Free seminar on some of the problems which follow an ex-pat’s death in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Well prepared: Free seminar on some of the problems which follow an ex-pat’s death in Thailand

post-137452-0-99843200-1457321804_thumb.

The Seminar “Well Prepared” seeks to clarify some of the problems which follow an ex-pat’s death in Thailand.
Many dramatic and challenging situations may arise. Even when the deceased person has a Thai partner with whom they have spent more than 20 years, the law doesn't allow that partner to make decisions about the funeral. Being married but without testament, a Thai wife is unable to access funds from the deceased's account and often cannot then clear medical bills or funeral expenses.
Many foreigners living in Thailand are not registered at their embassies and so embassy staff have trouble finding the next of kin in order to make the official notification. It's easy to see why some families’ lives are plunged into turmoil after a death simply due to non-communication.
In co-operation with lawyers and embassy staff, the seminar is to enlighten and help people become wiser, and share how to deal with the various processes that are required in the event of a death, and to be prepared accordingly.
When
Friday 11th March 13:30 to 15:30
Where
Ouh Kham Hall, Ground Floor, The Legend Chiang Rai Hotel
How to attend/register
All participants must register by Wednesday 9th March 2016
Please contact dao [at] allisonmonkhouse.com or call 02 261 7929
Edited by Tywais
despamified e-mail

There already was such a presentation in Chiang Mai, last year. I found it much less informative than I expected and I learned nothing new. Much of the time was taken up by commercial presentations by a firm of funeral directors offering their services to repatriate your body.

I think the expression is making a mountain out of a molehill. Know several that have passed on. Its fairly easy and straightforward in Thailand. Another scheme to feed off of those from the nanny state.

There already was such a presentation in Chiang Mai, last year. I found it much less informative than I expected and I learned nothing new. Much of the time was taken up by commercial presentations by a firm of funeral directors offering their services to repatriate your body.

Really? And no-one to offer investment advice for grieving widows?

Tsk Tsk

Same thing,looks like it's a financial services etc seminar.

...they should make the information more accessible...

...Chiang Rai..???

...and they should streamline a method by which deceased's family can retain some of the assets....

If its for the benefit for all farangs there is no point in having a seminar in Chang Rai for a few locals.Are these people frightened to put anything down on paper and put it in the reach of ALL FARANGS.And 15 mins at the end for Q's!!!!!!!!!!!obviously not expecting manyclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Have a nice meeting ALL you locals------------coffee1.gif

Edited by biplanebluey

Any special visa requirements on passing away, death tax, handling fee, overstay fines, I'm sure they'll get round to it.

It's a joke guy's.

Give it time, they will get round to it eventually. T i T

But why Chiang Rai - are people are just Dying to to go there?

Alison Monkhouse - an Australian funeral home trying to hedge in on the local watt's and the Thai legal biz

That should be fun, I hope they've go their biz permits & work visa in place and ready for some less than divine intervention.

You don't need an undertaker to tell you what to do in Thailand.

Get burnt at the nearest wat with a furnace, ask your wife or friends to put you ashes at your favourite spot and tell the missus to hit the ATM for everything your credit card is worth before they know you are dead.

P.S. If you know you are dying have the wake before you go then they can't say anything nasty about you.

I attended the seminar

If you listened correctly

They offered Cremation In Thailand as well

Being a Australian i understood 100% of what was said

There were some who did not understand everything

I did talk to the Director and Dao about this after the session

They both welcomed the feedback

i believe this will be corrected in this one

It's marketing in its broadest sense - all free presentations are, but that's not to say that there isn't useful information to be learned. I didn't come away with quite what I'd hoped for from the CEC presentation but did pick up some useful information that since (sadly) came in useful.

I attended the seminar

If you listened correctly

They offered Cremation In Thailand as well

Being a Australian i understood 100% of what was said

There were some who did not understand everything

I did talk to the Director and Dao about this after the session

They both welcomed the feedback

i believe this will be corrected in this one

I had no problem understanding what was said, it was largely a marketing exercise for an Australian funeral director. I heard (and "listened correctly") that they also offered cremations. However, it is not difficult to arrange a cremation in Thailand---there are close to one million cremations a year here. Why on earth would anyone contact an Australian funeral director to get a cremation in Thailand??

All I would like is a definitive answer on the legality of a Living Will and how to get the medical staff to follow its instructions!

It's certainly legal but good luck getting the Thai health community to follow it.

Maybe the good luck I need, is not requiring to try and use it? wink.png