PM accuses his opponents of attempting to sabotage the country

rooster59

that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance

Those words don't sit well with these "opponents" of which despise this dream that Paryut and the majority of Thai's want which is transparency, lack of corruption and good governance.

If I didn't respect the above I would be making as much noise as I could to and trying my hardest to "sabotage the country"

Well done Prayut. He must be doing something right when the corrupt are up in arms.

"Those words don't sit well with these "opponents" of which despise this dream that Paryut and the majority of Thai's want which is transparency, lack of corruption and good governance."

No one (AFAIK) here on TVF is against "transparency, lack of corruption and good governance". What I and many other question is the will and ability of the junta to deliver this. If they really wanted to change Thailand for the better they would welcome inquiries about their personal wealth, reform the military, police and judiciary (for a start).

Tell me; why is none of this happening?

Well, someone needs to run the countryrolleyes.gif

Hey rubi! You missed the 'i' out of 'ruin'.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance

Those words don't sit well with these "opponents" of which despise this dream that Paryut and the majority of Thai's want which is transparency, lack of corruption and good governance.

If I didn't respect the above I would be making as much noise as I could to and trying my hardest to "sabotage the country"

Well done Prayut. He must be doing something right when the corrupt are up in arms.

"Those words don't sit well with these "opponents" of which despise this dream that Paryut and the majority of Thai's want which is transparency, lack of corruption and good governance."

No one (AFAIK) here on TVF is against "transparency, lack of corruption and good governance". What I and many other question is the will and ability of the junta to deliver this. If they really wanted to change Thailand for the better they would welcome inquiries about their personal wealth, reform the military, police and judiciary (for a start).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Indeed. Here is a radical idea: Why not hold an election and have the people decide?

Thai people have shown not to be mature enough, just like the opponents the PM refers to seem like Amply Rich elite and petty adolescents who care about self only.

What an incredibly patronising post. I take it you don't live in this country among all the imature people.

Regardless of what one rubi thinks of the people, democracy is democracy is democracy.

Edited by jesimps

I don't take much notice of this guy anymore. He is full of 'I instructed (someone/group...) to do so and so' 'I have done (this & that) for the country...' 'I told the G77 blah blah...' but when it come to taking the responsibility for something not going his way it's 'point the time'. So I comment here just on the objective side. He says Thais must do this and that to eliminate corruption but Mr. PM nearly all countries suffer from corruption with varying degrees. I'm sure we've all seen it in our homeland; a new regulation, say Tax for example, is signed by a government and immediately some people will do their utmost to get around it by legal or illegal means. So Mr. PM let the corruption bit go because the best you can do is fight it but my guess is it'll still be around in Thailand (or elsewhere) for many years to come.

Indeed. Here is a radical idea: Why not hold an election and have the people decide?

Thai people have shown not to be mature enough, just like the opponents the PM refers to seem like Amply Rich elite and petty adolescents who care about self only.

Notwithstanding the condescension of this statement, who's fault is it that those making up the overwhelming majority of this country, the poor, have not been educated or allowed a Democracy to develop here? Couldn't be 22 coups could it?huh.png

the alleged dutch guy just likes to run-down the Thai people as "not smart enough" for democracy.

Grossly, no, crassly patronizing, and showing an utterly amazing degree of contempt for the people and the country you always rather imply you have lived among for a long time.

Edited by JAG

what does he mean? men arriving on the beach in the dark of night.... in rubber dinghies.... equipped with cutting tools for snipping communication and electrical cables? huh?

Edited by maewang99

come on Baerboxer tell us what a wonderful speech it was as djjamie seems to have gone quiet or are you the same person?

Nope - your're wrong again. But as usual, that's not really surprising.

We all know that any politician here would do absolutely anything, has many have proven, to get their greedy grimy hands on the trough.

The one in power sees it as sabotage whereas the one trying to regain power sees it as clever tricks. Once the positions are reversed then so are the views.

Do you remember various puppets in the last regime always claiming someone, some group, some NGO or some mysterious "third hand" was out to get them and sabotaging their good intentions? Your memory is somewhat selective so maybe not.

You keep on believing in Shin fairy land if it makes you happy.

Baerboxer arrives with his traditional "But, but, but...Thaksin!"

It's his answer to every criticism of the junta.

Those words don't sit well with Prayuth. He has Article 44 power, he can mandate transparency and aggressively prosecute corruption, but chooses not to. One suspects it would incriminate too many cronies, family members and himself.

As to practicing good governance, I think there is an issue with competence preventing junta from governing in such a manner.

Grossly, no, crassly patronizing, and showing an utterly amazing degree of contempt for the people and the country you always rather imply you have lived among for a long time.

Some expats only hang out with the lowest of low, and assume they are representative of all of Thailand.

Some of us keep better company and have greater faith in the Thai people's ability to govern themselves, if the military will get out of the way.

"The prime minister maintained that the National Council for Peace and Order wanted to make sure that the next government would commit itself in performing what the people have wanted – that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance."

Interesting that transparency, ending corruption and good governance are all left for the next government, even though this government has Article 44 power and answers to no one--it can govern any way it wants.

Interesting, but not surprising.

Notwithstanding the condescension of this statement, who's fault is it that those making up the overwhelming majority of this country, the poor, have not been educated or allowed a Democracy to develop here? Couldn't be 22 coups could it?huh.png

Well an 'democratically elected elite type a decade ago wasn't much into 'educating the masses' either. "look I give you free calendars with my sister's image' doesn't really help much. Letting a Minister of Education starting his policy with a quote from a criminal fugitive doesn't do much in educating. Unless you want to stress 'the rich and elite are different'.

So, no wonder PM Prayut accuses.

"Without naming names, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha accused a group of people in attempting to destroy their motherland, reject Thai legal process and encouraging foreign organizations and governments to put pressure on Thailand."

With Thaksin's calendar, Ms. Yingluck's invitation to come to Brussels and many other 'incidents', I guess PM Prayuth is right.

Calendars and an invitation to Brussels is an attempt to destroy the motherland?

I doubt it.

Well that's your opinion. Others see machinations in the back. A getting older Amply Rich guy getting desperate as well. Close to eight years ago he jumped bail and still not being able to return in triumph. His clone asked to show responsibility and accountability. His egged on Pheu Thai members not seen as 'poor, hunted down defenders of democracy'. Still big money helps to get 'objective' organisations to question the current Thai government.

OK, so the mature elite will govern for the immature Thais, right? Tell me, are they all as mature as Uncle Too?

Well, the 'immature elite' run by their criminal fugitive head abroad will not govern and till now the UN is not interested in rebuilding Thai society over a twenty year occupation period.

Hey rubi! You missed the 'i' out of 'ruin'.

The nice thing of 'one liners' is there is no need to explain. All can give their own meaning to what the 'one liner' might say. As such ideal to let emotions flow instead of having them bottled up.

Ultimate clown.

Monty Python was fantastic, but not a patch on this guy. Ministry of silly walks...not as silly.

You couldn't write this stuff.

History recalls much about many, but will there be a definitive record of this clown, and what we all know can laugh about here in LoS?

Shakespeare's works have been lovingly preserved for the generations, and possible to be read by future alien visitors if there are any, but please, preserve the loony tunes stuff too.

What an incredibly patronising post. I take it you don't live in this country among all the imature people.

Regardless of what one rubi thinks of the people, democracy is democracy is democracy.

An inconvenient truth I guess?

BTW democracy doesn't equate with elections. Elections are but a part of democracy. Strictly speaking if everyone knew what to do there might not even be a need for elections as responsible people would take the jobs fit for them and execute as should be. Of course humans haven't reached the stage of Utopia yet.

the alleged dutch guy just likes to run-down the Thai people as "not smart enough" for democracy.

The real Dutch guy if you please.

The truth shall set you free, even from elite figures of any kind. Ignoring the machinations of another elite group or even supporting them while calling others 'patronising' or 'in contempt of people' seems incredibly dishonest.

Some expats only hang out with the lowest of low, and assume they are representative of all of Thailand.

Some of us keep better company and have greater faith in the Thai people's ability to govern themselves, if the military will get out of the way.

You forgot the 'present company excluded' my dear Heybruce.

you forgot the 'present company excluded' my dear Heybruce.

8 posts on a single TVF page must be some sort of record even for your ego rubl

Nothing to do with ego, only with upbringing.

When someone takes the trouble to reply to a post of mine I think it polite to respond.

Because then it all starts all over again.