My experience of applying for UK FLR visa

Many thanks for your reply Rob 180. Thankfully all of our translated documents are already certified. I just thought that it was yet another requirement that had been added since our previous application. Also, the documents have been previously accepted and I have clearly been overthinking this. 

I have been working on this application in my spare time since August and fully agree with your views on the  FLR application. The form is really badly planned and worded, is often contradictory and is almost deliberately complex for no other reason than to frustrate. How somebody with a minimal grasp of English at the required A2 level could hope to deal with it successfully is beyond my comprehension, but perhaps that's the idea!

I'm afraid this arduous process has done nothing to reduce my cynicism or general stress levels. Thanks again, it's good to know I'm not alone in my thoughts. 

If what you have just now is just translated documents, you will have to get them certified. 

The trick is to use a reputable translation company. The couple of translation companies we have used stamp and sign at the bottom of the translation.

How somebody with a minimal grasp of English at the required A2 level could hope to deal with it successfully is beyond my comprehension, but perhaps that's the idea!

But as the visa we are discussing is FLR it's unlikely that a Thai person of either sex would be completing the form. It's tough enough to decipher for us!

• Like 1