GERMANY BANS SAUSAGES: Pork banned in cafes and schools to 'not offend refugees'

webfact

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ soi little point mate , i read a post he made , another unfortunatly thing with this app blocks don't transfer over:angry: but seems he comes from a town in theUK where he said used to be a working class English town that's

been taken over by Muslims ironically asians i presume , and he no longer likes It there Of course that 'feeling hasn't anything to do with him i know its more complex and can't be blamed TOTALLY on one side. But even so!!! now he's totally bigoted where race or color is concerned. For example On another thread I ve unfortunately come across him, he continually objects to any period drama or historical dramas. DRAMAS being the key word here, having black actors . Citing them as being token

gestures to a pc ravaged culture, try telling that to a director !!! and the trouble is he's backed up by more people/ idiots than care to object, even the mods refuse to see his comments as racist. Bottom line soi. from my expirence he's just a narrow minded racist biggot and the 31 ish pages on this ridiculous subject points that tv has more than its fair share of them.

No doubts he'll hit bac, as he's done b4 citing he's not racially biased he's got a black friend or a coloured g/f he seems to think this excludes and negates his quite shocking ignorance, but no great surprises there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

She actually bought me the packet of mini eggs.

She is Buddhist.

She doesn't eat beef due to some religious vow she made before I met her; but she does buy and cook beef for me.

I believe the beef thing comes from a revered monk upseting Buddha. When he died his followers prayed for his rebirth. Buddha it is said sent him back as a bull. So to avoid eating him, they refuse beef. Most of the locals avoid beef including er in doors.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

She is Buddhist.

She doesn't eat beef due to some religious vow she made before I met her; but she does buy and cook beef for me.

I believe the beef thing comes from a revered monk upseting Buddha. When he died his followers prayed for his rebirth. Buddha it is said sent him back as a bull. So to avoid eating him, they refuse beef. Most of the locals avoid beef including er in doors.

y understanding is the cow was made sacred in India when many many centuries ago there was a drought followed the.next year by another and the.next year. And.next year so the elders in society recognised if it happened again everyone would eat their cows and then as gandhi Recognised many years later take away the cows.ie no milk cheese cow pats for fire ect ect and India really really would be in trouble so to avoid this they, pragmaticly made them sacred

Edited by rijit

She is Buddhist.

y understanding is the cow was made sacred in India when many many centuries ago there was a drought followed the.next year by another and the.next year. And.next year so the elders in society recognised if it happened again everyone would eat their cows and then as gandhi Recognised many years later take away the cows.ie no milk cheese cow pats for fire ect ect and India really really would be in trouble so to avoid this they, pragmaticly made them sacred

Cows have been sacred since BC.

What exactly is your issue with halal meat anyway, other than it being Muslim?

Method of slaughter, unstunned.

Halal does allow pre-stunning, as long as it only renders the animal unconscious and doesn't kill it.

It is Shechita, the Kosher method of slaughter, which doesn't allow any pre-stunning at all.

According to the RSPCA, around 84% of animals slaughtered by the Halal method in the UK are pre-stunned. See attached document.

Remember the furore over New Zealand lamb being slaughtered in Halal abattoirs? That same document says that all meat slaughtered in New Zealand is pre-stunned.

It is true that not all meat slaughtered by either Halal or Shechita sold in British supermarkets is labelled as such.

However, as Jewish dietary laws mean that only about half the animal is considered Kosher, the rest is sold off for consumption by non Jews as it is not Kosher. Islamic dietary laws allow the entire animal to be used.

The RSPCA report clearly states that over half the meat slaughtered by Shechita is sold on the open market without being labelled as such. So, unlabelled meat is far more likely to have been slaughtered using Shechita than Halal.

But whether this unlabelled meat is Shechita or Halal, one thing is certain: Shechita meat; not pre-stunned: Halal meat; 80% probability that it was pre-stunned.

If you are concerned about animal welfare then you must object as much to Shechita as you do to Halal. To object to Halal only and ignore Shechita has nothing to do with animal welfare concerns, it is pure bigotry

Slaughter without prestunning (for religious purposes) information sheet February 2015.pdf

Halal meat does not have to be slaughtered without stunning. I know that all the major UK supermarkets at least only sell meat from animals that were stunned first.

Any other objections?

Halal meat does not have to be slaughtered without stunning. I know that all the major UK supermarkets at least only sell meat from animals that were stunned first.

Any other objections?

Some believe it contradicts zahiba. Google it.

Some ultra orthodox may, but most don't.

The facts are clear (unless one believes the RSPCA are lying!).

• Halal allows pre-stunning, Shechita doesn't.
  • Around 80% of Halal meat sold in the UK is pre-stunned; none of the Kosher meat is.
  • Both Halal and Kosher products are labelled as such, otherwise the target market wouldn't buy them.
  • Surplus meat from both Halal and Shechita abattoirs is sold to the general population without being labelled as Halal or Kosher.
  • Over half the meat slaughtered using Shechita is sold off in this manner. I can't find figures for Halal; but whatever the amount, remember point 2.

This Telegraph article from December 2014 is interesting

Huw Irranca-Davies, the shadow environment minister..... “Should all different types of slaughter be labelled for the consumer? In that case, make room on the label for slaughter by electrical current, or by carbon dioxide, inert gas, captive bolt pistol, gunshot or free bullet and so on.
“Some advocate doing so, and it would certainly satisfy the need for transparency

Tell us; do you object to Halal, Shechita, both or neither?

I'd be very interested in the reply to that question from others, as well; especially I Claudius.

Edited by 7by7

Any other objections?

Funny how islamaphobes try to sell themselves as animal rights activists when then the argument suits...

Any other objections?

Funny how islamaphobes try to sell themselves as animal rights activists when then the argument suits...
So you're a vegetable then?

Any other objections?

So you're a vegetable then?

Keep trying with the Zingers... You'll get there one day. Remember, rub on, rub off....

Then maybe you could post a link to it?

Some off-topic posts have been removed. The story being referred to them is running here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906055-scottish-police-investigate-killing-of-muslim-shopkeeper/

I note that this topic is straying very far from the OP. Provided that posters are civil, the discussion can continue.

Indeed, which probably explains why they wont answer the question

do you object to Halal, Shechita, both or neither?

Any answers; anybody?

All methods of slaughter cause pain, distress and suffering; as anyone who has ever visited an abattoir, any abattoir, can confirm.

If one is that concerned about animal welfare then the only course of action is to refrain from eating meat; but personally, I like the stuff too much!

• 1 month later...