upholding the law without fear or favour and, on the other hand a foreigner, whose version should we believe, I wonder...............?

Who on this form feels that over stayers deserve to have violence inflicted upon them ?

Whitemouse says that this forum is full of people who dream about this kind of thing .

Whitemouse is correct. This forum is stuffed full of people who will see this as " He got what he deserved "

I class it the same as riding a motorcycle without a license or helmet

That said I don't believe the police would inflict such violence simply for being on overstay and would hazard a guess he decided to not come quietly shall we say

There have been a number of foreigners very badly beaten in jail here. A British man was beaten to death in Pattaya Prison last year. The police or Corrections Dept always say he injured himself after having a fit. This "explains" the numerous bruises.

A Thai (middle class, not that it matters) once said to me, prisoners in Thailand have no rights at all.

I very much doubt the duty of care principle is applied here.

And the reason for this particular man's incarceration seems extremely petty. That is the risk everyone without connections runs, Thai or foreigner, here. You might have a car accident tomorrow and be locked up for a night with the colloquial murderers and rapists while waiting to be processed.

Whitemouse is correct. This forum is stuffed full of people who will see this as " He got what he deserved "

That said I don't believe the police would inflict such violence simply for being on overstay and would hazard a guess he decided to not come quietly shall we say

If the French guy did actually become violent, which is a distinct possibility, then , it would be correct to say that he got what he deserves, or at least it was his own fault .

But that isnt what Whitemouse said . He said that many TV members would be in favour of the Police physically attacking over stayers , which I believe to be incorrect .

Having harsher punishment for overstayers may be of the opinion of some, but I have yet to read anyone who is in favour of violent attacks carried out by the Police

Whitemouse said that many TV members would be in favour of the Police physically attacking over stayers , which I believe to be incorrect .

Having harsher punishment for overstayers may be of the opinion of some, but I have yet to read anyone who is in favour of violent attacks carried out by the Police

Point it out where did I say that!

You didn't just twist or misinterpret what I said, you lied!

Here, this is what I said:

Whatt happened to this guy must be dream come true for people who vilify fellow foreigners who over stay.

Visa sub forum here is full of posters calling for harsh punishment for foreigners who have over stayd, a very minor, victimless offence.

You lied. Don't do it, because it's very low form. Be a man. Try to have a fair argument.

There have been a number of foreigners very badly beaten in jail here. A British man was beaten to death in Pattaya Prison last year. The police or Corrections Dept always say he injured himself after having a fit. This "explains" the numerous bruises.

A Thai (middle class, not that it matters) once said to me, prisoners in Thailand have no rights at all.

I very much doubt the duty of care principle is applied here.

And the reason for this particular man's incarceration seems extremely petty. That is the risk everyone without connections runs, Thai or foreigner, here. You might have a car accident tomorrow and be locked up for a night with the colloquial murderers and rapists while waiting to be processed.

The way I see it, if he hadn't decided to overstay, he wouldn't have been detained.

I was arrested for a DUI in the States very early on a Saturday morning. After the communal strip search and before transfer to County facilities, most of the time I was in a holding cell with the night's 'colloquials' (?) one of which was a Vietnamese shooter, replete with paper bags tied around his hands to preserve the forensic firearms use evidence. Now who's fault was it that I suddenly had to share a room with a killer (he was subsequently charged, tried, found guilty and locked up)? Anyone?

And yes, I was read my rights very early in the whole, self-inflicted debacle but you know what?... beyond the baloney sandwiches at County, it didn't make me feel any safer or particularly 'cared for.' Being bailed at 6 AM on Monday is one of my career highlights though.

Edited by NanLaew

Overstaying is NOT a victimless offence. This guy is a victim of others overstaying. Others will be victims of his overstaying.

Authorities are sick to death of those who have no regard or respect for Thai laws, so throw offenders in the pen. You are in Thailand, so respect their laws.

I have no idea how he sustained the injuries, but others will no doubt be sure the BiB bashed him. Time may tell on that point.

It's not difficult to do the right thing, so don't bleat about victimless crime, minor breach, breach of no consequence, etc.

If your visa requires border runs, do them. They're part of the price you pay to stay in Thailand.

I see, time and again, posts looking to short circuit the visa requirements. Just comply.

Overstaying is NOT a victimless offence. This guy is a victim of others overstaying. Others will be victims of his overstaying.

Authorities are sick to death of those who have no regard or respect for Thai laws, so throw offenders in the pen. You are in Thailand, so respect their laws.

I have no idea how he sustained the injuries, but others will no doubt be sure the BiB bashed him. Time may tell on that point.

It's not difficult to do the right thing, so don't bleat about victimless crime, minor breach, breach of no consequence, etc.

If your visa requires border runs, do them. They're part of the price you pay to stay in Thailand.

I see, time and again, posts looking to short circuit the visa requirements. Just comply.

Agree with what you say, but it's also the authorities that have created this mess. Money under the table for visas, payments at the border to be allowed through, etc. It's all a money making scheme for many....with the authorities turning a blind eye...or are actually involved...

The guy done something silly and ended up in jail.

Jails are dangerous places.

Don't put yourself in a position where you will end up in jail... Simple!!

No its not simple! Many people end up in jail here when they have done absolutely nothing!!

What is the punishment for being arrested for overstay as opposed to turning yourself in for overstay? He loses everything he has in Thailand because he will be deported and not allowed back in. This might include personal relationships he has with some he loves. What might a man do in that situated? What would you do?

He will probably be going to ICU and straight from ICO to IDC and from IDC to DMK and from DMK to CDG

From DMK likely KUL first before CDG?

He will probably be going to ICU and straight from ICO to IDC and from IDC to DMK and from DMK to CDG

From DMK likely KUL first before CDG?

jacko's making the right points.

Yeah good idea...if you don't know the facts make them up

Guys,

There is a variety of reasons as to how these injuries occurred.

Don't forget he was placed in the jail cells which are usually overflowing with drunks, scumbags, aliens from Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia as well as the scum of Thai society. I am no fan of the RTP, but in the police station they don't usually dish out gratuitous violence for nothing. It is possible he upset somebody within the cell areas through a misunderstanding or, in the cell areas, gratuitous violence is very possible!

If he had been consuming the ' devil / demon drink ' then a lot more chance of running into a problem! Those type of people arrested tend to be the noisiest banging and screaming to get out, which upsets the ' regulars ' smile.png trying to get some sleep.

It's well known and documented, once locked in those holding cells, the police pay no attention as they have the feeling their duties are over.

I doubt it would have been the police unless he seriously overstepped the mark, even if he did, they have inmates to do that ' dirty work ' for them to protect themselves from publicity or criticism!

Edited by Scouse123