Krabi police scoop up reef thieves

rooster59

Krabi police scoop up reef thieves

Kritsada Mueanhawong

post-247607-0-55534800-1457176698_thumb.

KRABI: Krabi officials arrested three men yesterday after they were apprehended illegally collecting coral and sea anemone near Koh Pu.

Samart Janlamoon, 39, Natthapol Watjinda, 21, and Somrit Suksai, 41, were found in possession of 15 boxes of the precious marine life after officers inspected their boat, confirmed Jaroenchai Srisuwan, chief of the Krabi Fishery Management Center.

“Last night, five of our officers went out for patrols in Koh Pu. They found the three men sitting on a longtail boat; their actions seemed suspicious, so our officers rode up for further inspection,” Mr Jaroenchai said.

The suspects confessed that the boxes were to be sent to Bangkok, and expected to fetch a total of about 40,000 baht. They also admitted that they had done this several times in the past.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Krabi-police-scoop-reef-thieves/63340?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-05

The same reason that Customs in Australia do not allow large sea shells such as nautilus into the country. I think this applies to many other western countries under the CITES scheme.

The local idiots harvest these live as they do coral, with no thoughts about preserving the reef.

The same reason that Customs in Australia do not allow large sea shells such as nautilus into the country. I think this applies to many other western countries under the CITES scheme.

The local idiots harvest these live as they do coral, with no thoughts about preserving the reef.

Many times I have seen dive boats, anchored on coral reefs, pulling up their anchors and destroying far more coral than these "collectors". So no doubt the operators and the farang Diving instructors should be labled as "idiots" too

Always the same no thought's about environment, all about the money

one day this planet will say enough is enough and will get rid of all humans,

Wouldn't be the first mass extinction and wont be the last !!!

Many times I have seen dive boats, anchored on coral reefs, pulling up their anchors and destroying far more coral than these "collectors". So no doubt the operators and the farang Diving instructors should be labled as "idiots" too

If you see that here, report it. This is not allowed.

On top of that, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Archived